Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Michele Adamson - Fallen Angel (Agitato 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Michele Adamson - Fallen Angel (Agitato 2005)

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 13:40
Michele Adamson is probably most known for her vocals in Shpongle. But, she has also been collaborating with many other artists, including Infected Mushroom, J.Viewz, Sub6 and Doof, just to name a few. She has now finally collected some of her songs on an album, including several new ones never released before. Surprisingly, it is released on the Israeli full on label Agitato Records, but on this album, we only get chilled tracks in various styles and tempo.

Michele Adamson "Fallen Angel" Agitato Records 2005 (AGE1042)

1. Gouchin Out
2. Bouncing Ball
3. Tricky
4. Move In
5. Stranded
6. Phantom Clarity
7. Bass Jungle
8. Seventh Son
9. Weird
10. Feel Free
11. Flutterby
12. Fortean
13. Stuck On You
14. I See Myself

Michele has an incredible voice that is very easy to recognise. Usually I find too much vocals in chill out music easily nagging, but her voice doesn’t disturb in any way. She has obviously been lucky to meet some of the best producers of chill out and psychedelic trance out there, which has resulted in some great collaborations. A couple of the tracks I find most interesting on this album is the two tracks she has done together with Doof (Nick Barber), which I don’t think are ever released before. Several of the tracks are made together with J.Viewz, which is Jonathan Dagan from Israel, one half of the Violet Vision duo. Violet Vision is also involved in a couple of tracks here. There are also other Israelis involved here, like the full on duo Beat Hackers. At the end, we get an interesting remix of a classic on the Unusual Suspects compilation on Twisted, which Simon Posford did with Infected Mushroom, the "I see Myself" track by Fly Agaric.

This album is probably the album with most variety I have heard this year! And that’s what really makes this interesting. Here we get so many styles on one disc, ambient vibes, lounge chill, big beat, uptempo housey vibes, pop and much more. The artists involved also go a bit different direction from their usual stuff, probably with help from Michele and her beautiful voice. I really enjoyed this album from beginning to end. For sure one of the best albums that has been released on any psy label this year. A very fresh breath in a scene that really need something like this. Recommended!
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net          CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 14:59
Not more than a Nice album.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 15:14
Listened to it at a girlfriend's house, but I don't like it at all. Now I'm no fan of vocals in chill or psytrance for that matter, so it's easily wasted on me ofcourse. There might be some people that get some satisfaction from this, but I'd advise you to listen to it extensilvely before you decide anything. It's one of those albums that can seem nice one day, but become really annoying a few days/listens later.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 17:43
Weak album. True, there's a lot of variety, but to me it feels incredibly messy. It's not that I am against vocals, and Michele has definitely contributed to some very nice tracks over the years - but in my opinion her voice just isn't strong enough to lift a complete album, and it gets very tiring very fast. I really wanted to like this, but honestly I found it one of the biggest disappointments this year.          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 19:10
well i really like it.. beautiful ambient music with great vocals and lyrics...           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Oct 1, 2005 14:39
Quote:

On 2005-09-30 13:40, PKS wrote:
Surprisingly, it is released on the Israeli full on label Agitato Records, but on this album, we only get chilled tracks in various styles and tempo.

Agitato also releases some chill-out compilations once in a while (Chillum series for example).
MARGHERITA
Master Margherita

Started Topics :  156
Posted : Oct 1, 2005 20:26
COOL!!! cd,
she take some riski bissness whit a few diferents styles of music,,, i saw live in swiss & is pretty cool (lap-top/flute & vocals)

Just a question :
she make a track into a chillum releases caled MOON CHILD ? (remix version of a old stuff from KING KRIMSON)

That track is killer,,,,

Thanks           http://mastermargherita.com
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 2, 2005 00:27
Quote:

On 2005-09-30 15:14, Acidhive wrote:

It's one of those albums that can seem nice one day, but become really annoying a few days/listens later.

have to agree on this one. first time listen i was quite impressed. however, after a few more hearing sessions and paying careful attention to her lyrics, i have to add that that "fallen angel" can get easily boring.

her voice is really beautiful, but her singing text is not catchy enough and in some tracks it seems quite senseless (maybe her personal perception, which i don't get) i pr prefer when she chants, she's best at it!!

nevertheless, very well produced album, jonathan from violet vision sure does know how to create a psychedelic chill atmosphere. the last track with hallucinogen and infected is the bomb!!!! reminds me a lot of the track by gray matter found on "Life is Creation" (hommega), which seems to be a inspired by the movie requiem for a dream.

ah yes, saw michele as well live in swiss. really cool intro-to-festival performance, it rocked the crowd!!           www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
RaulJordan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 3, 2005 22:11
I expected more from Michele Adamson's album... Good voice but bad lyrics/text. Sounds for me like if this album was made with the tracks not selected for other releases, because there are better songs from Michele in previous releases.
Psychedelic_Mustache
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 21, 2005 04:03
Michele Adamson - Fallen Angel
Agitato Records, 2005

Michele Adamson has become quite a star with in the realms of psychedelic electronica, doing collaborations with quite a few of the scenes biggest stars. On her debut soloalbum she works with different producers and the result is a varied(Both musically and in quality) album.

The opening track of the album is made by a guy calling him self Mad. The track is quite boring, nothing special here. The type of track you wouldn't notice if it was played in an elevator. Luckily the entire album isn't as bad as this start. The track "Stranded" written by j.viewz is a quality piece of organic electronica, and also one of the tracks where Micheles voice works out pretty good. There are also other really good pieces of music in here, like the beautiful "flutterby" from Doof.

Lyrically Michele Adamson has quite a way to go - she's no psychedelic replica of PJ Harvey or Tori Amos, and her usage of clichés is definently worthy of some critique. All in all, this album isn't as bad as I might make it sound here. There are three or four gems here, but all in all the album is too varied in terms of quality, and half of the tracks are like average yawns. Still - it will definitely be interesting to follow her in the future, and I give her over the average score because the really good tracks here are really good!

Final Score: 6/10

www.psymus.blogspot.com
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 21, 2005 10:30
Well I like it quite much. It's much more varied than the generic chill compilations the scene is flooded with recently..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Mahamudra (Sagiv)
Mahamudra

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 21, 2005 15:32
hmm i was sure track 7 is called "bass junkie" not "Bass jungle" ....           --------------------------------------------
www.myspace.com/mahamudraaa

www.betarecords.com/mahamudra
--------------------------------------------
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Oct 21, 2005 15:35
Quote:

On 2005-10-21 15:32, Mahamudra wrote:
hmm i was sure track 7 is called "bass junkie" not "Bass jungle" ....

its indeed Bass junkie..           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Mahamudra (Sagiv)
Mahamudra

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 21, 2005 15:37
awsome beat and high production imo           --------------------------------------------
www.myspace.com/mahamudraaa

www.betarecords.com/mahamudra
--------------------------------------------
jhanna
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 22, 2005 13:37
i reaally like it,,,, definetely a bass junkie
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Michele Adamson - Fallen Angel (Agitato 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance