Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Classics of the Future (Which will be Yours?)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Classics of the Future (Which will be Yours?)

----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 7, 2005 02:33
I was reading the petition thread for Pleiadians' 'IFO' and all the superlatives being heaped on it - and it got me thinking ( i hate it when that happens ).

Which (if any) of the albums released in the past year or so will still be being admired and talked about in 8 years time. I know there are many good (even great) albums around at the moment but will you still be listening to them (or even remember them) in a few years time - let alone 8.

Which ones really stand out from the crowd, innovating or taking existing styles to new heights?

Obviously taste comes into it - if you don't like a particular genre of music you will hate an album however good others think it is - but i thought it would be interesting to see what people think.

Here are a couple that came to my mind:

Melodrama by Vibe Tribe

I know there will be people (especially those kraaazy dark-psy guys) that dismiss this as 'cheesy fluff' but for myself and many others that like uplifting electronic music with excellent wall-to-wall melodies - this album sets a monumental benchmark.

I think i can honestly say that i haven't been this impressed by a debut album of 'electronic' music since... i don't know... Robert Miles' 'Dreamland' in 1996. I grew up in the 70s listening to people like Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre and Tangerine Dream and ever since then i've loved music with great melodies. In those days this type of music was harder to find than rocking-horse shit but now its '10-a-penny'. I really got into Goa and psy-trance in the mid 90s when DJs like Paul Oakenfold started putting it in their sets and the main reason I did so was because it had good melodies. I know there are people out there that hate the way the scene is changing at the moment but personally i couldn't be happier - and for me anyway, albums like this one are the icing on the cake.

To be honest, i'm not sure whether this will ever be considered a classic but i know i'll still be listening to it for many years to come.

Retrofuturism by Benza

This is what i'd call 'proper' modern psy-trance - but unlike a lot of stuff that's usually considered to be psychedelic these days, it doesn't just sound like a bunch of random squeaks, squelches and whizzes. It is psychedelic music with true emphasis on the word 'music' - and what great music it is! If someone i didn't know asked me right now what psychedelic music in 2005 sounded like i would probably say 'who the hell are you and how did you get in my house!?' but eventually i would give them this album to see for themselves.

I'm sure that if i'm still here in 8 years time, this one will be playing on my Apple 'Brainpod' implant lol.

Which current albums do you think will stand the test of time - and most importantly - why?           Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jul 7, 2005 08:14
@dawn
agree with u on melodrama really has dat emotin part attached to it gives me like goosebumps sumtimes
1 more i wud like to add is jaia - fiction
really liked it very much too unique
peace
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 7, 2005 22:38
Quote:

On 2005-07-07 08:14, sure_smoke_alot wrote:
@dawn
agree with u on melodrama really has dat emotin part attached to it gives me like goosebumps sumtimes
1 more i wud like to add is jaia - fiction
really liked it very much too unique
peace

Yeah, i've heard a few people say that about this album. Also agree about the Jaia album - even if it isn't remembered as a classic it will definitely be remembered as one of the best produced albums of 2005.

Thinking about it, i'd like to add another to the list -

Pure Blue by Electro Sun

I thought this was a brilliant debut album - especially considering the guy is only about 17! This is another very melodic high-energy album that gets called cheesy - i think i remember someone even calling it amateurish. Well, in my opinion anyway, if this is amateurish then more professionals should try being ‘amateurish’. I’m sure there will be ‘psy purists’ that say this kind of stuff is too clubby and commercial, but who gives a monkeys - it's a bloody good album!

Again, maybe a bit too 'lightweight' to be called a classic but it's one i've listened to a lot since it was released and i can't see me stopping any time soon.
          Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
crovax

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 7, 2005 23:01
Well my favourite all time classic must be Toi Doi - Technologic from 98. This album is non stop energy all the way through and takes me to places most psytrance doesen't.
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 04:09
i think anything with great melodies will be memorable, because that's very meaning of music.           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 05:04
@Dawn
I wud agree with u abt the Benza album. Its got a very slinky smooth vibe. More for home listenin than doofin at a party. Very mordern sounds.

here my choices..

TALPA - The Art of Being Non
( Somethn abt his very kooky style. Very operatic)

OPTOKOPPLER - Replugged
(This is a class morning melodic album. Class!! )

COSMA - Nonstop.
(A Goa influence with a melancholy style and a dash of melody. A recipe for a classic)

RINKADINK - Rabbit from the Darkside
(He set a trend with this album)

SPHONGLE - Nothing Lasts..
( In continuation with all their albums)
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 12:02
Quote:

On 2005-07-07 02:33, ----Dawn---- wrote:

Which (if any) of the albums released in the past year or so will still be being admired and talked about in 8 years time. I know there are many good (even great) albums around at the moment but will you still be listening to them (or even remember them) in a few years time - let alone 8.

I don't listen to any albums from the Trance scene 8 years ago NOW, (it sounds rubbish ) So I don't think there will be anything in 8 years time. Well maybe Son Kite 'Colours'
          http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 14:04
Cosma album, last Shulman album, Shpongle 3.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 14:59
I agree on Son Kite - Colours with you Glen. And I'd like to add: Beat Bizarre - Pandoras Groovebox & Somersault Industries. At least I know I'll still be playing (and ejoying) these albums in the years to come. (There are more releases that I feel good about, but I can't be bothered to list them all here)
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 16:27
non stop - cosma (very deep emotional tracks..i like it a lot)

music 4 quigong dancing - star soundz orchestra (cause they are the ones that opened boom fest 2004, and they sure gave a different thought abou them..really great music!)

brutal beats - seroxat - an "upcoming" dude that gave real nice night music

a few ones..           ...
Xtc's

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 22:31
Tryptich - Electrology --=very fresh album in the scene those days with a lot of killer melodies and an amazing production=--
Tikal - Carnaval --=amazing feel emanate from this release, very unique and modern type of psytrance 4 me, mixing a lot of elements and sounds=--
Shpongle - Nothing Last --=No words (all has been said)=--
Infected Mushroom - Im the Supervisor --= Besides that im a huge fan of them, really original album, a lot of people say that its their more comercial release so far and i totally agree if comercial means original, emotional, modern & well produced music =--
MooMachine(MOICH)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jul 9, 2005 15:57
kuro - the revolution 1995

yeahhhhh!!!!

atTECH!!!
parapsyched
Scratch 22

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 9, 2005 16:21
for me it`s juno reactor - bible of dreams. the all time classic. its music not just trance.
and besides that - parasense first album!!!
tim sculdt - single collection
dark soho - sun spot

and ofcourse the first and second shpongle.           if u dig deep enough u just might reach the sky...

"dream is destiny"

http://www.scratch-22.com
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jul 9, 2005 18:59

SUB 6 - Who nees love songs
THE MISTED MUPPET - frome the legend
FREq - strage attractors
SHUNMAN - in search of a meaningful moment
LISH albums

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Classics of the Future (Which will be Yours?)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance