First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The death of Flying Rhyno

Luiz Paulo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 03:55
I was going to post this on the "Copying.." thread, but I felt such a great label deserved a noteworthy post-mortem hommage.

So Flying Rhyno is officially dead.
Reports accounting for its bankruptcy surfaced a couple of months ago, but now it's confirmed. Apparently different distributors owe them a lot of money, and are not going to pay (MDMA among them).

May it rest in peace, and may people like James Monroe find a way to bring their music to the world. 'Cause they sure know how to do it...

The White Rhyno, Black Rhyno, etc., the "Flight" series, many good albums and 12"s....that's it for them. Always avant-garde, never boring.

and on a somewhat angry note: all of you mp3 traders who helped this happen, go and party away. You just made another victim.           the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 04:40
I am starting to worry about labels....           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 05:36
as sad as it is (VERY!), labels will always come and go, u should start worring about the future of trance.

and i realy hope that James Monroe will find his new way to do the thing that he do so well, unless he already gave up on us.

btw: the mp3 mafia is not the ONLY reason for a thing like that...

boom 2 all flying rhino crew and a huge THANK YOU!

P L U R           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
KosMos
Drone

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 05:41
well the flying rhino t-shirt i bought back in the 90's will sure seem different to me now...

so who's next..??

shame..           in search for an answer...
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 09:05
I think they killed themselves. They went after another audience, one that doesn't know about all the kick ass CD's that they made in the past. Very sad indeed.           Both teams played hard
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 12:17
Quote:

On 2002-08-31 09:05, Apocalypse Now wrote:
I think they killed themselves. They went after another audience, one that doesn't know about all the kick ass CD's that they made in the past. Very sad indeed.

As much as it is sad i'd agree with with Apocalypse witht his one.
They started to release stuff which are more clubby than psy, and i didn't enjoy anyhing that i heard from them last 2 years.
All the latest "Flight" Series compilations in the last 2 years were just one big snooze.
A good example of a labels who "stole" "FR's" crowd these year were "TIP" and "Twisted" who were smart enough to release diverse and interesting music, which also i presume gave them nice gross in the sales.
Their last diverse and interesting release was Atmos' - Headcleaner.
Just my 2 cents.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 12:33
this is a shame...

some of my favourite albums and tracks are on this (ex) label eg unconcious collective flourostani transcendence and first flight..
lately however i had not been digging their releases so much but that just a personal thing.. i don't feel its fair to say they went after a different crowd as opposed to their style of music just evolved.

i feel especially sorry for the artists who have just releasd albums on the label (eg charasmatix) ...

the parlous state of uk labels alarms me a lot

btw headcleaner was on spiral trax ninja           >>love will tear us apart...<<
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 12:42
well yes i have to also aggree that FR latest releases werent at the highest standarts possible as they used to be some years ago.
Their latest parts of the Flights series were somewhat dissapointed at least.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 13:19
Oops, my mistake.
His second album was released in FR.
And it wasn't as good as the first           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
cyberdelia
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 13:54
Sad Sad...           BE HAPPY!!!
Juppiter is the protector of our solar system!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 14:07
may be their releases last year just wasnt interestig enough ??
btw - tip is a bad example for succesfull label coze it was shuted down becoze money problemms twice..

Thanx To Rhino In The Sky.....
Thanx for long years of innovators music.. hope u will find your honour to make something new again..           Believe your soul !
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 14:14
Sad sad sad, I wonder who's next..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
sourcepan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 14:19
yes well ,R.I.P. and all that
looking ahead now, has the bamboo forest album been picked up by another label
monno
Grapes Of Wrath

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 14:21
well if they´ve gone bankrupt because the distributors are not paying up what they owe. you can hardly blame the label no matter what.
as i can remember tip went down because of distributors aswell (flying uk i think)when flying went down a lot of labels were fucked up. in my opinion it´s the distributors who fucks up.
money grubbing bastards.
anyway thankx to flying rhino for the early releases. rip
poison_inside
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Aug 31, 2002 14:34
memory could not be bancrupt
will remember them ... but i suppose that they will reorgansie in something more powerfull....
... BTW
if it becomes bankrupt... law will make distributers to pay.. aaaand if they don`t have enough money they will have to sell everything.. and become bonkrupts too.. .. so i think we will enter the second times of UNRELEASED stuff as it was in 99 (if i am not mistaken) when labels were very carefull in releases ... and most of stuff came in public earlier then release got out
          digitally yours,
p : o : i : z : a
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - The death of Flying Rhyno

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance