Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sesto Sento - Remixer (Com.Pact Records)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sesto Sento - Remixer (Com.Pact Records)

juggler
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 03:02
Promotional Thread

Sesto Sento, the group that is most identified with the new generation...
...of the psychedelic trance movement, revolutionizing the art of sound production oriented for dance and uplifting spirit, holding under their belt a heavy list of artistic accomplishments, are back with a heavy loaded remix's album...

The Remixer includes 9 previously unreleased remixes of Sesto Sento winning hits, each holding a special and unique scent of excellence.

Tracklist

1. Follow me (Sesto Sento rmx)
2. Cookie stealer (GMS rmx)
3. Dive 2 drive (Visual Contact rmx)
4. Primi TB (Aquatica rmx)
5. Omiakon (CPU rmx)
6. Run on green (Protoculture rmx)
7. Teddy enter wonderland (Pop Stream rmx)
8. Godzilla (Apocalypse rmx)
9. Getting fused (Silicon Sound rmx)

Review

I always love the majority of Sesto Sento tracks, now seeing the Remixer track list with some of my favourite trance projects I don’t know what to say…:)

Track 1 Follow Me is remixed by Sesto Sento and in my opinion is different but better than the original, it has more psychedelic sounds, a power and groovy bass too and the final melody has such an energy that makes you fly

Track 2 is Cookie Stealer remixed by GMS and like all the other GMS stuff is very powerful and energetic…it has the original sound that seems like a piano but when the music enters after that has more energy on it.

Track 3 – Dive 2 Drive – remixed by Visual Contact is beautiful, it has that sample voices from the original but in a better mood, with a groovy and power kick bass line, all the track has a great energy and beautiful melodies.

Track 4 is like the other Aquatica stuff very melodic and rhythmic but always with a dark and heavy bassline…here the formula is the same, using the melody from the original track.

Track 5 is the rmx of Omiakon and it’s done by CPU…this is the more night-oriented track of the album…strong and groovy bassline, very psychedelic sounds on it like CPU always does…

Protoculture rmx of Run on Green is in my opinion a bit worse than the original, it has the Protoculture style on it (I like very his style) but I think he can do better…at 3m7s has such a stop on the track that when anyone plays the music at parties all the people thinks that the generator is off.

Track 7 is the Pop Stream rmx of Teddy Enter Wonderland…it has a good and strong bassline, the vocals are in a better position than the original and with good effects, the melodies are nice too, more one great rmx

Track 8 is Godzilla remixed by Apocalypse…great construction, the vocal samples are well too, the bass line is hard and strong, the track is all good but never like the original because the original is the best Sesto Sento track for me till this date

Last track is a great choice to finish this wonderful album...is the remix of Getting Fused by Silicon Sound…very slowly – 138 bpms, progressive bass line, quiet and pacific melodies, all with the Silicon Sound style on it!

After listen it, I think that this album/compilation is the best till the date by Sesto Sento, it has the best tracks of Sesto Sento all remixed by great acts, more one great release by Com.Pact like all the other

8/10

Pedro Gaspar aka Juggler
          DJ JUGGLER (United Beats Rec. / Crystal Matrix)
http://www.facebook.com/djjugglerpt
http://www.facebook.com/jugglingpt
http://www.facebook.com/freakyfiction
http://www.facebook.com/techtwistpt
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 07:00
Sesto Sento Remixer ( Com.Pact , july 2005 )

1. Follow Me rmx 06:54
2. Cookie Stealer (GMS rmx) 06:14
3. Dive to Drive (Visual Contact rmx) 07:49
4. Primi TB (Aquatica rmx) 08:20
5. Omiakon (CPU rmx) 06:54
6. Run on Green (Protoculture rmx) 08:28
7. Teddy Enter Wonderland (Pop Stream rmx) 06:36
8. Goadzilla (Apocalypse rmx) 07:22
9. Getting Fused (Silicon Sound rmx) 07:31

Finally the mailman delivered this piece of plastic at my home... I was waiting for this since last year when I heard the remix of Run on Green at a party. The cover is green and shows a real mix... Inside the folder we can find the ingredients of this perfect recipe. The final mastering was made by Visual Paradox and it´s a good work. There´s no mention to bpms and track times.

Right at the start of the album the Sesto guys present us a remix of Follow Me, one of the best tracks of their debut album. The result makes wonders on dance floor, this remix took everything from the original and mixed it with a groove touch. The second track is a GMS rmx to Cookie Stealer, a track with one of the most impressive basslines ever created. Riktan and Bansi just did it again, and this track has being used as a secret weapon since last year, but I prefer the original. Next we have nothing less that Visual Paradox and Bizarre Contact together, putting every spice they had at home in this remix to an already amazing track: Dive to Drive. The track has the old melodies and the old basslines, plus new melodies and new basslines. If you went to parties you already heard this, it's being played all around the globe and in my opinion its better that the Gataka rmx. Aquatica comes up twisting the melodies of another one of the best Sesto tracks: Primi TB. I love the original and this one is also lovely, specially after the break when it comes back with a real stomper bassline. Next we have a Omiakon remix by CPU. A bit more darker than the previous tracks and with less melodies, this track do it smoothly on the dance floor in spite of it's power. It's a strange track with new samples and basslines, but it's good. Nate aka Protoculture completely perverted an average track from Sesto's debut: Run on Green, transforming it on a dance floor monster. It's my favorite here, works every time, makes me cry at the main break and the well placed sample: "Welcome to Earth!" always summon a smile at my face. Teddy Enter Wonderland is the next track to be upgraded. Pop Stream added new layers of psychedelic noises and effects giving a new breath to the track, I like it. Then Apocalypse, another member of the Com.Pact crew, presents us his remix to Goadzilla. This track is groovier and the samples: "Bad House Music" drop some smiles at the dance floor, the power here is not on the build ups, but on the bass and effects. The last track on this winning album is a groovy Silicon Sound remix Getting Fused, one of my favorite tracks from the Sesto Sento debut album "Inner Light". This track is on the borderline between full on and progressive and is being used to add some power to progressive sets. Also it´s perfect for home listening.

Verdict: 8.5/10. A must have album; there is no better way to describe it. I can easily play most of these tracks in my set, and these days there are few albums out there from which I would play more than one track. In my opinion this is the best Com.Pact release this year. The only drawback here is that we have only 66 minutes of music, why not add another remix?

Favorites: 1(!!!), 2, 3(!!!), 4(!), 5(!), 6(!!!), 7, 9(!).

Recommendation: I recommend this album for anyone who wants a diverse selection of good tracks in a single album. If you're a DJ go for it before it's gone. If you're a psytrance fan it's surely a very good addition to your collection.

Buy it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4969

Also look here:
http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=783
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Oct 20, 2005 20:01
Two months have passed and this release is still growing...

So many good tunes inside it, I like this style...
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Lior (AnandaShake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 22, 2005 08:14
wow wow wow 4 sure i allso like it...realy great music with killer production & great sound...all the best to all com.pact crew with this beutyfull release....shake...!!!           http://www.boadistribution.com/NEWS/UTOPIA/UTPCD%2D13/
sundrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 22, 2005 09:47
i bought this album and i like it too.

song 4 and 5 are my favorite now!
rajatrao2
Inactive User
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 22, 2005 21:01
Nice release com.pact, been waiting for some quality full-on morning for quite some time,you guys sure did deliver... Track 4----> hehe absolutely love this one, cheesy, but so what?
Laters
Rajat
V a R u n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 23, 2005 21:22
This is a very cool release indeed !
Love most of the tracks on the cd and my favourite has to b the first track Follow Me .. nice powerful bassline with floating and uplifting melodies to make u fly
Also i like dive to dive..this one definitely works with the ladies
cookie stealer is also one of my favourites on this cd..

Nice work Compact keep it up

Boom !
Dragongurl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Oct 26, 2005 12:12
Awesome!

Huge Sesto fan and wasnt disappointed at all! Will make anyone happy when they listen to this....dancefloor or home.

LOOOOVE track 5!!!           :: Life can be as bitter as dragon tears
But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet
depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste ::
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Oct 29, 2005 22:15
Ok, this is actually pretty good. Bought it a while back, and even though most of the tracks are quite cheesy, the quality is pretty fucking high compared to other releases with this kind of morning full on - including the last many compilations from Com.Pact.

I would still have preferred a bit more variation though - how about for instance a remix by a progressive artist of "Sestomenros" from the "Made To Measure" compilation? In my opinion this little progressive gem is one of Sesto Sentos's finest tracks to date, and unfortunately very overlooked.

But back to the remixes at hand - my favourites are by Aquatica, Protoculture and Silicon Sound, but also Pop Stream, Sesto Sento themselves and surprisingly also GMS do a fairly good job. Biggest disappointment is Visual Contacts remix of "Dive To Drive", which is way too "killargh" for my liking, and totally wrecks the almost sad and melancholic breakdown, that made the original one of my favourite Sesto Sento tunes.

But overall a very solid morning full on compilation - and they're pretty rare these days. Thumbs up for the cover as well: It's very corny, but hey - I find it quite funny, and it certainly doesn't look like the usual fractal or random 3d-shapes covers.
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sesto Sento - Remixer (Com.Pact Records)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance