Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psykovsky - General talk about him if you like.

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psykovsky - General talk about him if you like.

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 09:57
Hi there people. http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ver/ver1cd008.html

When I first discovered "psy-core" a few years back, I immediately fell in love with Psykovsky and Fungus Funk (+ +). I know that Psykovsky has released a debut album now, and that Fungus Funk's album is on the way.

I'm now in psyshop planning to buy some albums and I would really like to buy Psykovsky's album. BUT... Since this is a late 2005 release I got to admit that I'm kin of sceptic about it being good as in the good old "psy-core" sound. Have you heard it? Is it twisted, psychedelic or trippy? Or is it boring formula music like most new dark-psy/psy-core? (I have no ability to listen to the samples, that’s why I need written advice)

All hands up for old tracks like "Lastbus Madrus" by Psykovsky and "Geona" by Fungus Funk. - I will make my decision with-in 3-4 hours. So people who knows this album. Is it worth the money?

I have put these albums in the cart so far:
Shulman: Random Thoughts [Aleph Zero Records]
Electrypnose: Le Tireur de Ficelles [Peak Records]

Would I like to include the "Psykovsky" album?
crovax

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 11:40
Well it is not like Lastbus Madrus... Theres a couple of tracks I like, but nothing special imho..
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 11:41
I am highly disappointed by everyhting he has done in the last few years. I remember his first releases were wicked, twisted, with lots of humour (Putin samples) and generally fun mood. His todays music sounds exactly like all the other Russian Psy Core. The albm is no different. If you like the Russian intense 150BPM intense go for it. I am still waiting to hear some fresh sounds like Funky Green Shit, Inner Disorder, Headless Horsemen or even some of his later tunes with Osom.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2006 12:56
Two persons I trust.

Thanks Pavel, you read my mind. All of what you wrote above is what I would like to expect from the album, but seeminly is not present.

I wount order the album. Let's hope "Fungus Funk"'s album will be better.

Quote: His todays music sounds exactly like all the other Russian Psy Core.

This is exactly what I don't want. I want ...

Quote: I remember his first releases were wicked, twisted, with lots of humour (Putin samples) and generally fun mood. - I am still waiting to hear some fresh sounds like Funky Green Shit, Inner Disorder, Headless Horsemen or even some of his later tunes with Osom.

Once again, thanks to the both of you.

Fragletrollet
Fragletrollet

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 14:36
I love the "debut" album from Psykovsky, and I love all his other stuff too. I think the "Debut" album is a swirling mix of multiple soundlayers all along, really psychedelic. He uses alot of samples used in previous tracks also from Osom, and makes new creations with them, some of the tracks are remixes also. I would buy the album right away, but thats just me...
Lepton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 15:03
Quote:

On 2006-02-24 11:41, Pavel wrote:
His todays music sounds exactly like all the other Russian Psy Core. The albm is no different. I

wrong information.... he has his own sound wich is definetaly different than kindzadza, parasence,terminator,freaking,fungus,furious,psyfactor,...
I din't say it's a good album I let people decide for themselfe but his style is unique and can only be compared with osom so if you like osom you will like this album if not stay away from it....
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2006 15:23
hehe, well. After reading the last two posts, I decided to talk to the IT department here at work, just so that I could take a listen to the samples. ... Well, I'm buying it! *I'm such a ping-pong ball*. Your right, it is complex and has some beautiful trippy vibes with multible layers to keep your attention while flying high.

Pavel. I can't belive I desided to trust you

Thanks guys.
svejk
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 15:42
Well, man I hope you enjoy the album since you decided to buy it,
here is my opinion anyway, Psykovsky is a great artists, his music is psychodelic, twisted and pretty much original. Maybe because of that, and hearing his old tracks I excpected more from his debut album. After hearing it I was abit disappointed because my excpectations from this album were very high and the album is not as special as I excpected it to be.
Yet anyway its good psy trance
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 20:26
I enjoyed his new album.. Debut.. Alot of variation with his new tracks .. something many artists don't have these days.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2006 22:41
Quote:

On 2006-02-24 20:26, Bloodclot wrote:
Alot of variation with his new tracks .. something many artists don't have these days.

Very true ..
black_necro
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Feb 25, 2006 01:17
It's an album that grows on you, when I first heard it I thought "well.. nothing really special about it". But as I constantly find myself plying Osom's tracks it was unavoidable to wonder why didn't I liked the new album from Psykovski.. So I gave it another chance, than another and another, at the end I was happy that my initial judgement was changed. It's complex and deep, nothing alike out there..
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2006 15:59
ok ...

I got my "Psykovsky - Psykovsky album a couple of days ago. And I must state that this is the most genius "dark"/core/psychedelic/3D album i've ever heard. It's perfect, it's disturbing, it's beautiful, it's complex (3 dimentional layers on layers on layers on layers)and it's wicked. Amazing album! .. I'm blown away. People who cant like this album and see the intense complexity.. Shame on you. !

10/10 album. This album could have been released in 97, 99, 00 or 06. Doesnt matter. It's pure inteligence. This is what 3d psychedelic music is about.

Dark? No. Psychedelic moods.

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2006 16:02
Quote:

On 2006-02-24 15:42, svejk wrote:
Psykovsky is a great artists, his music is psychodelic, twisted and pretty much original.

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 14:36, Fragletrollet wrote:
I think the "Debut" album is a swirling mix of multiple soundlayers all along, really psychedelic.

Quote:

On 2006-02-25 01:17, black_necro wrote:
It's complex and deep, nothing alike out there..

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 20:26, Bloodclot wrote:
Alot of variation with his new tracks .. something many artists don't have these days.

Exacly ! my feelings. This album is EVERYTHING i desire.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 17:25
It is a very challenging piece of work... richly psychedelic! The chaotic beat structures make it difficult to mix for DJs, but try it out with some Ghreg on Earth on the site... quality madness!
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Mar 10, 2006 01:13
how did u find the track 6? just dont let too many ppl know about it!
cd case atomic bomb

Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psykovsky - General talk about him if you like.

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance