Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - XI - The Beast Within - (Hommega May 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

XI - The Beast Within - (Hommega May 2007)

J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jun 6, 2007 20:52
Very solid, powerful and top quality shit.

A bit similar to their past releases, but who cares?

IT'S GOOD!

Regards!
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 15:46
yepp...
best hommega release so far this year!

thumbs up!!

greetz from vienna!           http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 16:25
I dont really like it... the cd was boring for me...           UGLY BEFORE!
Astral699
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Jun 9, 2007 12:34
Right DAHAKA. I share your opinion.
Didnt like this album at all. It was boring fullon. The best example how modern fullon should not sound in my opinion...
Xerix and Illumination previous album was thousand times better.
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 9, 2007 19:51
i think its kIlller.. ..!
thr prdtn work is so PHAT n PURE ..!
a smooth drive is associated with their muzik and i can very much feel the essence of that in this case ..!
ITS CRISP has loaded emotions n loddsa flair which catches my ear instantaneously ..!
one of my all time fav morning acts ..! keep em goin hommega crew esp to amir and moshe ..!
MY PIKS : -

3. Creature of the night
4. Red handed (XI rmx)
6. No way out
7. Bass safari
8. Turbulence <--- PREFERRED THE ONE THAT WAS RELEASED PREVIOUSLY ...!

killer ..! plz keep em coming guys cant get enuf of ur muzikk but i still think thr best work that came out was on the first one .. TEMPORARY INSANITY in 2004 ..! it was insane ..!
big luv n boom to all involved ...!
Bender B. Rodriguez
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 9, 2007 21:38
this album has a lot of wizzy noise moments.

i rate it: ok, but still meh
          SPQR
Boohna

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 10, 2007 19:32
hey

nice album
          Beyond
myspace.com/beyondelectronica
Check it out!
Vlip Psyde

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 10, 2007 23:39
I agree, it has a lot of Wizzy Noise moments (and I think Wizzy Noise > XI). I also agree their previous album was better (and actually when I think of it, Temporary Insanity was better too) and this is quite boring.. Nothing new actually. It's almost as if they played on safe. Like: "Oh, now we know what people like, so let's make some more uninspired tracks in that style".

Don't get me wrong, the tracks aren't bad, but the album just misses something... Creativity.
steve
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 07:12
Yep reviews here are pretty spot on imo.. still very good album and probably better than most but as Vlip said this album on first impressions does not reach the creative high of their previous work.. which is fairly understandable as they've probably been out on the road a lot this past year and not been on studio a lot or something.

Hope they try and stay away as much as poss from producing clones from clones and then some more clones from those clones just to be sure as the music can soon begin to sound pretty boring to many who initially loved it. Its difficult to do so especially as output is very important and most acts do it

Pypedream
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jun 12, 2007 21:55
I've been following these guys since their first releases with The Human Race album and Illumination's "Crystals".

First few tracks I was noticing too much similarity to "XI" but the tracks separate themselves more clearly in the latter part of the record. There is a formula, but if you liked the last release you should enjoy this one as much if not more. For three days now my media player has been doing one thing only: 7,8,9, repeat, 7,8,9, repeat.....

This CD got unwrapped, imported, and broadcast repeatedly much to the dismay of my neighbors I'm sure. "last stop" has a minimal, freakulizer-like vibe that i just can't get enough of.

Keep going XI!           ELECTRON EYES / MARK-EVAN (NOR. CAL)
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/MARK-EVAN
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 15, 2007 01:09
very nice move! its just as good as previous two albums were. keep this good habbit and bring us more such great cds!           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
HujaBoy
HujaBoy

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 11:09
for sure the best duo around these days!
this album showes every one u can be creative and also a litlle dark and u dont need to be a copycat...and u will do great!
I love XI music for me this is PSytrance at its best!
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Jun 17, 2007 12:54
XI third album is finally here ! Amir Dvir & Moshe Keinan are the names behind this project. After they were based their position on the top full on scene with two successful albums ('XI' and 'Temporary Insanity') and lots of releases on compilations, the time has come and 'The Beast Within' is coming out. The style is their typical one - strong beats featuring shady vibes and many dance floor elements. So, get ready for the new trip in XI spaceship...

Cover : http://217.160.164.51/pic/hom1cd053.jpg

Track list :
1. Intro
2. The beast within
3. Creature of the night
4. Red handed (XI rmx)
5. Virtual violence
6. No way out
7. Bass safari
8. Turbulence
9. Last stop
10. Head split

Review :

1. Intro
Two minutes of introduction for the long expected journey is best choice . Slowly we get in the business...

2. The beast within 145 BPM
The begining of this track suprised me a bit, suddenly enter an electro influenced kick supporting by groovy bass-line...but after two minutes the madness is start. It's contains lots of noisy effects around, which creates the track's story and lead the listener to the main target - diging ! the lovely guitar's playing on the middle is super special and follow the track all over it. Great opening guys.

3. Creature of the night 143 BPM
It's start chilly and comfortable, but when the heavy beats arrives - the rest is over and game is on. The high level of sound is add a lot to the track's feeling. This guys are not relax even for a second, everything is on action all the time and this create a danceable flow in the air. Actually, you will not remmember something special from this track, but as DJ tool - 'Creature of the night' is a gift.

4. Red handed (XI rmx) 143 BPM
X Noise and Domestic are responsible for 'Red Handed' original version and when they gave Moshe & Amir free hand to do what they want with it, we got this result. This version is completly different - more powerful and dynamic, full of jumping moments and XI unique vibes. Simply a dance floor stomper !

5. Virtual violence 145 BPM
Track number five is a special one in my opinion, because the smart developing and the old XI style. Don't look for games or cheesy parts - 'Virtual violence' is a diging only. Somehow, XI always create an anxious atmosphere on their tracks and force the body react permanently.

6. No way out 142 BPM
The title say all - there is no way out from this trip . This time, the tempo is going down a bit and give the body option to reload the powers again. I found 'No way out' track kind of boring and avarage, except some specific moments of emotionaly seconds packed with deep melodies. Anyway, we all needed this track as a small brake from the digs routine.

7. Bass safari 145 BPM
I hope you all chilled enough, because the spaceship must keep the journey. Regretfully the come back is not as I expected - 'Bass safari' track is a bit repulsive after several listenings. But, as usual, XI must have at least one glory moment and thats whats happening on 04:30. Lets hope for better continuance.

8. Turbulence 145 BPM
The compensation is come immediately. 'Turbulence' is exactly what I need at this time - no sophistication and tricks, just pure music with Amir & Moshe's touch. The formula is clear - more power, less melodies and the most important...magical flow. Well done.

9. Last stop 140 BPM
Sometimes I wonder why XI don't produce more music on this tempo ? they doing it so good. 'Last stop' is a mature track, which help the listener to keep the legs moving, but the vibes & atmosphere are much more calm on comparing to the previous tracks. Just now, two tracks before the end, we could sense kind of emotionaly feeling inside the music. The heart is come back to the regular pulse .

10. Head split 130 BPM
It's time to collect the all pieces of the body and connect them again after hard trip and thats why XI give us 'Head split' track. A free style tune, downbeat and chilly packed with enjoyable feeling of the end...

To sum it up - 'The Beast Within' is similar to the last album ('XI'), but still contains it's own magic with more variation of music. This album is really help to release the beast inside us .

You can get it here :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd053.html

http://www.hommega.com/hommegaShop.php?curSubj=&artistID=&curPrdID=86&prdCat=albums

Domingos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 18, 2007 00:24
What a "Head Split" moshe.......
wow,groove 2 da face!           The songs and the music that i portray, Comes from the heart and comes from the mind, That makes it, that makes me feel that i'm blurring? The right information.
RenatoGanesh

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 18:09
Awesome album. It´s work´s perfectly at dancefloor´s lives perfomances and I´ve the same E-JEKT´s impressions. There´s no doubt that it´s one of the most (or the best) album of 2007. Congratulations, good track analisys.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - XI - The Beast Within - (Hommega May 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance