Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - Censorship???

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Censorship???

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 11:03
Full On wrote in another thread:

I was obviously kidding in my first post in this thread, when I say to delete all TOP 10 messages.

I my personal opinion is: this forum is amazing, really great, but we still have some strong censure here. We can´t talk about things that are strongly related to psytrance, like homossexualism, realigion and drugs, among other things... (logically I talk about these issues with some persons by private message).
If we start censuring messages in any section of this forum, just because it have the name of a song, everything will be lost...
Respect!

And I answered:

Full on, it's not censorship, it's a choice of the spectrum of discussions.
Now it's not that I don't have a lot to say about politics & drugs and even their connection to psytrance, its just that in our experiences, which are long and diverse the end result when these topics are included in the scope of discussions is violence, disrespect, chaos and pretty much end of discussion about music.
Therefore, we chose right from the start to limit the subjects being discussed in this forum and that is explained well to every member when she/he joins.
I advise all to speak freely on any subject they like, I can even point to few communities where there is no limit on the scope of things disussed. I'm a member in one of them for 5 years now.
If we had more time to moderate and educate I would have loved to have a totally open community in here as well. But we don't. And so we chose 'the lesser of evils'- a community where we discuss only certain aspect of life, but where its fun to be and the vibe is good.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about this...

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 14:54
Quote:
I can even point to few communities where there is no limit on the scope of things disussed. I'm a member in one of them for 5 years now.

are they trance??
if so... go ahead
          REHAB is for quitters
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 16:01
homosexualism?

Is this related to psy trance?

I must get updated i think.....           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
PrincezzzToma
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 16:52
I don't think, you should put anything other than trance here. If people want to chat about politics, and drugs, and whatever, they can go to forums made for that. But this forum is made about trance, so let's talk about trance.

Toma
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 20:03
toma but they are connected to trance (drugs and politics, dunno about homosexualism...)
but i do think the management is right
everytime people discuss about those topics the thread becomes a mess.           REHAB is for quitters
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 07:34
Gilad,
Yes they are.
you can try the psynews forum, though I think children started moderating there heavily as well.
And the best place for that would be the 604 mailing list. You can subscribe here, I believe:
http://party.net/cgi-bin/listinfo/604

But beware, we're talking 30-100 mails per day, at times none connected to trance. Sometimes its interesting, sometimes very much not.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 08:04
I think drugs, homosexualism and religion are related to trance (and other things too).
If you go to a party, roughly 80% (or more here in Brazil) of the people will be "under effect" of some illegal drug. If you count alcohol and tabaco this % can get as high as 100%. And I think maybe it can be usefull to discuss it here, cause them everyone can learn in what way each drug hurts you, what to do if somebody is having a bad trip or fall unconscious, what drugs you should not mix, how you can stay away from drugs, etc...
I don't see homosexuals kissing theirselves in the middle of 1000 people anywhere (maybe I'm not going to the right places...), except in a psyparty, so homosexualism is related to psytrance cause only in a psyparty people can have the freedom to be theirselves. And this make homosexuals love psyparties... And they help increase the scene, this is good. The psyparty invite you to be yourself.
And trance is related to religion in this way: lots of people are trying to "trancende" something in a party (forget your troubles and weakness and dance). Must of people that likes psytrance, unlike me, believe in God and/or magic and/or paranormality... The party itself is a religious cerimony or a meditation section. Some people think they are nearer God in such a party. For some people, the dance is just a offering for God.
Maybe some of these things happens only here in Brasil, so please add comments.

A psyparty is a peculiar place, where people with different believes, ways of think and act can be theirselves, always respecting each other. This kind of place, near nature, where you are completelly free, with so many open minded and educated people (and a few junk people too), is so rare, that people travel long lenghts just to reach them.

Coming back to the topic, just some questions (maybe there are good answers for these ones, let me know):
1 - Why not open a new section (like the top 10 ot the Trance or the Trance in Brazil) where there is no moderation at all (or at least where you can talk about all banned issues)?
2 - Why I can't read what's on Isratrance InForum » » IsraTrance.com » » Moderators ? (and why even this section is moderated???)
Respect to All!

...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 08:06
Even between Israelis, once we start talking about politics it always ends up with raising voices and getting upset.
The problem with politics or religion is that everybody has got an opinion and in 99.999% of the cases nobody will be able to convince the other side. So it's pointless.
Better to talk about things that unite us, than things that tears us appart           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
uvego
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 16:57
please, dont talk that homosexualism is relate to trance , or trance parties. If somebody is homosexsual here that is personal problem and personal opinion. I dont see relatonship between those two things.

p.s. you can delite my mesige again, but its only my opinion. meaby i am oldfashion, or meaby like detox seys "I must get updated" but IMO

respect!!!

[ This Message was edited by: uvego on 2002-12-08 17:07 ]
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Dec 8, 2002 17:14
Being homosexual is not a problem Uvego but a personall taste in the matter of sex.

The point is that homosexualism is not connected to trance at any rate.Maybe things are different in Brazil but in general terms homosexualism is not connected to trance and thats a fact.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 22:52
Quote:

On 2002-12-08 08:04, full_on wrote:
Coming back to the topic, just some questions (maybe there are good answers for these ones, let me know):
1 - Why not open a new section (like the top 10 ot the Trance or the Trance in Brazil) where there is no moderation at all (or at least where you can talk about all banned issues)?
2 - Why I can't read what's on Isratrance InForum » » IsraTrance.com » » Moderators ? (and why even this section is moderated???)
Respect to All!

Well, someone should answer those Qs
1. There is no offtopic section, moderated or not, in this forum because the general view of the creators and founders of this forum is that it's a TRANCE forum. Other subjects can be discussed in other forums, but this forum has a theme.
2. The 'moderators' section is locked for viewing for ppl who are not mods for several reasons. The main issue is that it's a place where mods can discuss stuff that shouldn't go public (s.a. offensive users that we warn each other about, ways of dealing with problematic users, suggestions for improvements, etc.). Don't worry - there's no gossip there or talking behind ppls backs And this section is moderated too because even moderators are human and post offtopic posts sometimes

hope I answered your Qs to the point

Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 23:34
Karnaf, thanks for answer my questions. Good answers.
DETOX and Uvego, maybe it's just my point of view, maybe not, but if homosexualism is not directly related to psytrance, it's indirectly related, because the party is a environment that welcome homosexuals (and all kinds of people that common societ oppress, like drug users or psytrance listeners ). I could also say that trance (not psychedelic trance) is even more related to homosexualism. There is even a brasilian (bad taste) joke about it: What's the collective of gay? Answer: RAVE. I saw this joke on a newspaper (the newspaper that sells more than any other here).
Also "psychedelic" means "characterized by, or generating hallucinations, distortions of perception, altered states of awareness, and occasionally states resembling psychosis." I think that's somehow related to drugs, don't you?
P.L.U.R.

...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Dec 9, 2002 00:57
Full on my friend Homosexuals are welcome in the society,we live in a modern world and not in the medieval times anymore you know,so when you say that the trance scene welcomes homosexuals while society rejects them you are very wrong just because society accepts everyone no matter of his/her sex preferences,maybe you need to read some books on sociology.

Society also accepts drug users and tries to cure them thats why so many institutes do exist that try to cure these people and prevent the others from drug usage.

Society also accepts psy trance listeners,its some stupid people that still live in the dark ages that dont accept psy trance listeners.All the young people,all the people that grew up going to schools,that have read books,watched tv,listened to the radio dont have a problem at all with psy trance listeners,its only very old people that have problems with us simply because they have old fashioned ideas like 'come home before ten oclock','dont have that haircut','dont speak badly' and bla bla,these people arent a part of our modern society and sooner or later they will dissapear.

So i think you should reconsider your positions and be part of our modern society or slowly dissapear.......           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 9, 2002 11:06
Full On, if you would deep a liitle more hard ,you would realize that psychedelic means "smth that expands your mind"

psycho = soul, mind
deli = to open, to expand

it is greek or latin, I don't remember exactly.
          -=Lead System Designer=-
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Dec 9, 2002 11:53
it is from the greek.. psyche = mind
delos = clear.           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - Censorship???

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance