Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Igneous Sauria - Encepfalophagus
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Igneous Sauria - Encepfalophagus

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Mar 30, 2003 19:00
Igneous Sauria is Kristos Tatitzikidis from Greece, who also was a part of the projects Phacelift and Magus, who has been a part of CreamCrop since the labels first compilations back in 2002.

His debut album "Encepfalophagus" is also released by CreamCrop, and the style is dark and progressive. Compared to his 1-2 year old releases it's less psychedelic, darker and a bit slower.

The album starts out with "Encepfalophagus". We're met with a few people talking, and after 1 minute the music really starts. The beat is followed by birds singing, but they disappear pretty quick, and the darker style takes
over.

In the 2nd track "Pustracer" the speed is increased, and the dark style continues.

"Heliumdoron" has a nice and quiet start, but the darker style takes over. We hear the sound of a bell from a bicycle, and with about 1½ minut left we start to hear the sounds from the beginning of the track, untill the end of the track.

4th track, "McNutCrak" is more uplifting than the first tracks, and we're met with a pretty interesting funky style. The track quickly develops, but unfortunatly it ends after only 6 minutes.

"Cluster" is made with Sven Looping (some might know him from Charasmatix and Sticky Finger), and the result is great. The track has a 1 minute long intro, before we're met with some very dark sounds. This is definatly a track to be played late at night!

"Crispy" is pretty much the same as "Cluster", but in my opinion the sounds are much better in "Cluster"

"Enigmata" is a new version of "Enigma" from the "The Next Levels" compilation from 2001. The style here is more dancable, and towards the end the sounds get pretty psychedelic.

The style is again changed with "A-Muser". The track is more uplifting than the last few tracks, and it's pretty housy.

The last dance track is "Skogsra". On the LP version of the album it's remixed by Phony Orphants and Phacelift. I don't like this version, so let's just hope the remixes are better.

The last track is Faltchenrun - a pretty experimental chillout track, with a very jazzy sound. I don't love the track, but I find it pretty interesting.

In general I think the debut-album from Igneous Sauria is pretty good. His sound is very interesting, and there is a good variation in the tracks. It really grows on you.

For me the highlights are "McNutCrak", because it's a bit funny and different, while "Cluster" is one of the best dark tracks I've heard in a while. "A-Muser" is also one of the gems.

Overall the album is a pretty good buy - especially if you're into the style. My verdict is 8/10.

Tracklist:

01. Encepfalophagus
02. Pustracer
03. Heliumdoron
04. McNutCrak
05. Cluster
06. Crispy
07. Enigmata
08. A-muser
09. Skogsra
10. Faltcherun

Link:
http://www.CreamCrop.com

Note: Pardon my lousy english           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Apr 3, 2003 11:53
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=1647           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Alex Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Apr 8, 2003 18:04
A small correction - when Magus split up, Christos continued solo with the Igneous Sauria project, while Kostas developed the Phacelift/Mothafunkster/Skizofrenik Society projects.

Back to the Igneous album- a very good debut album, it is "deep" music and needs a few listens to dig really into it but overall very good work by Christos- I hope the cd does really well !!!!
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Apr 9, 2003 17:32
I think this album is completely amazing. It's been a very, very long time since I heard an album of good, nighttime, pyschedelic music, so long that I thought everybody had given up on it, going for either the progressive groove, the dry tek, or the full-on cheese. But Chris gives me new hope in serious, mental music. Mcnutcrack, cluster, encepfalophagus are all great, but my favorite is the melancholy crispy. What a wickedly beautiful track. Easily the best artist release of this year so far, and the best for the night of the past two years.
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Apr 14, 2003 03:05
i got this album a week ago, and it just wont leave my cd

monotonic, deep, groovy, hypnotic, uplifting...
its all in there.

great album           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Demi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Apr 14, 2003 22:32
I waqs expecting some more psychedelic intense sounds from this project. But listening 2 it right now - i am not dissapointed at all. Its very intelligent, deep, long with some progressive parts. I'd play those tracks for the begining of the party(from 10 - 1), or i'd rather recommend them for the late morning /day time.
I'd recommend this cd.
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : May 6, 2003 18:12
now... after i think 4-5 listening to this album

im officialy in love           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
cyberdelia
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 7, 2003 16:02
A very good cd from Kristos. Encepfalophagus in greek by the way means the "thing" that eat the mind! Cool           BE HAPPY!!!
Juppiter is the protector of our solar system!
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 7, 2003 23:10
I never was a fan of Igneous Sauria music, but I got very surprised with this album....WOW...its the best prog. release of the last weeks for sure!!!!
So inteligent, so clean, dynamic, liquid, and even though its more clubby than many people would expect (i love it) ,its very psy for sure!! Congratulations Kristos!!!           The Devil Is In Detail!
Nomolos(Zenon Rec.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jul 27, 2010 21:26
one of my all time favorites!! Deep, Grinding, Hypnotic, Atmospheric and Loopy as fuck!
Sounds better today than it did back in the day....

Cheers           "....or is it???"

www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/thenomolos
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Igneous Sauria - Encepfalophagus

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance