Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  World Music - World music?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

World music?

NOVA (Ultimae Records)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 28, 2004 14:16
Quote:

On 2004-05-28 11:02, Makumashi wrote:
You forgot to mention great Tuva artists - Huun-Hur-Tuu & Yat-kha!!!

Great! Yat-kha did the live soundtrack for a sovietic silent movie, Storm Over Asia, performed at the Barbican Centre, very impressive.

about Tuva artists, check Sainko Namchylak. She a siberian singer, amazing!

::Memento:Audere:Semper::

www.myspace.com/nova_music
www.ultimae.com

~Panoramic Music For Panoramic People~
interspecies commnication

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 28, 2004 17:34
hi!!

u are right...tuva music are very special and simply amazing!!

and i like to thanks to israfreaks to this new great section...
world music have everithing to do with chill out and trance, mainly some cases like marrocan, indian or even jamaica sound... in my opinion, is where the trance it was born...

«««floating machine»»»
Lerich

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 28, 2004 19:18
Stephen Kent - didjeridoo music
Makumashi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 30, 2004 11:35
Whoaa! Didjeridoo music! It's really one of the deepest wind instrument! Also try David Hudsons "Rainbow Serpent" album!

ps: but it's so hard to learn how to make a continuous sound on didjeridoo!
Janux
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : May 31, 2004 16:30

to answer the question asked in the begining, of 'why discuss world music? and what does it have to do with trance?'...

well in a way, funky music from all over the world was the mother of the trance scene, because the outdoor parties in Goa in the late 70's till mid 80's didnt have trance music, those parties were a mix of all kinds of sounds from all over the world. eventually people tripping out to these parties started making the more electronic based music in Europe and started taking it back to goa and playing it....

also if you look back at tribal music... many cultures had their own versions of rhythemic and repetitive music, and ceremonies around the music too.... thousands of years ago humans were using repetitive music to push them into states of trance....           www.facebook.com/DjJanux
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jun 2, 2004 11:57
well said jehan .......... but i love world music.....its just so sweet and peaceful........and yeah trippy too           New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
binary_me

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 14, 2004 09:49
has anyone heard indian ocean ???? its a band from india creating world music ....they are just awesome ...

also a band called tabla beat science ....fucking awesome .....

yes psyk ....world music is plain mind boggling ....           I'm tripping on this KILLER drug these days -HOOCH.....
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jul 11, 2004 21:00

indian ocean is great.......nice chill stuff.....something like alternative rock (the lighter side though) .......

New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
binary_me

Posted : Jul 23, 2004 15:57
indeed ..... their new album is awesome too....some nice basswork and drumming           I'm tripping on this KILLER drug these days -HOOCH.....
jungle fuck
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 30, 2004 16:52
deep forest not bad at all
Akbal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 11, 2004 04:20
Talking about world-music.... wouldn't it be awsome to see some fusion happening in between elektronika and world-music?? open a few more doors?? I have to say that lately I'm extremely thrilled about these world-music-events, every event sparkles, there's all types of people, young, old, straight, freaky, you name it.. AND THEY DANCE!!! many times on top of the tables, they're happy, there's performance, something unfortunatelly I miss in the trance-events (don't get me wrong, not all of them) and WORLD-music really seems to bring the WORLD together.. isn't this part of the mission???
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 11, 2004 13:42
Quote:

On 2004-08-11 04:20, Akbal wrote:
wouldn't it be awsome to see some fusion happening in between elektronika and world-music??

it's happening already. i think it's even very trendy at the moment to mix electronica and world music (i don't have anything against that). labels like interchill and dakini for example release electronic chillout with world music influences etc etc. "sahara lounge" from putumayo (one of the topics here which you, akbal, commented
too)is also an example of electronic music combining forces with world music.

Akbal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 11, 2004 21:49
true, there's loads of music out there that offers the fusion in between world and elektroniks, yet I would love to see events that offer both elektronik music and another stage or space that offers a more ethnic style.... sometimes in an event you find chill-out's and many times they don't do so well, yet if it would be killer to see a stage filled with performance of belly-dance, african, flamenco etc. and feel how the people unite... just an option of opening more doors to the beauty of our planet..
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 12, 2004 12:52

ok, so you were talking about live performances and not releases...
i guess (because i haven't been to these
parties) that especially bigger psy festivals like boom have also stages with
world music performances. am i completely wrong? i remember hearing or reading something about this somewhere... delivering exact and precise information has always
been one of my stronger sides
Pointy

Posted : Aug 30, 2004 13:27
I have only experienced world music performance on a trance festival once and that was in Marocco 2000/01. There it didn't work so well. The people wanted to hear the pumping bass from the speakers and were not interested in the maroccans performing on the stage and were even getting pissed off with it. It wasn't a very nice vibe at all.

I think there are many people who are into trance, that like to listen to world music as well, but from my experience they are not so bothered with it on a happening where they mainly come for dancing. I think that the world music performers would often end up without an audience.

The people that are into world music usually don't like to listen to trance (that's my experience with friends, that go to world music live performances quite often). So I don't think that they would really appreciate a 'mixed' festival either.

Hm, now that sounds a little pessimistic maybe...
I love to listen to world music, but must admit I would not spent much time at such a stage on a festival and I am just a bit sceptic, that many people would.
Trance Forum » » Forum  World Music - World music?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance