Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - A question...
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A question...

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Apr 6, 2005 16:04
Is it only me that think it's very lame that every time a party organizer here posts something, usually a party anouncement, it is at once filled with responses from many artists congratulating him on his killer line up, great parties, beautiful haircut, and hope to see you soon?

I mean, I know everybody wants to play in Japan, great crowd and very good money- but can't you suck up privately?

Or do you think I'm just imaginaning things?           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

spliffnik
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Apr 6, 2005 16:44
haha that is pretty funny, I personally never saw that and did not think of it as lame... a lot of people have interest in the Japan scene and therefore like to check out what is going on over here...so I would say perhaps some are writing out of self-interest, but definitely not all, and it doesn't bother me much even if they were writing to suck up, it wouldnt be a very effective way to get a gig in Japan anyway...
Just my two bits.
-spliffnik
Sihaya

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 6, 2005 16:54
I can`t speak for the "grovelling artists", but as a music fan, when I see a line-up I really like and I decide to make a comment about it on this forum, its because I want to show my genuine happiness, gratitude and encouragement to the organizer. It may just be as simple as that when artists write such comments too. There`s so much bullshit and negativity on the net today, that we should all welcome the positive remarks!
Optimisitcally yours,
Jayme
Ken
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Apr 6, 2005 20:04
I would have to agree with Sihaya. I'm familiar with many other trance forums and the amount of back stabbing and bitching and just overall negativity on them really turns me off.

That's why I like Isratrance Japan section so much because there's less negativity and more encouragement and support.
          The music was like new black polished chrome
that came over the sky like liquid night.

psy16.com
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Apr 6, 2005 21:35
Hehe someone hit the nail on it's head.

If encouragement and support come out of pure greed, and selfish interests, I would definitely go for backstabbing.           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
HujaBoy
HujaBoy

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 7, 2005 01:47
Yes somtimes its like that..and somtimes its real...somtimes its about promotion...and somtimes its about saying good things from the heart.

but isnt it allowed here ? in this section ?

sickboy

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 7, 2005 11:42
If it's hard hitting critical thinking you're looking for Shahar, check this thread... http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/58959/forum/16

Not necessarily fair, but the 'big boys' do get held up to tighter scrutiny and criticism. I think the readers and contributers to this forum are smart enough to recognize and appreciate what is support and comradery, and what is 'critical analysis'. There is room for both.
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 7, 2005 11:56
Quote:

On 2005-04-07 01:47, HujaBoy wrote:

Never said it's not allowed- just that if it is like I feel it is than it's lame.

It is allowed to be lame.           ---------------------------------------------
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 7, 2005 11:57
Quote:

On 2005-04-07 11:42, sickboy wrote:
If it's hard hitting critical thinking you're looking for Shahar,

Not me, mate. Just honesty, fun and mostly respect to others.

Anyway, point raised to awareness, enough for me, eace should do what they feel right.          ---------------------------------------------
M.K. Gandhi

Aldous Huxley

sickboy

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 8, 2005 04:10
I guess this topic is 'closed', and Shahar did raise his point...one that I don't think anyone here disagrees with necessarily... although I've never once complimented Ken on his hairstyle in my memory...have I Ken??

Anyway, I was thinking about this, and had one more point I wanted to make...

On the one hand, someone can praise a certain track or a cd as much as they want, and I'll bring it home and listen to it, and like it or not like it, based pretty much solely on my own taste and feeling.

Live music and live events are totally different though. Enthusiasm is contagious, and it does influence your enjoyment of the music and the party. When I see honest excitement on the faces (or in the posts) of promoters, it gets me excited, and this excitement can often make the difference among the sometimes 5-10 gigs I'll see in a month.

In meeting Hajime and the Psychedelic Laboratory crew the other week, it was obvious to me that they were very very stoked about their party and the Parvati artists. Even though I only knew a couple of artists on the bill, their energy and enthusiasm has me convinced without a shadow of a doubt that I will have a killer time on the 29th!!

Does anyone else feel this way?? Ever been to an event where you thought, 'hey, I didn't think I would really be into this music tonight, but, hey, this crowd is going nuts... and f**k, I feel like going nuts too!!"????
Ken
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Apr 8, 2005 06:17
As I've gotton more and more involved in the scene I tend to go to friends events, an event a friend is DJing at, an event I'm playing at, my own events... (this ends up being almost every weekend) unfortunately I rarely go to parties outside of this circle. Believe it or not there is life outside of partying!

If I see a friend's event posted or someone asks for a recommendation, sure I'm going to support it. Not just because they are friends but because I'm proud of the event and I have great times there. I think this is the underground (small organizer) style. If you follow this forum enough you become to understand what different people are about and you can decide yourselfif you want to trust their opinion or not.

I think many people on this forum are also involved in similar ways. I see a lot of this type of posting here and maybe these are the posts you think are sucking up Shahar? I dont mind these at all, everyone here is experienced and smart enough to read between the lines.

I love this forum! I've met many cool people through it and members have really helped me out in my projects.

If you wanna see how forums shouldn't be, you should read some of the fighting recently on the Australian forums. I think that really damages the community. IsraTrance Japan community is the opposite, it brings people in the scene together! That's great! I'll endure a bit of "sucking up" to keep it this way!

As far as PsyLab is concerned, they came to our party, we talked, they got into it and contributed to the vibe, they thanked me. I'm familiar with Kindzadza, Jahbo, Mussy Moody and Parvati Label... I think their party on the 29th is gonna be a killer! Underground parties put on with the spirit and love these guys have are the BEST! You think that's sucking up!? Check it out on the 29th and decide for yourself.

...and Sickboy, you never complimented me on my haircut but you sometimes look at me like "faark, were you just in a car accident or something!?"          The music was like new black polished chrome
that came over the sky like liquid night.

psy16.com
dance&smile
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Apr 9, 2005 16:06
hey japan lets face it,
is one of the most enthusiastic about good twisted psy music man...
thts why u see the positive vibes!!!!
of course artists are gonna be interested in the japanese party people and playin here...
the more interested artists get in the japanese scene, the better.... so personally, for me artists should suck up all they can to the japanese promoters, cuy if they get to play there, it will be fukin awesome for everyone involved.
so boom
maybe a bit of arrogance,
but i have confidence in the japanese psy scene is all...

peace.
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 04:31
well, to me I just see a lot of support.
Most of the artists that post here, are usually aritsts that play for that organization, or are just good friends.
To me, I just like to give my support to my friends here in this forum. I jus think the diffrence is which button you press. Quick Reply or PM.
I just go with Quick Reply.
Cardinals Cartel
Black Machine

Started Topics :  191
Posted : May 31, 2005 01:08

[quote]
On 2005-04-07 01:47, HujaBoy wrote:
Yes somtimes its like that..and somtimes its real...somtimes its about promotion...and somtimes its about saying good things from the heart.

[/quote]

I Think Nir Is Right ..
We Cant Get InTo a Man Mind And Know What He Is Asking For . But i Think That If Its Giving Us 50 % Of Information So Its Fine (For Me) But At the Same Time Its Can Be Wrong . Im Allways Taking The Right/Good Side And Never Think Of Who Is Doing What & Wher For His Own . We Are All Here For Fun . There Is a Great System Here That Doing a Holly work And They Will Keep On And Wach I Trust Them 100% So Why To Think At That Way From Beginig At All ? . Strange Topic . Great Night World .. !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - A question...

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance