Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - How psytrance is related to history and culture in israel?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

How psytrance is related to history and culture in israel?

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Dec 2, 2002 18:25
Sorry if this was already posted... (I can't find it)

Here in Brazil everyday you can see in the Newspaper something about Israel (usually it's about war and terrorism and religion). And just the other day I was talking with a friend of mine about it and we were wondering how psytrance (and electronic music in general) is related to the history and culture in Israel. How, when and why it became "popular" in Israel?
Respect to All!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
R1000

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 2, 2002 20:12
Believe me, I don't know how it became so popular. We have so much successful arsits, in my opinion - we got the best artists (Infected Mushroom, Dark Soho, Psy Sex, Astral Projection in the past, Sesto Sento...). It's just wonderful to think that we are a kind of essentail country for the Trance culture.
Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Dec 3, 2002 11:53
check http://www.psynews.org , go there to WHAT IS GOA
yeah, we got the BEST ARTISTS!

"5. What's so special about Israel?"

[ This Message was edited by: Sound Surgeon on 2002-12-03 11:55 ]
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Dec 3, 2002 17:25
Thanks people.
Sound Surgeon, I had already read this good article.
In fact I told to my friend what I had read in that article, but she is very curious and start asking things that I didn't know how to answer. So I told her: "If you want, I can post this question in the isratrance forum..." and she said: "Good idea, it would be great to hear a answer from people that actually live in Israel..."
So here am I... Anyone can help???
P.L.U.R. to all!           .
Cyber Punk
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 3, 2002 18:42
Quote:

from psynews.org

... It has to do with their history, we all know there is/was war in or around Israel. Because of the war many people went to India to forget things... This is known as "The post army trip". But during the 90's when the music was evolving they brought tapes with the music back to Israel and that music suited the Israeli state of mind very well. The music was highly emotional and very releasing which was just what the post army traumatic Israeli needed to release all the tensions built into them. The artists who were making Industrial in the late 80's started to pick up this new wave of music, and those artist became very famous as the starters of the Psychedelic Trance scene... (Now we're talking about Astral Projection, California Sunshine, Witchcraft,...) Another step to the people was the use of DAT's (Digital Audio Tape) and the fact that the prices of digital equipment were dropping... And because Goa-Trance is for 99% electronic, almost everyone who wanted to make this music could try that on their own home computer, without the need to invest huge sums of money or seek the sponsoring of big record companies. This fact has made Trance into a true underground musical style, with an entrance ticket into that is very cheap.

Is it answers your question ?           -=Lead System Designer=-
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Dec 3, 2002 18:51
Thanks, Cyber Punk, but I already knew this article... Anyway, thanks! If you could add something you experienced and learned by living in Israel, I would be glad...
Respect!
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Dec 3, 2002 20:00
Personally, I think that's a bunch of pretentious, over-assuming bullshit. If we'd look for release from day to day life, we'd head into some mind numbing death metal and/or gabber where the music obliterates your ability to think. The trip after the army is a norm nowadays. I prefer to think that the Israelis just have a need for finding open minds (just like in Germany and the UK, for instance, which are also leaders in this genre, especially when it began), which in turn makes us travel a lot (especially after the army, which doesn't have much open minds in it)... and eventually it leads to actually listening to music instead of just saying "what the hell is that techno crap". No need to look at the Israelis who do everything because of the war. I hate it when people think Israelis are that shallow.

Ohh, and the fact that goa was the #1 tourist spot for Israeli backpackers between 1990 and 2000. That also helps.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 4, 2002 09:22
This Psynews explanation is pretentious and oversimplified, a distorted unknowledgable version of the info on Isratrance, which again, I remind you is a site where you can find all you want (almost) about Israeli trance. So check the General/Trance section. We need to update it, but we'll do that soon when the new version of the site will be up, and then I will also try to answer your question more seriously.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

vegeta

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 6, 2002 19:04
i dont worderstand how do you party in israel?
every day i see in the tv, bombs, terrorist, war?

where do you do the parties?
have you ever had problems with bombs in the parties?

and telavive? in the tv i see lots of terrorits attacks in telavive, but in theh net i see lots of parties in telavive.

i dont worderstand, how can it be possible
Gumbo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 10:29
yeah thats a weird situation here in israel.. the ppl actualy become accustomed to the terrorist attacks and bombs, .. the situation here is not as bad as you think.. the real war/fighting is in the palastinin area... israel is protecting herself from them. never had bobms in trance partys.. and never will!! the terrorists will never find them..
there was only once.. in a sad friday two years ago a bomb attack in a club in telaviv, it was horibble. hope it will never happan again . peace!           Follow u'r Spirit without hesitation.
Barmalei
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 7, 2002 15:07
Don't forget that the country is very young and influenced all kinds of culture, now mostly by European and American ... But we have here very good and starnge people that are liking to take things and to improve them... This happened to trance too...           Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 21:00
Vegeta, do you really believe everything you see on TV is the way reality is?
Media shows what it wants to show, and media is controlled by people with certain interests.

According to all the media in the world trance parties do not exist, only occasionally some drug dillers and drug addicts get together to trade drugs and do drugs with some noisey music in the background untill the police comes and saves our misguided hopeless youth.

C'mon ppl...

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Dec 8, 2002 21:14
try this one on for size...

http://www.infected-mushroom.de/siteinfo/siteinfo-israel/siteinfo-israel.htm

"We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Israel - How psytrance is related to history and culture in israel?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance