Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Audialize-Starship Earth (Third Eye) 2006
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Audialize-Starship Earth (Third Eye) 2006

Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 10:20
Audialize-Starship Earth

1) Starts of with some Persian or Arabian (I think) style samples, and then drops in a good, stout bassline, punctuated by sharp bursts of electronic riff (really nice ones too) and these lead in the meat and gravy of the track, a heavily distorted, LSD soaked bass melody. Later some mystical sounding atmospheres work their way in, and the bassline begins quivering weirdly. It just gets better and better, and at the end it opens like a flower, and then bounces around like a flower blowing in the wind while those mournful Persian strings come back. What a track to kick off an album with!

2) Starts of with some very smooth, spacy leads, and then starts into some funkier action. Extremely tasteful use if Indian vocals. Later on the track takes on a slightly harder edge, reminiscent of the South African twilight style.

3) Starts with my favorite waking life sample and some epic sounding lead ins and sweet, mournful vocal samples. I love how the chorus has a more atomospheric sweeping part and sharper, more dynamic part. The contrast really works.

4) This one has a really weird, twisted feel. Extremely creative. Solid fullon.

5) Soaring anthem, probably the most normal track on the album, but still very good, the use of anthem like builds and stuff is tasteful and not at all cloying.

6) Starts off with epic sounding chimes. More Waking Life samples. LSD soaked fullon, at moments somewhat reminiscent of Melicas first album, but with strange, slightly haunting, nonstandard ambiences and effects behind it. This track has a very Alice-in-Wonderland kind of feel to it.

7) Starts with some piano riffs that get progressively more distorted before the bassline drops in. Like the other tracks, lots of quirky distorted sounds and massive twilight melodies and atmospheres.

8) Starts off with some sad, mournful sounding melody lead. More psychedelic action, with some nice twists. Has more waking life samples. This is the only track here that I haven’t immediately fallen completely in love with, although it is a good enough track. Time will tell, but considering how fantastic the rest of the album is, I think it’s likely that this track will grow on me.

9) A chill out track. And a good one too. Very subtle, tasteful use of ethnic elements. The ethnic elements are skillfully integrated with, rather than simply layered with the electronic elements, and also these not the same played-out samples we are getting all too used to from a lot of the chillout these days.

Wow, what album.
Truly amazing stuff, for those who say fullon can’t be intelligent, I challenge them to listen to this CD and then tell me that!! So deep, so laden with feeling, so creative, so sonically diverse. Amazing mix of psychedelic sounds, uplifting moments, and moments of creeping darkness. Impeccably produced, rich soundscapes, use of many elements, but everything in place, ever shifting and morphing, but doing so quite seamlessly. I predict that “Starship Earth” will go down in the annals of trance history as among the very best of the best psytrance ever made. I will have to go back and get this guy’s earlier albums, I have a few track and knew I liked his music, but this CD is a total masterpiece. Is all of his stuff this good? Is this Vera Guerreiro part of the live act? Her vocals are probably the best use of vocals in trance that I have ever heard, they are integrated with such skill and subtlety.

As I write this I am sad knowing that my words will never do the listening experience I’ve just had justice. While it remains to be seen how this CD will age, I expect it will be filed alongside Hallucinogen, Artifakt, Pleiadians, Vibrasphere, as the very best of the best of my music collection.

10/10, unspeakably awesome, a likely pick for CD of the year.

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 13:06
On a serious note great CD... Starship Earth, Trancecryption and Plasma Glow are bombs. Kudos to my bros from 3rd eye- god job karan shive and raoul
much love
Rajat
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 15:56
Good album...heared only few track's and i liked all of them           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 16:52
NIce album... But not up to my expectation...LIked the track center view ,trancecryption,starship earth ,fun rules is one killer track and plasma glow.. I found worth to fit this album...
EHEhe the reviews shuld have been more constructive ...
Any ways nice Job Audialize..
          0x00000PSy
V a R u n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 16:55
Yes a more detailed review wud be better imho..
Nice album by Joel and good job by third eye boys ..
Played 4 tracks from this cd in a party and it surely did the trick lots of stompers in here guys.. very highly recommended..must have for every full on lover..
gonna be playing this for a long time now..

my favourites are centre view, fun rules and meet yourself..

Much love and respect again to Joel, Karan, Shiv-e , Raoul and the rest of the Third Eye Crew ..
Awaiting future releases
bom bom
Varun           Varun @ Materia Records

http://www.myspace.com/varundj

http://www.materiarecords.com/varun.html

..:: VA - BOUNCE OUT NOW ::..

..:: MATCD09 VA - PROFESSIONAL BY ANAHATA COMING SOON ..::
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 20:12
great album this one. always like to hear audialize's unique style. loved the title track, as well trancecryption, those spacey sounds in the beginning get me everytime. i think its the sort of cd u can just leave on and listen to effortlessly . big b00m to audialize and 3rd eye.
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 22:59
WOWWW...9.5\10 POWERFULL ALBUM...
survey1
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 08:03
very good album, i thought it was more darky, but liked it in general

and can someone plzzz review menog's new album?

dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 19, 2006 00:37
I can't believe I waited over three years for this!

The best track is the first one because its style is very close to Audalize's style from Wanted. The other stuff, I don't know, it sounds just like all the other full on released this year.

I don't understand: First Rinkadink, then Protoculture, and now Audialize.

Staying with the times is one thing, but doing what everyone else is doing is just lame.

I wouldn't recommend this album to anyone. It's mediocre at best.
sketi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Nov 20, 2006 07:14
Quote:

On 2006-11-12 13:05, rajatrao5 wrote:
I feel sorry for labels. These one line reviews are not only pathetic, they give out no information to prospective buyers or to the label or artist in terms of feedback. Psycosmo no offense but give up on the reviews, not only was your rating system pathetic, so is your "old fashioned" review
please leave it to others
Rajat

woah dude, chill!

nice album, and i enjoyed the review
Khopat
Khopat

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 26, 2006 04:18
Well i got this gem few weeks ago , and i must say the all album is filled with spiritual feeling , great music for sure! Big thumbs up to track 04 - Sauce Commander , this track kills my brain , very inteligent , and it ends with pure psychadelic drive!

Big thanxx joao for the album and for the excelent music in it waiting for futures releases!           www.Spectralrecords.com
www.Hypergate-records.com
www.metatron-production.com
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 5, 2007 04:07
While this is different than the first album "Wanted" it is nonetheless awesome. People complain when artists don't change their style and when they pot out something different. I will tell you this, it gets better with every listen.

Mdk
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 5, 2007 18:00
spanking cd boys. looking forward to more & more from 3rd eye.
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 7, 2007 12:07
Starship Earth, Trancecryption, Plasma Glow & Sauce Commander are standout tracks. I would buy the CD even if it only had these four tracks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Travel, without moving
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Audialize-Starship Earth (Third Eye) 2006

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance