Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Vision Quest The Gethering 2004 ?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vision Quest The Gethering 2004 ?

Twisted Juggler
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Sep 20, 2004 19:10
There is Any ?
dance&smile
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 07:14
yeah yeah, pix!! amazing turn-out, 10000? (anyone know the exact numbers?) great great, respect for vision quest for pulling off the biggest festival in japan this year.. amazing sound system, and sets&lives to go with, highlights bein (for me) infected mushroom, skazi, hilight tribe, jorg.. too bad dynamo couldn't make it..
and well on the sorta sorry side of things, i saw one fight and at least 2 tons of garbage.. (vision quest apparently need till friday to clean it all up!!! and the party ended monday) and 3 car accidents (by people from the party) on the way home.. phew.
and off course as usual, didn't take any pics!! anyone??

bom
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Sep 22, 2004 11:44
Sorry to disagree with you Dance&Smile, but Vision Quest may be the biggest festival in Japan now, because of their commercial line-up. But don't send our friends abroad the wrong message that Vision Quest is the best to all of us here. Me, and a lot of people here in Japan, don't see Vision Quest as good festival. It attracts only people who are sort of insensible to the subtleness of trance music, addicted to full-on.

The best festival till now might have been Mindgames, who didn't attract 10,000 Shibuyans. But had the best line-up to be seen this year.

Peace and Love.
cosmomochan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 23, 2004 09:13
sorry to disagree with u again goa-ganges
but i also live in japan and vision-quest throw great parties too bad your musical taste is different but still a lot of people in japan love fullon and happy music.
p.s the mindgames festival is not,for sure,the best festival here...
the music there sucks...
anyway i guess its a matter of taste
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 24, 2004 13:14
Yeah, clueless.

Peace and Love
flower
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  57
Posted : Sep 25, 2004 10:11
i heard that in Gathering 2002 were 10000 ppl
this year 7000 - and was big karahana!!!

and how about pictures ppl???
kowens
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Sep 26, 2004 15:52
Well people I usually dont like to make a negative review but this topic needs clarity..Goa-ganges is RIGHT when he says that VQ is not the best party..I have went to every gathering since it has started, and the first ones is KODOMO NO MORI with x-dream/delta first time live werer truly magical..BUt the VQ staff has changed direction, they only want money and to exploit young shibuyans and japanese clueless teens who want to get fucked up and lose their minds. THe vibes at these parties absolutely positively is not Shanti at all. Cosmomo, it is hard to judge the best party, but Russ and teh mindgames staff is truly dedicated to throwing a pschedelic positive party, even though the music there is not my particular taste..well nevertheless, I had a good time since I got a free hotel room and guestpass from teh Israelians, but if VQ wants my respec they will have to go back to their original roots. come on mimon, taniya,Michell is this all you can give us??
dance&smile
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Sep 27, 2004 03:09
hey, didn't wanna start a 'who throws the BEST parties in Japan' debate, (cuz thats all about taste), but goa-ganges, i never said i thought vision was the best, i said biggest. and if u read my thread, u can obviously tell that i saw a lot of negative things..
anyways, there are tons of parties with 'deeper' psy sound (disco valley party in okutama, dat mafia suomi trance parties etc) in the tokyo area, and also a lot of parties that have a lot more 'shanti' vibe (trance cafe, manas etc)..
i mean thikning about VISION+the trance scene right now in japan, and you sorta can figure out what to expect, and you get it.(+it turns out to be all not as bad as you thought it would be. cuz i thought it would be 50% shibuyans, kogal, and yakuza.. it was more like 15%)
plain and simple. bom. respect to them for pulling it off.

i think VISION QUEST is where trance-listeners of japan come to enjoy a 'japanese style matsuri'.. all kinds of people. it's a 'everyone is welcome party.'
i mean i personally felt a very strong 'furyo (delinquents) doing their thing' vibe which i thought was terrible, but which also made me think about japanese society and how psy parties are portrayed...

on a personal note, i thought the sound was magnificent (how it could be heard from waaaay up the slope, and the speakers in the back!!(yum yum) you could go right in front of them and stand there and listen in perfect peace.. no pain in the ears at all, just a vibration and clear clear sound) and the musik being niice = i had a good time.

so ya, how about pics people???
kowens
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Sep 27, 2004 03:59
dance and smile, I do agree with you that the sound was indeed quite good, better than many other parties. too bad about the accidents from the party, lets hope it doesnt give the scene too bad a name..By the way did you see thoose people banging their heads on the ground on the last day, funny shit looked liked they ate some good shit or maybe bad, hahah!!!
flower
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  57
Posted : Sep 27, 2004 21:18
but what about pictures?????
Dj Edell
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 00:57
good question Adi           edell
Dj / PR / Booking
======================
www.magmarecords.it
www.party-people.me
TrancEisT
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  127
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 11:03
the video is quite interesting.

does anyone know the track list?

-edit-

VISION QUEST SHOW CART
Compilation:
Gathering 2003 (DVD)
31.52 US$

1. Mushroom therapy
SHULMAN

2. Tokyo story
ABA STRUCTURE

3. Small like humos spirit
SKAZI

4. Machines
VOID

5. Perpetual night party
DINO PSARAS

6. Riddum
DINO PSARAS

7. Smells like victory
JUVENILE

8. Voyager
BAMBOO FOREST

9. Cliche
BAMBOO FOREST

10. Puzzle
PSYSEX

11. Unlike anything we know
ZORBA

12. Oranda
ASTRIX

13. Spaniard
INFECTED MUSHROOM

found it

never mind

-2003- though
Optrix

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 17:57
I took a few pictures of the crew and setup on friday and saturday...
Was my first time with Vision Quest... Just gatecrashed the party, they totally looked after me. Max Respect to everyone for that.
Im still in Japan, looking for more psy madness...
in terms of the pictures, someone email a site to upload em too, or better still someone i can email them too, who will share em with everyone...
PSYing ON Kiwi style!
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 2, 2004 14:24
Dance/Smile, I didn't want to start any debate also. My point, and that's very important, is that a lot of people outside Japan see the scene here as kinda trendsetter. Everybody think Japan as "so cool". So I don't want to say that VQ is a mess, quite the contrary. If they are huge today it's because they are good at what they do. But I want to stress again that VQ is not a good festival, if you see and feel trance as positive, energetic style of music. It is just a gathering of, mostly, japanese teens who you know, may be the craziest ones in the world (my neighboor which was a handsome girl, now has become a 'yamamba', LOL, you know? those girls with clownish make-up... and she went to VQ, with her LV bags and all).

I will give the ones who say that I am being resentful a point, because they are right. Perhaps because I've been to truly good festivals I want them all to be 'shanti' and not only a 'gathering' , anyway I wish VQ success, and I hope that they change direction again...not so much money, but more attitude.

Peace and Love
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Vision Quest The Gethering 2004 ?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance