Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Releases - "Opening Up" Progressive Set by DJ Krell(Electrobeat/Virus Tekk Records)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

"Opening Up" Progressive Set by DJ Krell(Electrobeat/Virus Tekk Records)

Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 18:45
I have recently recorded this very deep & atmospheric progressive set.

It is based on a set played this summer at moesgaard beach during the morning hours after a faster progressive psy set, and before a chillout set. (its mainly supposed to be played as the last trancy set during the daytime/warm hours).

Im quite happy with the way it turned out, even though the very last beatmix is off slightly (forgive me).

Featured artists include Sub 6, Fitalic, Dousk, Miniloque, Luke Chable, David West, Atmotech + many more.

17 tracks in all. There wont be a track list for this one, the flow is a surprise, which I find very important in a DJ set. If you are truely interested in the experience itself, you will understand this.

Any comments are welcome.

Download - http://www.doei.org/misc/DJ_Krell_-_Opening_Up_-_11-09-05_-_VBR.mp3
Quality - 160/192kbit/s VBR.
File size - 140Mb
Length - 122minutes
Gear - 1 Vestax PMC270a, 2 Pioneer CDJ100s, No Monitors / Headphones only.

Quick Facts about DJ Krell.
DJ since - 1994/95 (Club Nod)
Genres - Full On, Dark Psy, Progressive House/Trance, Chillout & Old School Goa Trance.
Age - 27 years old.
          Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 21:26
People, this really deserves a good listen. Being a friend of him, I might be biased, but I'm very honest when I say that I consider him one of the best psytrance/progressive DJ's in Denmark. He's been a huge inspiration in the beginning of my "career", and this mix with deep, atmospheric, dreamy tunes just underlines his huge talent in mixing, track selection and general feeling of flow in a set.

A highly recommended download!           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
psybratt
Devic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Sep 15, 2005 04:04
DJ Krell

I downloaded your set. It's really nice I must say. Definately deep,atmospheric sounds .. I like the groove and the buildup .. good flow of music .. ..

krell@ good luck with your career ..

profane@ thanks for the recommendation ..

cheers,
Devic
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Sep 15, 2005 20:39
Yes.. this set definatly deserves a good listen.. very deep mixes and a groovy feel to it.. some wierd vocal tracks near the end, but hey, its always fun to try new things..

Hurray for Krell !!           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
Jespar

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 21, 2005 23:29
First of all, being a good friend of Krell, I'd like to point out (which I find important) that I'm writing this as an objective and enthuisastic music-lover - not as a fanboy.

(Concerning the music)
I don't remember a dj-set, which dragged me into a real deep trance, as the case has been with this one (I've already spent a couple of afternoons dancing in my flat).

We're dealing with a solid dream-oriented flow, and presented to some of the warmest and most tear-stained progressive and housy pieces of our present time. I've listened to this mix approximately ten times now, and I find the flow/transitions and especially the trackselection to work very well.

All in all a mix that I wouldn't want anyone to miss

Friendly thoughts,
Jesper.
Mikkel

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 24, 2005 01:33
First of all you have to be willing to spend the time to listen to this piece - and I mean really listen. But the time will be well spent.

I don't really recognize a lot of the tracks which just makes the set even better for me. I think that the trackselection is perfect. All the tracks are without doubt carefully selected and hence the flow is superb.

The mixing as well is great. When I put the set on I don't even notice the mixing.

Anyway, long story short ... trackselection and mixing goes hand in hand in this case.

The set is what I would describe as laidback and subtle. You could easily listen to it lying on the couch as it is very deep and house-orientated. Closed eyes has always been and will always be the best way to pick up as many details as possible - and this set has a lot! Even though I wouldn't mind being on a dancefloor right now.

A big applause to Krell.
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Nov 3, 2005 04:13
Thanks to www.mixupload.com you can now also stream this mix/set.

For streaming, go here.: http://www.mixupload.com/index.php?act=mlite&CODE=playsong&s_id=2195

Also, I have decided to post the tracklist now as well, which I am sure will please a lot of people.

Simply didnt feel right to have a set online, with music made by these brilliant artists without being able to credit them all & their labels as they deserve. So, I can argue with anyone whether to share the tracklist, but I lost the argument with myself in the end you could say

Tracklist

01 John Con Vs Nikola Gala "Swing 2 Harmony(Matthew Dekay Mix)" DK Records
02 Blue Soul "Another Day" Klik Records
03 Espen & Stian "Dominating Male" Vapour Recordings
04 Fitalic "Thought(Atmotech Remix)" Sprout
05 Clubbervision "First Experience" Noctambula Records
06 Jerry Bonham "Seventh Seal (Tweaked Line Mix)" Saw Recordings
07 Dousk "Lovelasting" Blaq Valve Recordings
08 Sub6 "7th Son(Fitalic Remix)" VP Records
09 Tilt "Twelve(Dousk Mix)" Lost Language
10 Greed Feat Lesley "I see you(Miniloque Remix)" SOG Records
11 A. Matsumoto and DJ Yoshi "Dreamer(Luke Chable Remix)" Precinct Records
12 Alexander Kowalski "Belo Horizonte(Album Mix)" Kanzleramt
13 Inkfish vs Martin H "Eye am(David West Mix)" Baroque Records
14 Sultan Feat. Stephanie Vezina "Shivers(Mannel Mix)" Shinichi Recordings
15 Dekay vs Proluctors "Bad" Dekay Records
16 Heiko Laux "Diminuendo" Kanzleramt
17 The Greek Feat Stephanie Vezina "G Pal Strings of Life Mix" Shinichi Recordings

Enjoy           Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Releases - "Opening Up" Progressive Set by DJ Krell(Electrobeat/Virus Tekk Records)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance