Posted : May 23, 2003 12:03
The Synergy Project
@ SE1, Weston St, London Bridge
10pm – 8am
Advance Tickets £13+bf or £15 on door
www.thesynergyproject.org

Altered States Psy-Trance Room – in association with Free Tibet Campaign
LIVE - Earthling (acidance – Ibiza) first UK appearance
LIVE - Fatali (alchemy records – Israel)
Shane Gobi (alchemy records)
Chameleon (ID spiral)
Astral Mike (astral phoenix/hommega)
Liquid Ross (liquid connective/altered states)
Wrong-Un (altered states)
Intelligent Lighting Powered by Photon Generator Solar Technology
Live Visuals by Inside-Us-All
Lighting and Décor by Liquid LSD, Sky Mermaid, Luna Lis and Altered States

Conscious Chill Out
Hosted by ID Spiral, Liquid Connective, Revelation Gogo Broadcasting,
Festival of Flight and Neo-Dogma-Non
LIVE – Ott (twisted/hallucinogen in dub) first ever LIVE performance
LIVE a/v - Liquid Djems (liquid connective rec)
Mix Master Morris(Ninja tunes)
Gandolfi and Luna Lis (Liquid Connective)
Conscious highlights include performances by the Fairtrade Foundation and
Anti-Apathy, the political empowerment vehicle sponsored by the New Economics Foundation
The renown AV artists Yeast - www.yeastdirections.org
will provide an hour long set, next to poets Paradox, Whatshername (RGB Wordsmith)
Dance Peace in collaboration with Solarquest
installations by Neo-Dogma-Non in association with partner organisations
such as War on Want, the Gaia Foundation, Tourism Concern, Recycle, Action
Aid, Rubba Luvva and Friends of Falun Gong

The Indigenous People / Sangita Sounds:
LIVE - Kakatsitsi (master Drummers from Ghana)
Ancestral Voices Ritual, a participatory dance led by Ashera Hart and members of Kakatsitsi
Projections of images sourced from Kakatsitsi?s home Stand-up political poet - Mr Social Control
Revelation Gogo
Wordsmith
Whatshername
Shamanic Rapster John Crow of Southwark

The Small World Stage:
LIVE - Seize the Day
LIVE - Jambience (france/uk)
LIVE - Los Albertos with their renowned
LIVE - Semble
Tao Warriors (poetic dance performance/491 Gallery) Paradox
DJ sets from Thomas and Pony (Small World Stage)
Live video projections from Illuminitis

Puma Punka healing area will bring together practitioners from the London alternative health scene. Techniques applied include Reiki, Shiatsu, Sekhem, Massage, Crystal healing and Crystal Nets and reach as far and adventurous as PIP Aura photography. A powerful and involving ritual will open the gates to the energy flow of the night in true ceremonial style commencing at midnight. Further into the experience of this deep and soothing journey the Puma will spread his wings to ascend to a Sufi master moonlight tai-chi performance, middle eastern dance meditation, workshops and info from the Planet Art Network and films from Indymedia and other conscious exerts. Deep healing soundscapes will be provided by Sangeve Rupal plus Sacred Songs (daime chants). Info Chill Area (Speak Network/Friends of the Western Buddhist order) will also be provided.

hope to see you there

x
Psylabito
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 25, 2003 17:42
what a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mannnn i wish i could be there with eitan! great line up! wish i could see Earthling and Fatali live must be i killllaaaa! have a good time at the party guys! i wish i could be there!           Can u Feel It?!?!?!
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jun 2, 2003 00:20
i had a really nice time in this party, i dont really have power to write a review now, but there were really nice crowd with good vibe.

i just have to mention that the security was really bad, people told me that last time it was even worse, and i dont know how can it be worse then this.

anyway.....nice party           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 3, 2003 01:48
hi!

wow now that was a fantastic evening i have to say... in the technical sense of the word.....!!!

better deal with the security issue right away.... I was under the impression that they were a lot calmer this time around - they were friendly on the way in.. and i remember mentioning to ross during the party in a lucid moment hehe that everthing seemed fine in that department. But then a friend of mine said they'd had their spliff trampled into the ground by the security... and then lots more ppl said the same... oops..... it's no good .... a party this lovely and chill should not be blotted by such aggressive attitudes... I hope something can be done...

OK anyway... after arriving I wandered around to check out all the rooms. I have to say I was blown away by the variety, and the imagination that had gone into the decor. I remember a large jellyfish-like object with luminous tentacles and one of those plasma globes for a body... and other much more left-field stuff...

Music was great... I especially enjoyed it when Mike came on (I'm not just saying that!!), Fatali's set went down very well, and Shane did his usual trick of giving people more energy than they thought possible:), .... though I was drifting around aimlessly by then. Earthling passed me by I am afraid.... some good tunes in his set but not my cup of chai.....
Chamelon was not so hot and after the music was turned off treated us to a very quiet encore on the monitors, and then an even quieter session on some other speakers.... hmmm reminds me of that old thread 'how not to end a party'...

A real highlight for me was OTTs set... I hadnt heard the album, (maybe Ill buy it tomorrow at the Twisted gathering?) so it was all new... I enjoyed it a lot... a lot of melodic ideas as in Hallucinogen in Dub with eastern influences etc... With these two releases and now a live act as well I think he's rocketed to the top of chillout (alongside vibrasphere though.... hoho...

the crowd was great ... lots of trippy hippies and lots of munted people in the main room..... something for everyone hehe! It was extremely hot in the main room (well it was blazing during the day outside) which made it difficult to stay in there too long at once... but I appreciated the chance to look around.

So there were some issues... but I really did enjoy this party A LOT... so much effort had gone in and there was a real (indoor) festival atmosphere.. maybe like a bazaar or something.... and I appreciated the 'political' apsect too (maybe political is the wrong word though) - I think there is room for at least one party which emphasises ideas which a lot of people in the scene agree with.... not everyone though I admit!
psyfox

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 3, 2003 20:11
This party definitely lived up to the expectations that names like Fatali and Earthling generate – at least by my definition. Rocked up at around half twelve, leaving some time to get to grips with the location (it being my first time at SeOne) before the start of Astral Mike’s set. The maze like set up was fine to negotiate, with a different set up at the end of each tunnel, providing a diverse range of chillout throughout the night. The varying styles of music/readings could well have furnished some with a focal point for the evening, however as usual my compelled migration to the Altered States main floor was imminent .

Mike’s set got my evening off to a rocking start, and the array of nicely blended tracks had me firmly set in fifth gear by the time Fatali took control. His set pretty much took me off my feet – I found it particularly inspiring to hear such sophisticated music created by someone so young. By the time his set drew to a conclusion, it was time to take advantage of what the chillout had on offer, with my energy resources rapidly depleting

I was lulled into a state of psychedelic satisfaction by a combination of ambient grooves, politically motivated poetry and some crazed hippy display (involving some woman preaching about her social rights whilst systematically destroying a huge flower )

When all this became overwhelmingly philosophical, I made my way back to catch the end of Gobi’s set, which had my energy levels soaring within seconds. Earthling got off to a smooth start with Antigravity off Spunout compilation, and the whole crowd descended into a hypnotic stomp as the set grew to a powerful climax that never faded. The only factor that marred the experience was the level of heat at this stage – I pity the taxi driver who took me back since I left his seats looking like they were hit by a tropical monsoon

p.s. If anyone knows where I can find some photos, let me know, thanks………………….
snafu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 16, 2003 22:51
A quick Hi to Jon, Tom and Asi. Been working like a dog and moving house. Anyway, my voews on the party - (what I can remember)
I was really unimpressed wqith Fatali's set - I thought his music was technically very neat and the sounds were good but I got no depth or feeling from his music - left me feeling like he'd written all his tunes around a template and put nothing personal in. Shane Gobi was pretty good but I think I spent most of his set wedged between two sofas in a strange room laughing at stupid stuff. Not sure if I caught Mike's set or not as things were a bit messy round this part of the night (sorry Mike).
Earthling were phenomenal. Nothing more to say about that. And I really enjoyed the last DJ (who was he?) as I'm sure he played a few old classics, at least I thought he did and that's what matters, and certainly kept me from leaving before the end. Top party.
I also watched some guy (John Crow? or something) and was convinced he was a genius. CAn anyone confirm/refute this allegation as I was a bit wasted.
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Jun 17, 2003 01:18
Quote:

On 2003-06-16 22:51, snafu wrote:
Not sure if I caught Mike's set or not as things were a bit messy round this part of the night (sorry Mike).

I played before Fatali, and although one of the cd decks freezing up during my set, i was blown away by the crowd and the party as a whole.

Xcellent stuff!
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - The Synergy Project @SE1 London Bridge, 31/5/03

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance