Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - IMPORTANT!!! the best documentary on LSD: "LSD: The Beyond Within"
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

IMPORTANT!!! the best documentary on LSD: "LSD: The Beyond Within"

psy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 1, 2005 10:47
The BBC did am awesome documentary on acid back in the 80s, featuring extensive interviews with albert hoffman.

i heartily recommend it. many people don't do the large doses (e.g. a full hoffman) because it has a reputation for being unsafe. but if you don't feel "at one with the universe", as hoffman describes his experience, you didn't really do acid. and people are just unaware of it because acid these days is so weak and has bad reputation that it's become the norm to take only a little bit. so after seeing the film i realized doing little acid is NOT DOING ACID.

you see all these amazingly intelligent people explain that "with acid, we found a new way to THINK", and you realize how radical the experience can be. although the quantity issue is only implied in the film this is in my opinion the important lesson to learn from it.

There is also an extremely interesting interview with Ken Kesey, author of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest", who introduced acid to the masses. there is an archive piece of timothy leery. and the famous interview with lord mcmahoon with the hallucinogen quote "imagine a circle with a fine split in it, and in one side of the circle is sanity..."

ultra interesting.           i love it when the sun comes up
acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 1, 2005 12:27

The things you talk about is true but for
the most of people a dose more than 100mics
is strong and if you wana make a real trip you need more than 250mics.
No everybody can handle this.
You must have make some self experiments before you make a real trip and this is painfull sometimes..
Today the most of ppl I know use it only for fun not for esoteric knowlege
Anyway keep search the web and you will find
a lot of interesting things about acid..
the medison who can change the word!

Open your mind...
pr0fane

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 1, 2005 13:24
Hi there, psy - I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to lock this topic.

Isratrance is a site dedicated to music, and topics purely concerning drugs aren’t welcome. We are of course well aware that some people in the scene are using different drugs, but there are other sites on the internet dedicated to in-depth information and discussions about the use/dosage etc. of drugs like LSD, and I will kindly suggest you to take this discussion to one of these sites           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
pr0fane

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 1, 2005 18:30
This topic is remaining locked, but psy wrote me a private message, and by request I am posting it in this thread.

Quote:

On 2005-05-01 14:46, psy wrote:
first of all, sorry for the acid thread if it's out of policy.

second of all, i fully agree with the second posting in the thread, that it should be done safely and all that. i did post safety precautions when i posted info about this documentary in a kundalini yoga forum (the acid effect is called "samadhi" in yoga, and naturally its description is relevant for the yoga people also when it is induced chemically). I didn't address the safety issue because i assumed people on this website know their drugs. I think now that i was wrong and so again i apologize. drugs should be done responsibly and conservatively.

lastly i will try to convince you to re-think your policy and/or to allow it in a different framework than the thread i proposed. to get to the bottom of this it is best really if you see the docuemntary in question (widely available on eMule). here's the story as i see it: all electronic music was called "acid" until the end of the 80s, and the success of early trance music is intimately related to the synesthesia (sense mixup) effect acid has, that trance helps bring out. to top that, i got the impression that the isratrance spirit is not so much full-on but more in the psy/prog circles, where acid is the DOMINANT drug. you might say that the good (read: underground) parties are in large ACID PARTIES. i had an interesting conversation yesterday in the doof fest while double REL was playing with a good friend who went to the boom last summer. it concerned the prog/full-on divide, and how in europe experiencing acid does not involve stomping yourself half to death. a party is as much a setting for taking drugs as it is for dancing, lets not put our heads in the sand here. drugs are mentioned WIDELY in party review threads.

please don't feel rushed to answer this PM. by all means take the time to watch the documentary in question to get a "feel" of what i'm getting at. my purpose was to let fellow trance lovers deepen their perception of what acid AND trance can do to you.

i will not post this on the forums as not to be out of policy again. but i would be very happy if you would be willing to post this in my name to the original thread as a quote.

and watch that film.

DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - IMPORTANT!!! the best documentary on LSD: "LSD: The Beyond Within"

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance