Author

how old is shpongle

kin beat
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 13:49
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 09:55, traveller wrote:
I'm Paco Lucia and I want some god damn money right now!

R u talking about paco de lucia the guitar player....           www.instagram.com/ckloro
www.twitter.com/ckloro
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jul 27, 2005 21:00
Colin = Skazi = Goa Gil's lost son.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
floatyhippyflower

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 03:27
Colin = Skazi? Now that's harsh...........
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 04:02
Harsh but fair. At last my secret can be told - I am Goa Gil's lovechild and have been living a secret life as my globe-trotting axe-weilding alter-ego Asher Swisser, as well as a mild-mannered music tech tutor in rural English primary schools. My father had an affair with wife of the leading supplier of vinyl to Indian record pressing plants 30(ish) years ago and I was the result. Keeping my double lives going has meant considerable juggling of lifestyles, including enormous use of private air travel and a considerable investment in certain Southern American businesses (it's the only place that still makes Spandex). Writing two such different styles of music has also taken its toll, to the extent that I have become unable to create a straight 16ths bassline without wearing my sunglasses. However since Voice of Cod is based in the UK, bright sunlight is not a problem and I have been able to create some more interesting rhythms with that project. I have also recently become allergic to the laquer on the back of my guitar which has meant I cannot stand with my legs together while holding it; it's an embarrasing problem but as I have been unable to get laid for nearly a year now, no-one has noticed the disfiguring rash on the inside of my thighs. The only thing that keeps me going is MSN, where I can at last shed the guise of Skazi that has become such a burden, and relax into my real identity as I chat and make new friends in a world where no-one cares how many times in the last year you've been to Brazil.

So that's my secret... it feels so good to be unburdened. At last I can lay Skazi to rest, trim the beard under my bottom lip and stop shaving my armpits.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
floatyhippyflower

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 14:28
Quote:

On 2005-07-28 04:02, Colin OOOD wrote:
Harsh but fair. At last my secret can be told - I am Goa Gil's lovechild and have been living a secret life as my globe-trotting axe-weilding alter-ego Asher Swisser, as well as a mild-mannered music tech tutor in rural English primary schools. My father had an affair with wife of the leading supplier of vinyl to Indian record pressing plants 30(ish) years ago and I was the result. Keeping my double lives going has meant considerable juggling of lifestyles, including enormous use of private air travel and a considerable investment in certain Southern American businesses (it's the only place that still makes Spandex). Writing two such different styles of music has also taken its toll, to the extent that I have become unable to create a straight 16ths bassline without wearing my sunglasses. However since Voice of Cod is based in the UK, bright sunlight is not a problem and I have been able to create some more interesting rhythms with that project. I have also recently become allergic to the laquer on the back of my guitar which has meant I cannot stand with my legs together while holding it; it's an embarrasing problem but as I have been unable to get laid for nearly a year now, no-one has noticed the disfiguring rash on the inside of my thighs. The only thing that keeps me going is MSN, where I can at last shed the guise of Skazi that has become such a burden, and relax into my real identity as I chat and make new friends in a world where no-one cares how many times in the last year you've been to Brazil.

So that's my secret... it feels so good to be unburdened. At last I can lay Skazi to rest, trim the beard under my bottom lip and stop shaving my armpits.

Colin sweetie, you unfold like a flower.

Oh yeah and by the way, I'm Raja Ram 3;~
e-motion
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 17:12
i've met chicago in boom... right in the middle of the dance floor after his set hehe
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jul 28, 2005 21:03
Colin The relief feels great isn't it? But tell me, how were you able to fake dreadlocks? You should go to Hollywood with such skills.

Quote:

On 2005-07-28 17:12, e-motion wrote:
i've met chicago in boom... right in the middle of the dance floor after his set hehe

Can you sign my air guitar?           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jul 29, 2005 09:17
Quote:

On 2005-07-27 13:49, kin beat wrote:

R u talking about paco de lucia the guitar player....

Yes that's me and I never got my cut!           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Ket Sci
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Nov 4, 2009 08:34
i'm sure that was only due to bad PR skills ...           reclaimtheswastika.com
blom

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 5, 2009 16:57
hehehehe this thread is Classic thanks you guys
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Nov 5, 2009 20:01
Shpongle has no age.

I heard that the way they create music is something in the line of Raja Ram draw creative drawings and Simon Posford makes music out of his drawings and abstract way of trying to explain how something should sound. Hence the special music we have the pleasure of hearing.

Question, does anyone know where the 'Room 23' track name comes from? I was staying at a hotel close to Notting Hill this weekend and there was a strange located room close to my room that had the sign 'Room 23' on it .. I guess this is just coincident, but I would very much like to get the story behind the name.

From Wiki: The song whose name is most often stated as "Room 23" appears on the back cover of the album with the name "Room 2Aum", where the character "ॐ" (The Aum/Om sign) that partially looks like the digit "3" is actually the Om, the sacred eternal sound in Hinduism.

I'm feeling very shpongled.
Smashed,mashed, completely geschtonkenflapped.

To be shpongled is to be kippered, mashed, smashed, destroyed

COMPLETELY GESCHTONKENFLAPPED

Feel so smooth.....Everything tingling
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJs & Artists - how old is shpongle
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance