2. Perfect cell
3. Nirvana rmx
4. Detune
5. Generator
6. G-Strings
7. Plug-n-play
8. Wanted
9. Try 2 Bass rmx

So what have we here, plonking onto my mat one fine summer morning? It appears to be the third Ketuh records release. Mmm, wonder whats inside Previously I had only come across Audialize as a collaboration with Mind Manipulation on Boom recs and via a couple of promo tracks I received earlier in the year. These tracks had been very promising, hence I was looking forward to giving this one a spin. Happily there can be no doubt about whether this album lives up to that promise... because it easily does. This is really storming stuff, proper psychedelic stuff that doesn't relent for a moment. With crazy whirling melodies and powerful (very!) drumming, once this picks you up.. it ain't going to put you down! I am particularly sold on track two which I recon is one of the best heavy psy tunes I have heard all year, I just love the heavy rock drumming and the frankly insane breakdown.. completely destroyed one dancefloor I tried it on. Thankfully the whole album has a similar feel, when I was listening to it for the first time I was reminded of when I initially heard the first Pleidians album.. that's not to say it sounds like that particularly (although having said that it does have some nice old style sounding riffs and samples in), just that it makes some impact! I particularly like the fact that the basslines etc are not just the usual ones.. though they make no claims to originality it is true (this is psy trance after all not free jazz ), the artist has clearly not just spent six months trying to sound like astrix, which makes a nice change if you ask me. Highly recommended! (favourites: 2!!!!!!)
          >>love will tear us apart...<<
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Aug 29, 2003 14:06
. . Thnks tommy for the grat review
saw you last review on Shangri lala also great!!!!!!!
all the best!

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 29, 2003 21:12
Nice Album....Heard Audialize play in Delhi...and he played most of this stuff too...
For me though..you need high quality sound+speakers to hear his music....even average apeakers dont seem to do any justice to it..

Fav track: Perfect Cell

@P_Mac this mebbe a lil offtopic..but why do you mention only the Portugese artists nationality in your Signature..wht abt the others??
          ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 30, 2003 22:28
hi bholenath,
thanks for the comments man! but regarding my signature . . .The portuguese are the lesser known artists, therefore, needing a bit more intro
Azax Syndrome is from israel and has a release on http://www.inpsydemedia.com
Kluster is sweedish and has inumerous releases and an album released on http://www.digitalpsionics.com
Dark nebula is australian and needs no intro and also with inumerous releases
Transdriver is russian with a few previous releases and an album comming to be released on Ketuh records in 2004

i hope this helps

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 31, 2003 10:54
Hehe..i knew the other nationalities of the Artists bro..and in this part of the world..believe me..they are pretty well known... Audialize,Shrink,Suria and Duniya have all played here within the last few months...And all i can say is that all those parties were definitely worth going to....first heard abt n3xu5 almost 2 yrs back...semms like a very promosing artist...Keep up the good work .. and Best of luck for future releases..

Cheers...
Bhole....           ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 5, 2003 22:41
Audialize (Joao Apell) , 22 years old, is a young portuguese artist delivering its first album Wanted released on Ketuh rec.

His music is energic, adrenalistic, testosteronic full on with melodic electric riffs. The tracks are fast, stomper & psychodelic.

Several tracks will really turn your neurons into poultry’s fricassee as Detune,Generator, Wanted, Plug n’ Play or also Try 2 Bass remix.

Elsewhere, in Interface, around 5:00 the melody sounds to me like a fast accelerated & psychedelic version of Benny Hill tv show ending music theme.

Just one regret about the collaboration with Mind Manipulation on G-Strings as it's sounding like CPU, Earthling or GMS stuffs & resulting lame between the other typical production from Audialize from which it doesn’t fit at all.

Warning to sensitive ears, Audialize with this album could really definitively burn your eardrums.

Mark :7,5/10
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 6, 2003 17:55
Another album from Ketuh Records which does not dissapoint.

Audialize produces clean, pumping psychedelic music, with good breakdowns, lots of fx happening in the background and excellent basslines.

Favourite track: Interface
Worst track: G-Strings

I agree with bholenath... this is an album to be enjoyed with good speakers or headphones.

Nice cover, few typos here and there.

Bottom line: good album, surprised me, this is the best portuguese album to date. A must - ****/* (4.5) stars!
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2003 17:38
to Chi,
good eye man
Next time better for sure
Thanks for the input!           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

Boogieman
Boogieman

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 15, 2003 23:27
Ketuh records guarantee the quality on the full on scene with this must-have from Audialize.

A day or night stomper with clear productions, bright sounds, heavy and groovy percussions, powerfull rythims, all to make your body and soul dance.
"Interface" starts with that classical touch, saw bassline, power saw synths, and all that typical full on fx and noises.
"Perfect cell" comes with cool movie sample and then... power rythim with filter modulation, heavy kick and fat cymbals, personally missing that sine/saw bassline, at 4:20 crazy stop, very original, nice drum breaks with toms and then lot of melody to move your feet and brain.
"Nirvana rmx" more psychedelic, a lot of fx and samples, a rolling melody to move your feet then at 5:00 comes the stop to put your hands in the air, this track just don´t make you stop dancing.
"Detune" one of my favourites, very groovy with that tip style, then comes a dark pad and a uplifting rythim that envolves you until the big explosion with rolling synths, noisy fx and a full on composition.
"Generator" brings us the funkyness, one more time drum breaks, all that res filters and fxs, once again the x-man movie sample but this time very very funky, for the end a pad to bring you down.
"G-strings"starts with a uplifting melody, very atmospheric to and acid, the sounds rolls to you, the tweakings with cutoff and delay lama gives the components to travel around.
"Plug n´play" it´s really a litheral name, non stop for this one, classical synth lines and melodys, the dark pad carry you for the outer space, classical full on composition with original breaks.
"Wanted" a 3 by 4 tempo track with full on composition, a more psychedelic track with noises and tweaking cutoff atmosphere to make you brain dance, this coulb be the last one cauise of it downtempo groove but no we have another full on stomper.
"Try 2 bass rmx" gives you all psychedelism needed with res filters tweaking, powerful rythim, rolling synths, groovy percussion and melody pads to bring all that full on energy and inside feelings.

Album´s masterization is plenty good, nicely heard at home or in a party sound system.
Personnally i think that the recorded level could be a bit louder, the tracks could be all at the same eq´s and levels (instrumental levels fundamental), the kick and bass could have, separally from the rest, more compression to give more fat groove.

With this release Audialize assumes has one of the best portuguese producer and Ketuh records has the best full on label

All the best for all
          http://www.myspace.com/boogieman
http://www.quest4goa.com
http://www.fungi-records.org
Alek

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 16, 2003 10:15
Excellent album for the dancefloor... but not so good for home listening.           How am I supposed to hallucinate with all these swirling colors distracting me!
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Sep 16, 2003 17:33
This is a very nice release coming out of Portugal...

Very psychedelic, multi-layered, freaky super trance!

me likes!

A
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

me likes!

A
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

me likes!

A
tv@oxygen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Sep 16, 2003 17:50
So finnaly i got my hands on it:-)

And i am really happy to have it in such a nice package:-))
The cover and the cd is really beatifull.

So lets hear what is on the small silver circle.

After few listenings i have to say that Joao (Audialize man) have to be a real
portuguese hero-couse his music is what the portuguese full on crowd loves.
That means-the music is pumpin,drivin,meltin all the time...i see those smilin freaks
jumpin around the speakers as a crazy. And i would say that his music will soon rock around the globe.
Its really hard to describe track after track on this album. Most of the tracks are dancefloor burners.
Journey starts with Interface. And it shows what we can expect.Strong music, with ideas.
Deep rolling basses,a lot of synth lines..at the end all mixed together=psychedelic.
Track 2-Perfect Cell-is pure digital acidic melodic psychedelia.
Track 3-Nirvana rmx-god i love the melody, few patterns together,very melodic,very psychedelic,track with sense!
The 4th is-Detune-very dark,scary,heavy tune..the new dark neo fullon at its best.
Generator (5),G-Strings (6) both very danceable,floor shaking,full on melodic killers.
Plug-n-play (7)from the others this is not so heavy...more "relaxed" track.This one reminds most the usual full on stuff.
Wanted (8)...more funky then dance track,...very trippy melody.Its has the kind of reverted bassline...that all the track sounds very groovy.
And the final track..Try 2 Bass rmx..i dont have a words..powerfull,fast,mindbreaking,very melodic...and damn those acid lines still sounds great.I love it.

sume it up:great music,clever,fresh,smashing,psychodelic..
Highlights: i like most the Nirvana rmx(3), then Try2bass(9)-jewels
Downlights: Plug-n-play doesnt make it to me..

cheers to all bombeiros around the world:-)           ..my hovercraft is full of eels...

***Oxygenrecords.com***

*current releases*
2st digital release out soon - Protonica and Suntree
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Sep 16, 2003 19:40
only heard the samples but it doesn't sound really too good for home listening..          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Audialize >> Wanted

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance