Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - J.Viewz – Muse Breaks (Deeplay Records, 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

J.Viewz – Muse Breaks (Deeplay Records, 2005)

Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 16:20
1 Under The Sun
2 Muse Breaks
3 Worth Light
4 When Silent It Speaks
5 Your Country
6 Room For Me, Room For Sweets
7 Meantime
8 Sunswoop
9 Feeler
10 Two Steps Away
11 Protected
12 Hidden Track 5:56

Well well, the anticipation is over and the debut J.Viewz album is on my CD-ROM. Wouldn’t be correct to mention how much I waited for this album to arrive. Some really high expectations are on this piece of plastic…
The album is being released after several teasers appeared on several compilations in the last few months. Esta on Natural Born Chillers (Aleph Zero Records) and a Remix to Bluetech’s Prayers For Rain (on Aleph Zero as well). The question is simple. Is it good?
Yes, it is good. It’s tasty, emotional and eclectic trip. The whole 64 minutes it runs.
But J.Viewz is not only one man effort. Jonathan teamed up with various collaborators, most notably Noa Lambersky that contributed her vocals in several tracks, the unstoppable Michele Adamson, Odelya Nini (Achinoam Nini’s sister perhaps?), Chulu and a bunch of another musicians. Would be silly to go through all the tracks and mention the merits of each. They all are very good and suitable for different moods. From the Ibizan Chill out of Under The Sun, Garage vibes on Muse Breaks and emotionally charged Worth Light and When Silence It Speaks
to Jazz-housey Meantime, Sunswoop and Two Steps Away. All very well crafted and enjoyable. I really hope that this amazing album will reach as much listeners as possible. That’s probably the reason why Jonathan picked more mainstream label, the Swedish Deeplay Records. Although, I must admit, I never heard about it and don’t know neither of its artsts but I really really hope it will break through. With proper promotion this album may and should reach wide audiences.
Solid 5 stars from me

Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 18:14
Very Good album. Fusion of breaks beat Chill Out & Jazz.

Worth the 80 NIS.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 18:18
Yeah, I'm glad I purchased it also.
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 19:13
the sample in "protected" is beautifullll

and this is amazing album.. beautiful music..

i'll rate it 9/10           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
NeutroN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 23:45
where can I actually get this album? tried a lot of online stores and nothing.

in advance           "Great things are only possible with outrageous requests." Thea Alexander
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 23:59
www.amazon.com          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Apr 24, 2005 13:44
this is the cd i've listened to the most over the last month. amazing work, reminds me of Zero 7, but more varied. very interesting listenning to, Jonathan Dagan (also Violet Vision) and his friends prove us again that good things do come out of israel, and it doesn't have to be full on. u can already listen to muse breaks on 88FM ( in my opinion, the best commercial radio station in israel). also,i'll easily rate it 9/10.
hoffman angels

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 24, 2005 19:33
great work.profesional music .
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 11, 2005 20:39
As shulman said, this is what music is all about... 9/10.           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : May 11, 2005 22:03
definitely one of the better albums released this year..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : May 12, 2005 11:52
i'm very much in love with this piece of art, the music enchants the listener with a full spectrum of instruments and vocals as well as with a very high level of production.

this is the right album to enter a dream           www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
Hagai
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 12, 2005 18:13
J.Viewz - Muse Breaks
Label: Deeplay Music, Sweden
Year: April 2005

J.Viewz is the less known side project of Jonathan Dagan, 1/2 Violet Vision. and I for one only got to know him from his number in V.A. - Natural Born Chillers comp. (J.Viewz - Eshta), and as it turned out to be, he released material on big labels such as Candyflip, Liquid Sound Design, YoYo, Aleph Zero of course, and HomMega. And honestly, after hearing this album, I can understand why this debut album was so waited for by many. This guy has a HUGE talent, and to tell the truth, I'm not sure I'd know this is an Israeli artist if I hadn't told before, very different sound from what we are used to hear in our area. it sounds highly professional, and doesn't fall from any international big names standard, and the whole thing is mastered in Infected Studios by Erez Aizen, so you are surely to get a product of the highest quality.
The main line here of the music is Chill-Out and Electro, but varied, and range many strong elements of Trip - Hop, Drum 'n' Bass, Jazz, House, Breaks, Lounge etc. and it all sounds wonderful together and all the album has a very good flow all together. Enough talking, let's start the journey :

1. Under the Sun (5:19)

Opens up this album is a sunny Under the Sun, a very laid back piece, and honestly, I don't think this one takes himself too much seriously. it creates a nice warm feeling but not anything too deep and touching. and as for the lyrics (vocals by Noa Lembersky), as in almost every number in this album, i'm afraid, I think their main goal, is to just try and sound very cool and fit, then have any true meaning at all, but it just my opinion anyway. it has a nice use of pads, and in the peak of the song violins - like are thrown in to add for the overall good feeling, I like to consider this one as a Bacardi - Breezer - nice to sit with in a sunny day in the beach, tasty, smooth, joyful, mellow, not strong not too weak, just something for the background (not that I drink Breezer, hehe)
Nice open to the album, but I do prefer other parts of the album better.

2. Muse Breaks (5:09)

One of my favorites here, very solid and groovy, Break - Beatish piece, that sounds overall very cool together. the lyrics again (vocals by Noa Lembersky) doesn't say much too me, but it sounds very cool and in place. Another vocals sung by Chulu are thrown inside with a heavy Rasta effect. Then it all breaks suddenly, and a trumpet playes a deep, sad, Jazzy part, that gives you the feeling as if your sitting in an Ibizian beach (again) watching the sunset. But the overall atmosphere here is a bit sad, maybe melancholic sitting in a dark, gloomy, Jazz club in a rainy day.
the guitars at the end, gives this one a good finish, clean and smooth.

3. Worth Light (5:01)

And we move on to the warm Worth Light, a very intimate piece, starting with some guitars in the background, a nice feeling, and very warm and uplifting, good lush singing done by Odeya (Odelya?) Nini, is very soothing and pleasing to the ear. Then again that Jazz part and that Ibiza feeling once again, but then again I have to admit this is perfect music for this kind of mood. I don't know if it's just me, but the whole theme itself sounds to me as something Infected Mushroom would come up with. Then again, maybe it's just me ļ

4. When Silent it Speaks (5:19)

Opens up with percussion, and light guitars, and few acoustic tools, this one gets you flowing to an exotic distant place. very warm and touching. It continues to flow, and Ethnic elements blends in perfectly, some good singing by Noa, and other vocals with a twisted effect complete the overall feeling. some more strong Electro touches, makes this one of the best songs here, and it will maybe sounds funny, but I guess this is what the Fools of the Prophecy will sound like if going Electro, hehe !

5. Your Country (4:34)

This is something very different from most of the stuff here, it starts with weird pads, and clocks ticking, and a deep Electro feel. very laid back Electro. this one, unlike the 4 other songs before, sounds very cold and melancholic, with disoriented vocals, although Muse Breaks was melancholic too, this one is totally cold as ice. It contains a brilliant sample "I think you can have all the greatest technology in the world, but at the end of the day, it's the human being that makes the music", and also contains lyrics besides. A beautiful piano enters slowly, and is following the song to it's end smoothly, I didn't like this bit at first, but now I'm loving it ļ

6. Room For Me, Room For Sweets (6:19)

This gem was appeared before on V.A. - Life is... Creation (YoYo Records) about almost 2 years ago, and it sounds very up to date even now. A slow and moody number starts with some bells ringing, slowly builds and evolve and you can hear a pale piano in the background, gloomy. a wonderful singing by Noa, very deep and moving, and contains an absolute Breaks elements.
Very good song, it gives you a very distant atmosphere, like someplace far away, truly divine.

7. Meantime (6:30)

A really weird piece of Electro, it's weird and funky as hell. It begins with deep, emotional pads, very bright and shining, yet very gentle. After a while disoriented vocals enters, and a sweet piano plays softly, a spacey feeling. good vocals, and overall nice feeling, and enjoyable, but nonetheless, nothing really special I guess.

8. Sunswoop (6:02)

This is one of my favorites here, it's one of the best stuff I had the chance to listen to lately, it's a crazy, delicious, funky as hell, Jazzy part with Electro elements , great percussion, vocals by Michele Adamson, and a great groove to it. It's different from all the rest, as it's fast paced, and really delightful, it twists and turns all over the place, and it throws some Ethnic element just to complete the whole wonderful picture, it's a carnival really. and it's beautiful. it sounds as if Mr. Oizo (you remember this funny yellow guy from MTV?) is going crazy (and Electro) !!

9. Feeler (4:15)

This is a sweet little piece, very laid back and is pure Chill-Out, truly feeler ļ begins with smooth pads, and flows gently to a slow beat, extremely relaxing. We got Michele Adamson vocals in here too. a beautiful guitar is playing, as it twists a bit and slowly drifting to the next song.

10. Two Steps Away (4:50)

This here is another one of my favorites, and it's an incredible tune ! not by mistake I find myself singing and humming it to myself here and there, this is truly magnificent. A percussion welcomes us, and some distorted vocals in the background, really cool vocals sang by Noa here, this is funky, and a bit faster then the rest, and a really catchy one at that. Great piano lines all around, and it create an atmosphere of an Ibizian Jazz club ! groovy and enjoyable, this is pure joy. Then all of a sudden, claps! As if it was recorded live ! and I don't think it is really ! really unique and innovative, I'm more then happy to hear these sort of things, good work ! more of this please. funky guitar and piano continue raging, and again the claps, this is really something, I'm loving every minute of it.

11. Protected + Bonus Track (11:33)

The last gem is Protected (3:46), a short little Chill piece, that reminds me of a bedtime song, and it really sounds to me like Bedtime Story by Younger Brother. It has long sample, maybe a bit too long, but nice.
Then we have a small break, for about a minute, and the bonus track begins :
Which is another Chilli piece, very slow and gentle, as if your just floating in outer space. A little urban sounds is added for the overall distant feeling, and a chorus can be heard, it continue floating, with nowhere specific to go or somewhere to be late too, and slowly merges to thin air, great ending to a great album.

Bottom Line: This is a journey for the mind and spirit, through different music styles and varied moods, it is very different, original, and varied music. Every track, got a life of it's own, and they all sound pretty different from one another. This is highly enjoyable, and is perfect for home listening, chilling out, the beach, a pub, or just passing a smoke with good friends. But do not be mistaken, this is not Elevator music, although very good to be played in the background, this is highly deep and spiritual, that takes itself very seriously, and help create a lot of different moods and the atmospheres it creates are mainly those of Ibizian beach clubs and smokey Jazz clubs, it's highly relaxing and soothing.
I think Jonathan is a great musician, and this is wonderful MUSIC, and not some occasional smooth pads with low beat, like a lot of Chill-Out I've heard before. this here is truly unique and combines the use of live elements, vocals, and many different cross genres. This is one of the best stuff I ever heard before, and extremely recommend this to whoever consider himself an Electro freak, Psy head of any sort, and music lovers.

Favorites: 2(!), 3, 4, 5, 6, 8(!), 10(!), 12
Final Score: 8.5/10

The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 12, 2005 23:22
One thing though; I really love this album, but i could have wished for something a little bit more psychedelic. I really know that j.viewz can make psy-music that can compete with shpongle, entheogenic, shulman, Ott and bluetech... I hope that the next album will be a psychedelic pearl as well as a musical pearl and then I am certain it will be a instant masterpiece 10/10.

Love.
          "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
lusty_freak
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 30, 2005 07:22
This album is definitly one of my favourite of the year!

A true masterpiece!

I just hope that this one it's the first from many to come in the future!           En Sof Future Events:

- 29th January 2010 - Return To The Source @ Porto Rio

www.facebook.com/ensofpt
www.myspace.com/ensofproductions
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jun 3, 2005 20:34
This album is awesome.!!
my fav is 'Room with me".. what a voice.. who is that..sounds sort of like the bird from cranberries...

Im in love with this track !!           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - J.Viewz – Muse Breaks (Deeplay Records, 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance