Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Brazilian Compilation - Check In --- High End Records

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Brazilian Compilation - Check In --- High End Records

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Apr 2, 2005 22:53
Compilation - Check In --- High End Records

Finally I received the package I was waiting from http://www.soundshop.com.br ... What we have inside? VA- BPM FM, Sirius Isness new Album, Burn in Noise new album and some older releases... But the most expected for me was the new compilation of the high quality Brazilian label High End Records, compiled by Setherian (DJ Seth). Why I want to listen to this one first? Because it´s a compilation featuring only Brazilian artists that I already know, and I want to check how their are improving their already High End quality.

The cover: The cover show an airport with some people going to the Check In... Fits very well the idea of this compilation: prepare to trip! This appropriate art cover is by Charlie (Solaris Studio 01).

The package: The CDs came in a different kind of plastic, IMO better than the standard. The Cds was mastered by Lipe Forbes (Skulptor) and Daniel Siqueira, at Skulptor´s Studio.

Track List (the BPMs and Time of each track are those my mixer found):

01 - Influx - Aurora Rmx 137 BPM -- 8:24
02 - Setherian - The Strange Sounds 141 BPM -- 8:44
03 - Sms - Swimming Pool 142 BPM -- 8:41
04 - Oracle - Mrs Pealy 145 BPM -- 8:54
05 - Burn in Noise - Freak 145 BPM -- 7:19
06 - Vibra - Now 143 BPM -- 7:22
07 - Skulptor - War Heads 146 BPM -- 7:56
08 - Setherian Vs 2hi - Audio 23 145 BPM -- 8:28
09 - Skulptor Vs Chemical State - Learn to Fly 145 BPM -- 7:01
10 - Oxyd - Dimensions 140 BPM -- 7:06

Lets see it track by track:

01 - Influx - Aurora Rmx --> Good track to start an album, Aurora rmx seems to be slower than the average full on I used to listen to. Sounds like Bamboo Forest style, clear and well placed sounds. Not my style, but I don't know why this is the kind of music people here in Brazil listen to at Festivals: tracks with some groove and that much pump.

02 - Setherian - The Strange Sounds --> This track is hypnotic, with a weird bass... At 3:30 some strange noises are added and at 4:00 the melody come around... Good! It´s 5:30 and we´re inside a major break... A different bass come in along with some vocoded voices and a very good melody... It´s really pumping! Congratulations Setherian, your track fits very well this compilation!

03 - SMS - Swimming Pool --> SMS, if I'm not mistaken, means "Stop Making Sense"... The guy behind this project is Thiago Naka. Starting slowly with different noises, this track is groovy, can easily be played between a Sub6 track and a Triptych track... Around 4:00 it shows its real face, and it seems I was wrong: This is a powerful, carefully worked, full on Bomb! Around 5:40 there's a sample break and after this, my friend, you're dancing like a crazy cow... One of my favorites.

04 - Oracle - Mrs. Pealy --> This track start with the sample:
"I see a partern, any one connected to this, this hypercube, .... violent and painful death.
I would hate for that to happen to you, Mrs Pealy.
.... Tell us how to get out of here, uhh? I'm fucking starving..."

After that we dive slowly in the same direction of Aurora rmx until 2:40 when after a break and some screams the track returns with different sounds... I´m sure this bass can be very affective at dancefloors. before 6:15 it has some ´berimbau´ sounds and after that break it come with a strong bass and nice synths... Good track.

05 - Burn in Noise - Freak --> Burn in Noise is Gustavo, from Brasília (Brazil's Capital) and he just released his debut album at the Brazilian label Vagalume Records. Most of his tracks have an strong bass... This one is no exception... I don't know how many basslines he uses in this track, but it sounds like a lot. The track flow easily, without samples or major breaks until 3:30, when we can clearly notice the full on way the track is taking... Around 4:40 the bass stop and when it comes back it's a different thing... At 5:20 the psychedely together with the crazy bass makes me Jump! WOW, Different full on here, the only drawback is that it's for only 1 minute.

06 - Vibra - Now --> It starts with a kick and the sample: "Look, if something is gonna happen with this shit, it needs to happen now", followed by a strong bass/kick combination. The kick goes steady till 3:40, when we have a break and the sample again... This track is continuous/steady full on... I didn't find it psychedelic, but it will do the job at the dancefloor.

07 - Skulptor - War Heads --> Starts in a very good way, different sounds, vocoded voices, nord sounds... Brand new bass, good snares, FULL ON! Psychedelic... I have no words right now... Around 4:00 we have a break, vocals in the high tech Triptych style... When it comes back the bass is crushing the dancefloor... No more words... I lied: Ohhhh my God! Around 6:00 he's back with some psy synths... I love that voice: "Aaaahhhhhhh!" Congratulations Lipe!

08 - Setherian vs 2HI - Audio 23 --> This track start dark... And keep dark till the break around 4:30. For dark understand: this track can easily be played between an Azax and a Winter Demon track. Around 5:00 they're back with a kick/bass combo. The track become more psy/hypnotic... At 6:00 we have a strange sonar noise and the kick start to become unpredictable... Good work, this end plus the bass at 6:40 added a new dimension to the track! Another favorite! Good IMO to make the transition from dark to morning tracks...

09 - Skulptor vs Chemical State - Learn to Fly --> I would say this track start as groovy full on... Different danceable basslines... Around 3:50 we have a break and it comes back stronger. It evolves untill 4:00 when we have the major break, with a kind of break beat with accoustic guitars... Don't even dare to think it's cheesy: after that the psychedelic comes back in great style. Another favorite! And melodies similar to Skulptor's "Reason of Love" is an amazing way to finish it.

10 - Oxyd - Dimensions --> Thanks God the last track is not a Chill Out track, after all I´m buying a dancefloor compilation. Slower than the former tracks, this is a short, but groovy trip to the end of this album. nice percussion work here and this track has an hipnotic touch... At 4:30 we got a long break and after that it comes back pumping... I like it, but not my favorite here.

A very good observation on this release is that the total play time is 80 minutes! Congratulations High End records, few labels act this way, this is a sign of respect for the fans...

Very good production level, another Brazilian release to be respect!

Favorites: 2, 3(!!), 4, 5(!), 7(!!!), 8(!), 9
Verdict: 8.5/10. I think a place to improve is the first minutes of some tracks that could be better. For sure I´ll play 4 or 5 of this tracks in my next party...

Worth buying, do yourself a favor and buy it:
http://www.soundshop.com.br/produtosdetalhes_sv.asp?ProdutoID=9147

Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
V.O.R
2HI

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Apr 4, 2005 04:47
hey mate! thanx for the support
nice review you've done here!!! congrats seth and fabio@high end rec.!! really nice stuff in here!!

booom

marcello           vor2hi@hotmail.com
http://www.neurobiotic.com
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 4, 2005 10:39
nice review and quite a nice CD actually
ThiagoNAKA
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Apr 6, 2005 01:55
Hey full_on!

Great Review here!! I completely agree with your words!

Thanks also for the support!

I will not make a review for this one, but my fav´s are: 3 and 7.

Boom High End!!!

ps: no sample id for my track? lol
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 6, 2005 21:29
SMS, I just understand a little part of the samples:

"You're right...
Your house is a little piece of paradise..."

I know the samples are from the movie Swimming Pool, but I can't identify them.

Can you help me to identify what is said?
Thanks.
Respect!           .
ThiagoNAKA
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Apr 7, 2005 16:56

I can´t remember exactly the words, but let´s go:

1)"swimming pool"... when the boss talk about his house

2)"u´re just a frustated women who writes aboout dirty things and never does them... U can **** morals up your ass".... when July gets pissed with the Sarah

3)"finding inspiration for the Durwell series"... this the the series that the Sarah writes

4)"inspiring plot" "Sarah right? I´m July"....

5)"*** bacteria" .... when Sarah and July are at swimming pool talk about some things...

6)"u are right as usual, your house is a little piece of paradise"... when Sarah talks about the house with her boss...

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 7, 2005 23:57
Thank you very much. I'm enjoying this track even more!
Also War Heads rules! And that Burn in Noise Too!
Respect!
psyvini

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 00:44
wow
this album is great!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Apr 18, 2005 22:08
My second review:

http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=757

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! (I love the Skulptor track!!! )
Respect!           .
groovypato
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 23:29
Quote:

On 2005-04-18 22:08, full_on wrote:
My second review:

http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=757

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! (I love the Skulptor track!!! )
Respect!

Your second review is yet better than the first one (which was pretty good as well)... i love reviews with "stories" heheh, well done!

Back to the album...

Yes, it´s really a great release (another one) from High End Records. Skulptors´ tracks are better and better each time i hear them. The use of samples are fitting so good that makes me hear the tracks 5 times in a row, just to get everything good!! My favs are 4, 5, 7 and 9.

I strongly recommend this compilation...lots of groovies and kicks.

Boom
brb345

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 21, 2005 11:58
this vibra track i cant get out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tv@oxygen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Apr 26, 2005 19:20
Good one Seth!!

this compilation is great - not for the 1st listening.
But by every after listening i find great new tracks and moments.
Well done mixture of some progressive beats with fullonism:-)
The 1st and the last tracks are the most proggy ones.
I like them a lot.

From the "full ones" i like track 2,8 and 9. Especially the Setherian vs 2hi (8) is a divine combination.

Also Seths solo track (2) is very interesting - a weirdo smooth sound.

Simply nice compilation of music that u can easilli listen at home or even storm the parties out:-).

cu

..my hovercraft is full of eels...

***Oxygenrecords.com***

*current releases*
2st digital release out soon - Protonica and Suntree
jizm

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 4, 2005 17:01
great release high end, always kwalitee music, really enjoying the brasillian sound

especially like the sms, vibra, and setherian vs skulptor but no.1 on this comp is

skulptor: war head

Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 4, 2005 20:13
thanks guys ..we from High End arevery happy at the moment with all the feedback around the world..

>Seth           The Devil Is In Detail!
BISHOP
Miracle

Started Topics :  115
Posted : May 9, 2005 08:09
i really enjoyed this one from Hi-End Crew.
Well done Setherious !!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Brazilian Compilation - Check In --- High End Records

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance