Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Cujorius One - Creating a Second Sun [Zenon] 2006

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cujorius One - Creating a Second Sun [Zenon] 2006

Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 22:27
Artist: Cujorius One
Album: Creating a Second Sun
Label: Zenon Records
Web: http://www.cujorius.dk/
CAT: zencd005

Tracks:

01. Bloodstains in my smoke [140 BPM's]
02. Epo Orc [140]
03. Silva Soul [140]
04. 95.5 Radio Joint [138]
05. The Pay per View Sound [140]
06. My Voices Don’t Like You [140]
07. Dear Daddy Drugs [138]
08. Bruise Vein [138]
09. Bass Bitch [138]
10. Pita Pan [140]

What's This about?

After much dismay last year with a counted number of minimal releases, 2006 has turned the tide announcing a new wave of intelligent rhythms for the adventurous progressive dance floors. Bjorn Jacobsen -one half of Tenka- has opened this year with his debut fitting the Zenon philosophy of deep tech-trance, and funky ‘pro-aggressive’ minimal with Cujo’s signature all over.

All and All

Creating a Second Sun is nice revival for long time fans of the genre. You don’t buy Traktor Schallabor, or Zenon music for their pick ups and the glissandi arpeggiated leads. We are talking about good rhythms and grooves that cross between ethereal themes and ominous driving kicks, showing the 10 or-so years of experience. No track sounds alike and no beat is remotely similar. The elements used and the structure would have nevertheless, been aided by a little more diversity. If you like your chunky progressive more than house this might be a looker. So, if you are hunting for pitchy stretchy ride of anthemic qualities, you peaked your head on the wrong rabbit hole. If on the other hand its decent DJ tool you’re after, give those samples a listen.

for track-by track review and the samples, please surf to > http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/163/2/
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 01:05
i think it roxx!
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 04:01
considering the tracks i know of cujorious on two zenon comps I am going to buy this asap. Especially 95.5 radio joint on intelligent manipulation....what an incredible kick on that track. it would have been nice to see 10 unreleased tracks though. But who cares?           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2006 22:37
Quote:

On 2006-02-14 04:01, ZeRo wrote:
considering the tracks i know of cujorious on two zenon comps I am going to buy this asap. Especially 95.5 radio joint on intelligent manipulation....what an incredible kick on that track. it would have been nice to see 10 unreleased tracks though. But who cares?

If you are into deep minimal progg, i would categorize it as safe purchase. Check the samples though, best way to know these days.

-
i'm linking this review, because i beleive it's much nicer to read it with graphics and links to actual samples, in the format it was originally intended. if that bothers anybody i will be happy to repost here...
          elementoftime.net

Sonic-energy.net
Nomolos(Zenon Rec.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Feb 15, 2006 00:03
Rah your review on your website(track by track)is just awsome! i love the way u describe the feeling behind the music!!!!

Cheers.

"....or is it???"

www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/thenomolos
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 15, 2006 01:07
Per-song Break down

01. Bloodstains in my smoke *

“Bloodstains in my smoke” conveys that old Tenka feel with the murky beats and opposing moods in between war-time atmospheres and redemption chants. In the connecting interims, leads growl and the mud sinks to the ankles. As the tune progresses from bittersweet beginnings the voices turn ominous and the feel descends into the minimal darkness loaded with melancholy and dance floor potential. It’s nice to have them back. “Try to imagine the end of eternity… think about it, pain forever.”

02. Epo Orc *

Fiddling with a lounge groove on fast rolling kicks and misplaced samples of a child whispering disorienting bits: It sound all so sweet and naïve but when he’s talking about demons, seeking answers and making you taste your own blood, it raises an eyebrow. The pace remains moving, with playful lines weaving and scathing at the fast paced rhythm actually making those samples work, or maybe i just got used to them by now...

03. Silva Soul *

This little number hangs together primarily from delayed creaking background noises and a simple compound meter. The content maintains the signature minimal drumalism, with signs of upbeat progressive smeared by the sides. Yet another piece of the puzzle in your deep prog sets. No highs or lows just contact grooves.

04. 95.5 Radio Joint *

Originally featured last year in Intelligent Manipulation the tune was a decent offering then and it still is now. “You can tread someone who thinks you are crazy” unfolds with a carefully arranged sequencing job and a shy line hidden away, surrogated by the atonal rasping noises.

05. The Pay per View Sound

We open the fifth chapter with lazy pads on some strange reverb, simmering in the background like a heavy stew. The pot starts bubbling with the usual assortment of jarring effects and background samples/effects with uplifting qualities. A bit too minimal at times but what it has, Cujo uses to his advantage. While I may not see the whole picture I can hear what he’s trying to convey especially by the end.

06. My Voices Don’t Like You *

Despite the implied tie-me-to-the-bed and feed downers name, we are up against one of the brightest most straight forward pieces of the album. Violas hang in the background adorning the surroudnings of glorious chants. The real juice comes with the added rhythmic elements after the disjointed break. It builds yet another piece of the complex groove with a dose of head-candy action.

07. Dear Daddy Drugs

The magic in daddy comes from the tweaked congas passing through the phaser and god knows what else, creating a really catchy pace to shake a leg. Unfortunately what started as great beat doesn’t lead to anything really original -in regard to the previous tracks presented. And that sample by the end… “You fucked the mind…” eum… you might have fucked something else with that anal upper Manhattan, silver-spoon Jewish type of voice. It’s a good thing it occurs in the end, so you can safely mute that zone when it comes time to gigging it. Or you might like it, if you think Fran Dresher has sexy voice.

08. Bruise Vein *

It is interesting to attempt and extrapolate the meaning of a track's name. Sometimes it doesn’t make any sense; more often than not you can find an aural indication for the words. In all probably I might be fooling myself here. Part of the sonic arsenal in Cujo’s tool box this time, counts a growling creaking line that extends through stark measures with a convincing groove, alas a bit too short. How does that resemble a bruised vein? You're asking the wrong person.

09. Bass Bitch *

Deep energetic kicks come married to a bouncy bleepy bass, imitating a harmonically tuned danger-alarm in your clandestine intergalactic spaceship. No fuzz minimal devoid, once again of any catchy lines except for the rhythms and atmospherics sucking the listner in. Distorted voices by the break announce aliens have invaded the main deck. As the action speeds up so does the bass, redoubling its presence with even more effects. A stark and highly entertaining chapter.

10. Pita Pan *

“For the first time, I feel in control” Another straightforward piece, leaving the deep-tech-minimal lands, shedding some light to close the album. We find more details interacting amongst themselves. I would dare say this track was one of those songs where the whole gang got together for production and you can tell. It’s uplifting without the use of peaks (as this is clearly not their thing). The pace gets moving by the end quite nicely closing a convincing album with class.

* Favourites

if a mod would like to combine my first post and this... or just leave as it is... eitherway           elementoftime.net

Sonic-energy.net
coomby

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 16, 2006 03:54
you all suck..........for having this already, soo jealous!

Hopefully tim has had some copies delivered to him already, I don't think I can wait for saiko to deliver it.
timsensient
Sensient

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Feb 16, 2006 14:14
yeh man, i'll have some on me this weekend

Cheers for the review Rah, entertaining as always
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 01:48
THIS CD IS A FUCKING BOMB!!! A MASTERPICE.
i've downloaded the release, no i'm gota get the original!
Zenon rec's
Satanstoenail

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 21, 2006 02:16
I'll definately be getting this.           Just remember.... in Hell.... there will be doof....
shiva-x

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 21, 2006 15:38
Zenon is definitely an excellent label ! I've ordered this CD, and hopefully I should get it tomorrow. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO can't wait
GEM_37
Cold Project

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 11:33
He he ... my copy is in the post cant wait....           http://www.coldproject.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/coldprojectofficial
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com/
PsYcH0naUT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 17:56
very good and deep progressive
great work
s@tanboy

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 20:27
Crap cover, farking great album
timsensient
Sensient

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Mar 3, 2006 02:46
cheers to all who are giving it a listen...i think cujo cant comment on here cause hes away in mexico on a reality tv show....but about the cover, i dont really think you can say its crap...actaully being digipack and all i think its the most pro looking zenon release thus far and i think the art and layout are slick . and I mean sure it might seem a bit weird that he put himself on the front to some, altghough personally i dont care, but at least there is some sort of theme going on with the flames coming out of his hands - creating a second sun...geddit! anyway once again thanks for being interested in what cujo and zenon is doing....cheers.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Cujorius One - Creating a Second Sun [Zenon] 2006

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance