Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ARROGANT PRICKS

shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 09:00
sorry for the rude title to this post but i'm just a little pissed off

i went to a vortex outdoor party this weekend in cape town to see GMS play live...

ha ha ha

what was that you said, they are also booked to play live in london on the same night? hmmm....

so as it turns out bansi pitches up and does 4hr dj set of tunes i already know, and the organisers say NO LIVE ACT cos everybody feels cheated if only one guy plays when two are booked (and then they also dont have to pay for an expensive DAT session - live? whatever - hehe)

thank god MAX from etnica was there to save the rest of the party... true psychedleic music with integrity, the odd bad mix aside..

anhow,,, i just wanted to say that i think GMS are ARROGANT PRICKS if they think they can double book themselves and then just send one of them to each party to do the live act and get money for both performances,,, greedy bastards!!!

this is the SECCOND time in a year they have NOT PITCHED fot their gig effectiveley - last time they just missed their flight alltogether,,, people here are extremeley pissed off

bansi didnt even have anything to say about it either, just looked like he couldn't care less,,

look, i dont know them, or their resons, but from my own personal experiences, they appear extemeley unprofessional for the artists they think they are or should be... but i think they are awefully full of themselves for a pair of drugged up techno producers... what planet are they on?

[ This Message was edited by: shift on 2002-11-05 09:05 ]
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 09:54
Have u thought that maybe it’s not GMS fault, but the organizers?
Maybe the organizers decided to attract more people by saying GMS will give a live. They knew exactly who will come and who will not since it’s the organizers who also book the artists plane tickets.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Borris
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 12:57
Double booking only? I heard about GMS tipple and Quadriple booking themselves, did u know that there are over 12 GMS members on this planet at any given time (not including Mr. Yakov Biton who was a big part on their first album)

and they are not the only ones. i have myself as a DJ Booker encountered Double bookings from X-Dream that were priced like a regular gig. "Hi yes X-Dream can play" after two weeks it's "Marcus can't come he is in canada in the same date but I will come, and it's the same for you. you can write X-Dream on the flyer".

on the other hand in our society when artists have to make a living from giging i can perfectly understand that.           Kinetic Honda GmbH, Worldwide Supliers of Quality noise.
Progression Sessions of the 3rd Empire!
ghost

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 14:03
they were booked for a live set and 2 dj sets specifically to be performed by Bansi & Riktam. Vortex is the biggest trance party organisers in SA and will not false advertise acts. This is the second time Riktam did not show up. I can understand they make a better living out of gigs more than cd sales, but they shouldn't make empty promises. Surely they are greedy and unprofessional. i love their music but i will not buy it no more.
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 14:21
Quote:

On 2002-11-05 12:57, Dr. Borris wrote:
did u know that there are over 12 GMS members on this planet at any given time

i heard more, since the big trance boom in america is now keeping the rest of them busy           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 14:36
They also "missed the plane" and didn't make it to here Helsinki..
but the organizer was so cool that he got Simon H from twisted records in a few hour warning time =)

[ This Message was edited by: traveller on 2002-11-05 14:38 ]          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
go@lex
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 15:32
I think the solution is : don't booking G.M.S !they'll panic and going to think that they are not the only good trance live act in the world!
after that they will don't miss the plane...
(sorry for my english)
a french who don't like the stars, only the musicians...
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 16:36
a few months ago i was told that Psysex are going to play with Xdream in Switzerland.
How excited i was,only to see marcus performing alone eventually.

Bottom line,the orginisers know exactly who is coming because they are the one booking the flight tickets -
it is theyre responsibility to let the people know who is coming and if the live act is with all full members.
Now if they are honest they will do that,but most of them,at risk of losing peple @ the party,just write the live act name without revealing the truth.
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 17:25
hehehehehe this is funny u know why becuse in cape town u saw one of them (Gms) here in israel

the last party from bam-ba produ they say:

X-dream live (only marcus was)
The Delta (again only marcus)
hux flux (dennis was givven a dj set)
Gms (this guys was out from this party and the orginisers was saying that gms going to do a live act but fuckk they dont come.)

150 nis for a lier orginisers this sucks and its no the money point its to bad when u waant something u pay for this and u no see this
to bad bamba!!!!! :-(           Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 17:28
I've seen some flyers in Israel revealing the truth, and not losing people because of that.

Is is that hard to say for example Marcus (X-Dream) or Banzi (GMS) ?
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 18:36
Many times organisers make false advertisments to attract more people.This shit happens a lot in Greece.

But in many many cases artists are shitty also and they miss planes,they cancel in the last moment,One of them just comes.

Welcome to the music industry guys           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Nov 5, 2002 23:13
well I'd like out of the industry and back to the underground...
shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Nov 6, 2002 10:54
thanx guys - i feel better
nubble

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Nov 6, 2002 13:32
Before I opened this post I know it was about GMS!!

I see you guys sticking up for GMS and blaming our organisers for false advertising!!
Well let me say this : Grant [ Vortex Organiser ] booked both Rictam and Bansi 12 months ago, both tickets were paid 3 months ago!! Bansi arrived here on Friday without Rictam saying that Rictam had girlfriend problems, but he would pitch. Rictam were given till 5pm Saturday to pitch! And of course no pitch!!! UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Bansi wanted to play the live set alone but Grant said no and rightfully so. If he had intended to advertise falsely he wouldve let Bansi play and claim to have had GMS live. But Grant was so pissed off that he told Bansi to play a 4 hr dj set only!!

3rd time now Rictam doesnt how for booked gigs here in South Africa!!!

Im sorry thats a lack of respect for followers of GMS [like I was ] but no more do I buy GMS or attend their gigs!!

2=1
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Nov 6, 2002 13:38
we wetre pretty let down by them @ Boom festival2002:( . . . What do they want to achieve with this? . . .

Untill next time, Clarity above all!           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - ARROGANT PRICKS

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance