1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

news thailand

bouchon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 01:03
hello friends I go in thailand on december and I'm looking for infos for a big party. I don't want to do the fuul moon. have I the choice ? can someone give me an adress of web site or a date ? thanks a lot and boom
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 01:24
well they throw parties in koh phangan every full moon, half moon and black moon..

full moon parties are the biggest i guess..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 01:38
but they arent that great..... most places play britney spears to darude to nsync or whatever it is kids listen to now adays... eminem is hardly appropriate at a full moon but nevertheless i had the misfortune of experiencing it. there is one place that is kinda fun called Vinyl, on the full moon date, they put out the speakers outside on the beach and blast them way over the recommended eq levels to produce low quality 148 bpm (at least) psy trance... i dont really know why they consider thailand's full moon parties so good, they arent in my opinion. i dont remember the name of the place on the hill there, but its right by chicken corner and you go up, there is great music played there, good dj's and good sound... when i was there some usta people played nice sets, also there is yet another small place on the beach other then vinyl where israelis throw parties..... but man, save your energy it isnt all its cracked up to be.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Lucas Aly
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 06:02
the world may fall down, earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanos, but there's always party in koh phagan
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Aug 20, 2003 15:03
well i didn't hear any pop shit when i was @ koh phangan..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Aug 20, 2003 15:06
http://www.kohphangan.com/images/photo/fullmoon1.jpg

really doesn't look that bad if you ask me..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Olli
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 00:44
Well the fullmoon has lost something... most clubs play MTV stuff, but 2 clubs play trance and one playes D&B all night. Around 2 A.M. u start seeing drank (European mostly) people sleeping on the beach next 2 their last drink. Only in the morning the trance vibe is felt on the beach when all the people (not the drank one,they r a sleep, rememeber...) come out of the clubs and into the shore where only trance music is playing.
          The Only True Freedom is Freedom From the Heart Desire
technoid

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 03:24
When I was in Thailand 2 years ago Full moon was a pretty horrible experience. Loads and loads of pissed-up Europeans (sad to say mostly British , how come I can drink beer and not act like an asshole?)making me ashamed to be a Brit. The way people treat the island of Koh Phangan at full moon is enough to make you weep. At one of them me and some friends were trying to clear up the beach a bit in the morning and you could fill more than one bin bag with rubbish without moving your feet. Somebody let off a firework at one of my friends while we were doing this and when he shouted at them for it they tried to start a fight with him!!!!!

Sadly many of the people who go to the full moon parties just go so they can say to their friends 'I've been to a full moon party'. I don't want to sound like a yoghurt weaver but they have no respect for where they are and if you care about parties and the way people treat the planet you'll hate it. It's a sorry state of affairs when the ocean is full of rubbish for days afterwards

(Getting off topic a bit, sorry, just trying to give you an idea of what to expect)

In the morning at full moon though Backyard Club is a good place to go.
It's on top of a cliff, and the people who end up there are proper party people and the music is really nice as well (well, it was when I was there), kind of techy-progressive.

There's Zoom which plays trance all the time, Harmony (usually trance, sometimes different), Vinyl (again usually trance) although both lost their licenses while I was there, have heard they've got them back though, and Orchid which plays Drum n' Bass, and when it's full up is 'avin it, but then again I really like D 'n B. (off topic)

I don't know if it still happens 'cos the police were getting well on top when I was there but there used to be lots of smaller trance parties going on all the time away from Had Rin, and they were the most fun to be had on the island.

Koh Phangan is a pretty cool place, and you'll have loads of fun there, but full moon really isn't that cool in my opinion.

The picture at the site above looks a few years old as well!
          "One nation under a groove".
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 11:41
When the Full Moon parties started they were supposedly pretty good - but i was there 9 yrs ago & it was already quite commercial (though can remember Age of Love being played as the sun came up... which was nice!). Now its just another stop on the backpacker trail to Oz.

There are good palces on Ko Pha Ghan - as someone has already mentioned - Harmony is good and in an old style Thai house - psy nights are mon & fri and Jau & Steve who run it are really friendly. There were a lot of outdoor parties last year up by the Waterfalls - but note sure if the Police have clamped down on these.

Overall I found Had Riin a great place for a few days - but wouldnt treat it as anything but a holiday resort.
kilokif
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 14:23
full moon in koh phan ghan are horrible ...i went once and i will never go back again ...no good music ...nothing like you would expect
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 15:42
thnx for the comments guys, i thought i went to the wrong island for a minute....           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
ChoBo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jan 14, 2004 07:34
The music isnt that good in Thai, its mostly techno and hard house and all. I hope i havent offended any thais here :| Maybe i didnt go to the right place for partying..
medir
Inactive User

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jan 14, 2004 10:22
...keewl...my parents just bought a house in thailand ( don t know where yet...lol...) so i m sooon gona visit them...keeewl...never was there...

bOOm           experiment !
make it your motto day and night.
experiment,
and it will lead you to the light.
the apple on the top of the tree
is never too high to achieve,
so take an example from eve...
experiment !
gkalpakas

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 21, 2004 20:47
but there are a couple of thai djs who spin psy trance rather well.... Joi and another young guy from phuket whose name i cannot recall..

A good party in koh phangan is happening every year at middle of march by a japanese posse in memory of one of their dear but sadly lost friend.
Usually there a few good parties happening there .. keep your ears open...
Harmony is a good place to hang out also backyard and outback bar.
For party info try the blue indigo restaurant (good food also) and a party clothes shop run by a friendly japanese girl called Ery. all situated in hat rin.
If you happen to be in a full moon party at hat rin save yourself some sleep and brain cells , sleep at your bangalow and dont come out until morning when all the monsters are passed out and only proper party people start to party.

Overall koh phangan is a very beautiful island until concrete and tourist development wins the island
Last year though the thai goverment was on a strict anti corruption campaign so many parties had problems.
If you are planning to travel to asia this winter prefer india
chemi-kali

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 29, 2006 07:49
very old post i know didnt want to start one all over...basically am heading to phuket on the 20th dont want to catch any parties just wanna catch some psy!!!!any help would be much appreciated...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - news thailand

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance