Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - What's good in 2014?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

What's good in 2014?

Balcannibal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 6, 2014 18:34
@ Mozza
I'll check some of those releases. Tnx for the list!
The fullon trance of nowadays of labels such as Nano, Phantasm, BMSS, Alchemy, Dacru, TIP etc is solid, but forgettable. Clean, filtered, pumped with production, but often boring imho. Not too much for the head.. it's all about emotions, easy "secure" flight. Sometimes not so bad thing thou, you can find lots of driving & melodic saikedelik tracks in their releases.. Just need to search & listen. Hyper production nowadays can turn you off from decent stuff.

My list from 2014 is growing with:

VA Songs of experience / Blue hour sounds
Gaspard - Seems legit / Peak rec.
VA 71 degrees north / Devils mind rec.

cHeeRz

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead...
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jun 7, 2014 04:27
Yup. I'm finding the releases on Timewarp/Ovnimoon & Sita Records the only stuff that's emotional & deep even Subtrip has IMO become a bit generic. I played a set recently in Penang at an old friends 50th. 1.5 hours of Anjuna/DAT/Zion604 then 1.5 hours if Timewarp/Sita as he wanted Goa sound. It was so powerful & fun.

Agneton is currently my fav artist. Soooo much crazy energy!!           Cuntus Maximus.
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Jun 7, 2014 12:04
@Mozza - From your list only middle mode and martian arts is good. Burn in noise ? ha i thought they stopped producing . Their music is really cheezy.
I had hopes from wrecked machines and burn in noise when they first came out but as all full on they didnt fail in disappointing .           missing plug-in
Balcannibal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2014 02:46

Another dose!

VA 5th Dimension / Northern Psylight rec.
Android Spirit - Synthetic Organism / Timecode rec.
Ghreg on Earth - Photon Grimoires / MindFull rec.
VA Soundveicher - Audition one / PHI Electronic Potential
Fagin's Reject - Dirty Protest / Wildthings rec.
VA The Call of Goa 2 / Timewarp rec.
Martian Arts - Grey Area EP / Goa Prod.
VA Native Intentions / Hilltop & Sangoma rec.
VA Jikukan / Ovnimoon rec.
VA UK Psychedelic / Nano rec.
Gojja - Eggshell Marmalade / Sanaton & Lost Theory
VA BrainZcrew 3 / Parvati rec.
Vertical - Vertical EP / Parvati rec.
Ozmali - Phoenicians / Ozmali rec.
Sectio AureArgot Digamma - Anficlavis / Argot Digamma Music

cHeeRz

OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2014 07:38
for the forest vibe am currently loving

VA- "Emotive Theater"

for hi tech fast bpm the new album by Select Project is awesome on Osom Music!           Cuntus Maximus.
Balcannibal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2014 14:25
Quote:

On 2014-07-17 07:38, OzMike wrote:
for the forest vibe am currently loving

VA- "Emotive Theater"

for hi tech fast bpm the new album by Select Project is awesome on Osom Music!

I will listen those two, tnx!
I'm still hooked with older Select Project compilation releases. But little worried about Dmitry's sound.. I miss that raw pre-Osom music cyberdelic monster!! I feel like it's heading towards "Crazy astronaut" type of style. Good clean production, many samples, crazy cyber leads but fast forward fullon touches with nothing psychoactive, just energy driven dancefloor bangin' Previews sounded just like that.. maybe I need to ear the whole story.. I don't mind high bpms, but not for the sake of being just another trendy 170-190 hitech killa-artist.

OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2014 16:43
Well as someone who enjoy all forms of electronica there's actually very little that's trendy about high BPM psy trance outside of the small scene. I'm not being rude, just honest. I also understand what you mean, and that's why I enjoy the Osom sound so much. They some how make high BPM that breathes and has space in it compared to most of that style. Each to their own though.           Cuntus Maximus.
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2014 16:44
I'm still waiting this year for a Killah tech trance release. If love for the Extrawelt lads to do another midi Miliz or Spiralianz release.           Cuntus Maximus.
ThiagoNAKA
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jul 17, 2014 21:15
I can say that there´s no new sounds, but I´m surprised with Micky Noise.

"Helical Spring" reminds something like Wizzy Noise vs Sub6 vs Deedrah. Driving and boucing.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/Downloads/pgr/pgr1dw048.html           LOADING...
Balcannibal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 18, 2014 18:25
Quote:

On 2014-07-17 16:43, OzMike wrote:
Well as someone who enjoy all forms of electronica there's actually very little that's trendy about high BPM psy trance outside of the small scene. I'm not being rude, just honest. I also understand what you mean, and that's why I enjoy the Osom sound so much. They some how make high BPM that breathes and has space in it compared to most of that style. Each to their own though.

It's good to be honest & to have your opinion. I respect that
For me, Osom Music (label, but also the project between Psykovsky & KDD) is another dimension music. I REALLY LOVE some of their releases. VA Peace for the wicked was/is a benchmark in cyberdelic trance imho. But, not all their releases are my cup of tea, including Select project's Rimana & Crazy Astronaut's Renegade.. It's simple as that.
As for the "trendy" thing, I feel like there's nothing new & original in hitech cyberdelica genre in last 3-4 years.. I remember and still listening all those compilations/albums from labels such Osom, Tantrumm, Insomnia, older Noise Noison stuff, Free Radical, Mass Abduction, Quantum Frog.. There you'll find lotta crazy leads, breaks, high pressure momentums, but also psychoactive parts, as you said, that breathes and has space in it. And now, maybe 80 percent of today's cyberdelic labels prefer fast-forward BANG!! No diversity and imaginative touches imho. As all tracks are being selected by "crazyness" to fit into that 170-190 BPM slot.

On the other hand, there's a new Tantrumm compilation on the horizon called Realization. Waiting mode here..           Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead...
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 19, 2014 09:05
If you like it old school then DAT Records just announced via facebook that they're putting out a 2xCD version of Doof - "Let's Turn On". CD 1 is full of alternate mixes & CD 2 is a remastered version of the first album.

I can't wait, Doof IMO made some amazing acid laced Goa & Psy back then!!           Cuntus Maximus.
acidohm

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 20, 2014 23:01
Good shout Ozmike....listening to the Blue corp stuff...it's lovely to hear old tracks with such quality production behind them, really brings them up to speed with what we've become accustomed too           Global Cooling is the new panic for the masses
acidohm

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 20, 2014 23:24
Not full-on tracks, i don't really do anything above 140 bpm (!?) However, i reckon out of all the tracks i acquired so far this year....these are the ones i'll still be listening to next year so must have the merit of at least being interesting.....

Psyco Abstract - Soul of Mystery - 2014
Elegy - Psycedelic Exploration (Plasma Corp rmx) - -2014
Blanka - Dido Plays Guitar - 2014
Free Standing Pickles - The Dreamfield (Ryanosaurous rmx) -2014
Atmos - Mint Beyond Surrender - 2014

.....well to me anyway
          Global Cooling is the new panic for the masses
Balcannibal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 21, 2014 15:32

Hypnagog - Thematic Mathematics / Kinematic rec.

It's Felix Greenless/Terrafractyl's prog venture.. It's still playful sunfriendly mind altering acidic music, only with lower bpms.. Nice stuff!

cHeeRz

Anyer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Jul 23, 2014 03:28
also Edward Cybered new album is on horns and hoofs ))) cool stuff from a psytechno veteran!

DJ of Sourcecode
www.sourcecode.nu
A&R from Horns and Hoofs Entertainment
www.Hornsandhoofs.com
https://soundcloud.com/anyer_quantum
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - What's good in 2014?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance