Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Waterjuice- Hydrophonics (Vaporvent, Sep. 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Waterjuice- Hydrophonics (Vaporvent, Sep. 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Nov 12, 2001 23:19:57
[b][u]Waterjuice- Hydrophonics (Vaporvent, Sep. 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Pandoras's Box 7:26
2. Purge 8:43
3. Highly Experimental 9:26
4. Captain Nemo's Secret Chamber 5:40
5. Vog 6:35
6. Glymph 6:33
7. Didjerigoo 7:31
8. Inversion Layer 7:46
9. Radio Free Vaporvent 5:44
10. 7:23

A real delicious surprise from San Francisco- a totally twisted refreshing freestyling psychedelia with a lot of feel and chill, showing that The US can do more than bomb. Since this CD arrived in my mailbox it has been working overtime. Waterjuice deliver a totally diverse and non-formulated journey through sounds and rhythms, and it's all very visual and very innovative. You have touches of everything here, and no doubt that a touch of genius as well.
It start with Parndoras's Box- tablas hard at work in a tribal twisted psychedelic and hypnotic piece of music. Then it's distortions and rougher times- purge yourself! Highly Experimental (T3) might not be that experimental, but it brings more tribal feel, and alien sunrise trancey sounds. Captain Nemo's Secret Chamber (T4) is one of my favorites here- just close your eyes and you see captain Nemo entering his secret chamber, closing the thick door with that submarine's wheel handle, hitting his secret stash sitting back and watching the weird sea life 20,000 feet underwater through the little round window. Brilliant- one of the most visual track I heard. Vog (T5) has real chilled morning sounds, exactly what I'd love to hear on my way out of a nature party back to my car. Glymph (T6) is funky tribal stuff with a bit of a spooky alien feel. And Didjerigoo (T7) is my favorite here so far- dramatic, bouncing between dark and light, full of twists, totally hypnotic and definitely sticky- beware!!! A real musical treat. Inversion Layer (T8 ) is an oriental funky track with a sampled Muslim prayer praising the strength of god. My least favorite here, but still nice. Radio Free Vaporvent is as weird as it can get- some dialog in Asian language, beautiful twisted melodic line that grabs you completely, great drive, and a lot of surprises- a real complex piece of art. I just wish it was longer. And it doesn't end here- you get a hidden bonus in the end, getting dubby, but in a real twisted way, with a lot of flying sounds all around- cute.

[b]Bottom Line:[/b] Waterjuice- real liquid music, this stuff flows through your mind. Surprise CD of 2001. Do yourself a real favor and get it! And also a high score of that great cover from Naomi@vaporvent!
[b]Favorites:[/b] 1-3, 4(!), 5, 7(!), 9(!).

More on Waterjuice & Vaporvent here: http://www.vaporvent.com

___vor
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 22, 2001 18:54:15
Is there any online shop where I can get it?
___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Nov 22, 2001 22:40:18
http://www.spectralpsy.com/sp/Shopping/Catalog/product_detail.asp?ItemNumber=VV001&Cat=cds&OB=ArtistName&Group=New
___bagakid
Old Forum Member
Posted : Dec 8, 2001 09:09:08
I'm going to buy this CD tomorrow for sure:)
___NaFTa
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 11, 2002 19:47:38
really sexy music ;)
i remember an old thread made by someone on the forum named cindy, regarding sexy trance. this cd is really groovy, maybe not so much "trancey" but definatly innovative electronica.

bye, Alon.
___iamtherealganjalien
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 18, 2002 16:56:38
WHAT A GREAT CD THIS IS..
kind of in the violet vision style..
more talented though..
more tribal
more effects
more psychedelic stuff..
better than shpongle
better than violet vision
I LOVE THIS CD
___Mind-Attack
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jan 21, 2002 22:33:49
well just got the cd and its really good one!:):D
its remind me a bit some of 'Global Underground' Stuff...

but sieni i cant aggre with you that they are better then violet vision and shpongle...

i really like shpongle old cd and the violet vision cd better...but thats just me:)
___iamtherealganjalien
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 22, 2002 17:51:13
DIDJERIGOO.. what a track!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Waterjuice- Hydrophonics (Vaporvent, Sep. 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance