First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Chillers

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : May 7, 2002 22:42
Do you get chills when listening to certain tracks? I often do, especially if the track is old and I havent listened to it in a while. Also i found that if the trance is uplifting, (eg. morning music) I get them all the time. That and a big smile on my face that i cant explain. Simon usually does it for me, old Infected... But right now, the reason i thought of this post is Avi's Power Up, remixed by Ofer, Simply brilliant!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : May 7, 2002 22:46
My thoughts exatcly!           REHAB is for quitters
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : May 7, 2002 23:09
there is many tracks that get me chiiled
like :
Cosma
Haldolium
...and more !!!!!           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : May 7, 2002 23:28
yes you are absolutely right, but I want to know: what causes this? Its not only with trance I get this from listening to certain beatles songs and Pink Floyd wish you were here always does this to me.           Both teams played hard
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : May 8, 2002 00:06
Hallucinogen - Trancespotter

I've been hearing this track for years, and I still get the chills running through me every time I hear it. But any well made and VERY PSYCHEDELIC music will do it to me.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : May 8, 2002 00:09
nasser - Okaz market (UNR). quite relaxing.           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : May 8, 2002 00:12
The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing

Never lets u down

A
flopZ

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 8, 2002 03:18
INDEED!!!!!           [WE HAVE NO CONTROL]!
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : May 8, 2002 10:11
Right now (for a long time already actually) there's only one track that does it to me: One of these days - Haldolium           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : May 8, 2002 10:28
Its not just you. Believe me.           Both teams played hard
Wolf
Purple Passion

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 8, 2002 10:59
Hallucinogen - Spiritual Antiseptic
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : May 8, 2002 23:26
Everything by Simon or Infected Mushroom gives me that feeling           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : May 8, 2002 23:34
The Muses Rapt - and The Sensitives will be kings...

"We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : May 9, 2002 01:37
To be completely honest, some "moledet" songs do it for me to, "balada la hovesch" and "2 fingers from zidon"... sorry, i was a medic... i actually wonder biologically what happens in the body and the brain to produce such a response. I will look into it.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Nov 29, 2003 21:17
After about a year and a half i decided its time to answer my own question:

the simple answer:

1. Back in furrier times, pre-humans faced with a threat responded with an instantaneous flood of hormones that raced through the autonomic nervous system, which controls involuntary actions like breathing and digestion, and triggered the "Fight or Flight'' response.

Part of the "Fight'' reaction was to look as threatening as possible. The piloerector muscles puffed up the fur to make the animal look bigger and more formidable. Lots of animals still do this, including cats, dogs, and bears.
Our emotional responses, whether sad or happy, excited or angry, trigger the release of hormones that stimulate the autonomic nervous system, sometimes bringing on "emotional'' goosebumps, depending on the hormones released.
DR. M.R. Concord, Boston University.

the elaborate response:

Fear and temperature both have strong effects on piloerection (goosebumps)
through autonomic nervous systems feedback systems. These are mediated
like other emotion-linked autonomic reflexes by routing through the limbic system. These other emotion-linked autonomic reflexes include blushing, blanching, butterflies in the stomach.
The limbic system is the site of primitive drives: sex, fear, rage, aggression and hunger. Anatomical sites for the limbic system include amygdala, parahippocampal gyrus, uncus, subcallosal gyrus, cingulate gyrus, fornix, dentate gyrus, hypothalamus and hippocampus. These are found around a major structure called the thalamus which receives virtually all sensory input. The medial forebrain bundle is a bidirectional
communication with the brainstem which then directly mediates autonomic reflexes. A second method of invoking the autonomic reflexes is through the hypothalamus which also sends nerve projections to the brainstem.

Specifically, direct stimulation of the amygdala and hypothalamus evokes the piloerection pathway. It's in these physical structures that emotional stimulation by music or the reading of poetry, etc. can result in piloerection.

BTW, the hippocampus is also involved in learning and memory, suggesting the importance of emotions on learning and the reason why background music can help with learning.

Dr. David Pendergrass, Faculty, Neuroscience, University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine.

now i can rest.

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Chillers

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance