Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

www.PATHAAN.com

PATHAAN
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 17, 2005 13:44
Namaste, Salaam, Shalom & Hi,
Apologies for the impersonal nature of this message !
I hope this finds you, your friends and family in good health......

Some of you will know me and others won’t; apologies for any intrusion !! A friend who uses this forum, suggested I did and the best way to introduce myself, I thought was this........
My third double mix cd in the SUNSET series for ALTURA will be released late JUNE/early JULY 2005 called PATHAAN’S UNIVERSAL SUNSET..........

See my website for more details....

Here’s are some quotes about last summer’s GLOBAL SUNSET :

"I drop the CDs into the cartridge in the car and am instantly transported through the crack between the worlds to a summer dawn or dusk in the Himalayas, when the heat and madness of the day are abated, drawn from the root chakra between my legs, all the way through my heart chakra to the crown, towards the temple of my inner nightclub, where, bounced by the beats and soothed by the voices so masterfully melded, I come to a state of peace with myself and the world !"
THE BAREFOOT DOCTOR

"Pathaan is steadily building a reputation to rival the great Jose Padilla in the chill out stakes. Having debuted at the legandary Asian fusionist club Swaraj that exploded out of the East End he went on to run his own label Stoned Asian Music and DJ on tour with David Bowie. This 2 cd set (Sunset/Sunrise) seemlessly fuses world music with electronica thanks to contributions from Massive Attack, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Ben Onono. It is a true stand out amongst the sea of coffee table chill collections. Pathaan’s summer looks busy too with appearances lined up at Big Chill, The Glade Festival and The Festival Of World Music following his recent success at Glastonbury. Light up and relax ! "
PETE TONG - BBC Radio 1

"Pathaan does it again, going global with a stunning set of third and first world music that all but defies categorisation. Forget tired distinctions between 'east' and 'west', authentic versus electronic instruments or notions of tribal or religious allegiance; these two dozen tunes and instrumentals belong everywhere and if there's any justice they should make you happy at sunset and inspire you at sunrise. whether it's morning, noon or night".
DAVE SWINDELLS - Timeout

"It's great to hear the chillout maestro spread his wings and incorporate lushly orchestrated soundbytes from Arabia, Africa, and beyond. Lovers of Pathaan's acclaimed Stoned Asia Music series will lap up this latest global addition to an increasingly impressive back catalogue of ethereal sounds."
PHIL MEADLEY - The Independent

"As a correspondent I have reported on the war on terror, I have seen it's effects first hand in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bali and Iraq. Pathaan's music reminds me that there is another world, held together by amazing music, serious beats not suicide bombs. We need that universal language of music now more than ever and Pathaan is it's beat driven ambassador."
IMRAN KHAN – BBC Writer and Broadcaster

"Intense exotic vibes from the master of the global muse...." PETE LAWRENCE -The Big Chill

You can also tune into MinistryOfSoundRadio.com every two weeks for my regular live show 'Pathaan's Eclectic Mix'.
Next show is TODAY at 2pm GMT. Tune in; be great to hear from you. Thanks to ISRATRANCE and you for your time !!! ________________________________________________________
Music is a means to strengthen and revitalize the spirit..............

Peace, Love & Understanding
Kind regards

Pathaan
Head of A & R Stoned Asia Music/Globetronica

For music, gigs and much more see :

www.pathaan.com

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 17, 2005 21:56
For anyone who hasnt already done so - strongly suggest getting hold of any of Pathaan's mix Cds or his Stoned Asia series - great stuff. The mixes that have most inspired me over the last year or two have been by Pathaan and Norman Jay - both very ecletic with a great ear for tune (though I'm not sure how many isratrancers would be into the Norman Jay stuff) .

One of my fave festival momments of recent years was waking up just after dawn at Samothraki in 2002 - it was very late summer and the leaves had just turned, the ocean was gently crashing in the background and Pathaan was playing some beautiful tunes... I'll remember that for some years to come..

djsoma

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 18, 2005 10:38
Funny coincidence... Just a few days ago I was reading a lot of information about you in your website and Ministry of Sound website. Seems like you have a same kind of mission that I have, to bring quality electronic music around the world to the ears of the wider audience. Hope you manage to do it without losing your touch to the real innovations that keep on coming from the underground all the time.

I remember Adham Shaikh in Samothraki 2003 who was very proud to announce that his Sufi Spin was licensed to Stoned Asia 4... And there's another track from him (Somptin Hapnin [Ganesh Mix]) in your new "Tandava" mix-cd. And there's also this "Gaurav Raina Breaks Mix" of Karsh Kale's Letting Go, one of my favourite tracks of all time. Great contributions from you!

Hope you stay cool inside despite all the big things happening in your life, and keep on radiating warmth and beauty in your dj-sets.           http://musicandhappylife.blogspot.com/
djsoma@gmail.com
PATHAAN
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 23, 2005 15:21
Salaam, Namaste, Shalom & Hi,

Thankyou for your kind and supporting words.
PLEASE help spread the love....

Peace, Love & Understanding
Kind regards

Pathaan
Head of A & R Stoned Asia Music/Globetronica

For music, gigs and much more see :

www.pathaan.com

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 25, 2005 18:47
Hiya,

Great to read about you again; nice & simple website !!! Do not be alarmed but your name is growing fast and about time too [those Stoned Asia Music releases rock], so the people who sign up to this forum also need to know. I must say i've been a fan from some distance for a few years, ever since you released 'Pathaan's Smallworld'. Really looking forward to 'UNIVERSAL SUNSET' ; the third in the series. I hope it reaches the musical heights your other releases have reached even though I'm sure it will;roll on late June/early July.

Thankyou so much PATHAAN for bringing so much joy into mine and my many friends lives, who also btw regularly tune into your show. Many of my girlfriends adore you and your sound..........oh and that TANDAVA release is exquisite !

Much love, boom shanti !

Your Sophia............x
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 25, 2005 19:00
Tandava is in fact a good mix CD..!

BUT, I was hoping that a mix cd from a label A&R would feature more UNRELEASED/exclusive tracks or versions...

Nonetheless, it it flows and sounds good, and should be quite mind-blowing for the aforementioned 'wider audience'.

good luck!
BillieSophia

Posted : May 25, 2005 19:11
Exactly, I'm glad you agree !

Exclusive tracks are better I agree, but Pathaan has been releasing quality compliations and mixes for a few years now ,so I'm sure this was thought about; and bottom line is, the flow and selection just oozes with musical beauty !!

Sophia
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 26, 2005 15:53
Quote:
Nonetheless, it it flows and sounds good, and should be quite mind-blowing for the aforementioned 'wider audience'.

Its always worth remembering that the worldwide audience who are really into, and but a lot of, chillout/downtempo stuff is very very small indeed - most folk who buy chillout comps just have one or two as their "chillout" CDs for post party or Sunday afternoons - so wont have or even be awre of most of the tracks - released or not.

i've had similar quandires when putting mix CDs together - thinking - sh*t there's one or two LSD & Interchill tracsk on there - its bit obvious - then realising thats its probably only obvious to 40 other people in the UK - it'll be completely new to most other people who listen to the CD.

Ahmad

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 26, 2005 17:56
Hear, hear........whilst trying to release music that is up front, I suppose there must be a certain goal to educate as well !!

Believe me, when I say this guy PATHAAN has definitely opened up a whole new world of music for me !!

Just check out his 'eclectic' radio show on Ministry of Sound radio for starters with archived mixes too; his taste and selections ROCK !!!!

Big up Isratrance and the forum
BillieSophia

Posted : Jun 8, 2005 12:52
Hi
Really looking forward to Pathaan's fortnightly show. The next live show being on Tuesday 14th btw 2pm & 4pm GMT.

Tune in and help build the tribe !
Yours................BillieSophia..........x
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jun 11, 2005 23:48
Man.. i just cannot get enuf of pathaan's Stoned Asia series..
Soo Good !!!!!

good luck man..           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
super woman

Posted : Jun 12, 2005 08:21
good luck
super woman

Posted : Jun 12, 2005 08:21
good luck
BillieSophia

Posted : Jun 14, 2005 21:50
Hiya,

Did anyone listen to Pathaan's show on Ministry of Sound Radio today ?

AWESOME !!!!

Sophia
Ahmad

Posted : Jun 30, 2005 17:07
Words cannot describe how I feel !

I've just finished listening to your 'Universal Sunset' double mix cd and have to say it's brilliant and a fantastic edition to the series. Your musical taste brings out so many emotions; thankyou and well done !!

People, listen up - everyone of this forum should get a copy and judge for yourself.

Pathaan, you are a musical guru as far as I'm concerned and your style and taste rocks..........thanks again.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - www.PATHAAN.com

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance