Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Double Dragon - Transparent (Plusquam, October 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Double Dragon - Transparent (Plusquam, October 2002)

Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Nov 7, 2002 15:19

1. Bong - 8:09
2. Resonate - 7:53
3. Doppleganger - 8:18
4. Gravity - 6:03
5. Echo - 7:39
6. Heavy Rotation - 7:04
7. Shine - 7:01
8. Dice - 8:14

Steve Good is one of my favorite artists lately, working on the darker grooves of trance music that has been rocking dancefloors lately all around the world, finally releasing a new album to give the most refreshing night sound since the Necton album a few months back.

Starting out with Bong, already released on an EP a while ago, with some dark and twisted progression, interesting sound work and some (nearly) full-on pressure giving a very effective dancefloor track.

On that same EP, we also had the second track of this album - Resonate. Very intense groove in this track, with a much more linear progression, and basically everyone has heard this one at a party in the recent couple of months or so. Less psychedelic than Bong, but more driving.

Doppelganger continues with this line of high pressure grooves and dark atmosphere, and is great dancefloor material, but not much more.

Gravity gives some minimal chill out with some dub touches to it, I liked it very much. Excellently made with great soundwork.

Echo (finally) raises the bpm and starts with some looser groove work and more energy, high power progressive work, using the harder side of house grooves (in a very nice way) to give a dancefloor explosion without a boring moment, keeping the listener on the edge at every moment.

Keeping this up with Heavy Rotation, raising the bpm even more, and powering up the progression to something like Logic Bomb on steroids. Proffesional on every level, very enjoyable from beginning to end.

Shine keeps everything more under control than the last two tracks, with a clubbier groove and structure, and in the end, it (finally) offers some scratchy melodic work to add some energy, but only for a short time.

Ending this album with Dice, my favorite track from this album, with a definate morning feeling from beginning to end, much more full-on than the rest of the tracks in this album. Developing slowly into a wild driving explosion of energy until all hell breaks loose after the break, with impeccable structure and sound work, IMO taking Logic Bomb's music to the next step.

Shame the entire album is an only an hour (and change) long. This album will rock dancefloors for a while now, being top-notch in sound quality, groove work and driving like very few others. Each track on it's own is a rocker, but Double Dragon looses a bit of his patented insanity in this one. In some ways surpassing my expectations, in others not quite reaching them.

7/10 on my scale, but for all of the people who fell in love with the first album, this one will give more of the same.

Favorites: 1, 4(!), 5, 6(!), 8(!!)           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Nov 7, 2002 20:46
Use search to see if album was reviewed already. Nice review btw, looking forward to see it.
karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Nov 7, 2002 21:15
yep, already a thread about this one at - http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7203&forum=9&5

Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Nov 7, 2002 21:33
ohh, my bad.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 8, 2002 06:58
All good asaf, i was looking forward to see what you were thinking about this one, i think you have a similar taste to mine, but your knowledge is insanley greater than mine. we both worship simon and twisted.... good review!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Nov 8, 2002 19:38
ok, after 2 years of the Last Album from the talented steve, i can tell that this Album made in a very proffesional way with exellent sounds and kick, this album is is sure a great listening at home and on the dance floor, my opinion is 8/10 !!
          (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Zombi

Offtopic posts:  20
Posted: Nov 12, 2002
nice one..           Believe your soul !
MadE

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 19, 2002 14:38
The sound is good, I think... But he needs more ideas.
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Nov 20, 2002 07:40
Well, this album starts with a grovvy sytle and little by little developps to a more psychedelic.
Not psychedelic as their previous album, but still a nice one.
Like Kaz, I especially liked track #8 - excellent track.
Favourite tracks 5,6,7 (and 8 of course).

Sorry, after listenning to it a second time, I think it's an EXCELLENT c.d!
Great progressive psychedelic.
I "discovered" track #6, gee, what an excellent track!

[ This Message was edited by: Mike A on 2002-11-22 09:30 ]          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Nov 21, 2002 07:34
Sorry, after listenning to it a second time, I think it's an EXCELLENT c.d!
Great progressive psychedelic.
I "discovered" track #6, gee, what an excellent track!           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Double Dragon - Transparent (Plusquam, October 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance