Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Muses Rapt - You ( Feb. 2005 )

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Muses Rapt - You ( Feb. 2005 )

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 00:05
Hi All !
Juan Verdera present his second album - 'You' ! this album show Juan's maturity and u can relax - he is keep on his unique style

1) Celebrate
This is one of the happiest tracks I ever heard in my life. Positive atmosphere with many happy effects. Juan choose to start his album with celebration and I think we all would be happy to joining him.

2) El Alma Escondida
In this track , Juan remind us why he is a legend ! amazing one , I just enthusiastic everyh time I hear it. Interstign story with Mr. Verdera touch turn this tune for another terrific tune.I can hear the part in 5:20 ten times continuity and every singel time enjot it One of my favorties from this album.

3) Adam`s Love
Another brilliant tune here. This one in more relaxing and easy but the magic not disappear. I like the games with the base line - sometimes rough and sometimes flexible like the name said , this is a love story and the atmosphere is totally romantic

4) The Fly Of The Phoenix Over The Natraj
In this track something really weird happens to me every time I hear it - I just afraid from the piano in the beging
But in the continuation the track change his atmosphere and become more comfortable. Just hear it and chill . . .

5) Question Without An Answer
I don't know why but always when I hearing the begining of this track , I imagine morning when the sun just shine
A lot of positive energies...magical story! For me this one os perfect for opening the day with , u should try it.

6) Sweet Planet
This tune dig deep in your soul. U can feel some mysterious story with an atmosphere that just one man able to create , yes u guess right - Juan Verdera !
Maybe it's just me but when I hear it I feel like in mystery without a solution

7) Bes Dance
We get to my favorite track ! this one in more closer to progressive with so much emotions and feelings. Like all the tracks , this one is also happy with positive atmosphere. The playing in 5:18 just make me shake ! really impressive ! a masterpeace ! keep it up Juan.

8) Human Oddity
We get to the end of this colorful story. Here I like to close my eyes and listen to the music with big smile on the face forget all the troubles and concentrate just in one thing - 'Human Oddity' tune ! so much sensitivity and thinking...perfect ending for this astonishing album.

All in all , I recommend you on this album , there is no chance u disappoint from it , just impossible. So get ready for unknown experience and don't compromise by any quality except for the best quality - just buy original ! I promise u , this cd worth any coin.
And after u hear it , don't forget to add a review.

diji

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 02:43
..bought it last week:p
my favz till now are 2,3,6 and 8
the description about the song names on the cd vover say enough about how the song is, no recommendation needed because in my opinion, nobody just cant name a sound or enything else as good or bad (you can do this for yourself because with yourself we dont need the words to understand..every style of music has more or less influence on you and every style has quality and less quality stuff
..anyway, to stay on the topic..verry much congrats to francis quenk for the mastering,
it makes quality of the composiotions from this virtuose in feeling sound, complete
..thank you all for you           ..progression can only be reached in spite of and not thanks to existing situations
the best books are the trees..just dance to chill
Honguito
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 13:48
Quote:

On 2005-02-17 00:05, guy cohen wrote:

All in all , I recommend you on this album , there is no chance u disappoint from it , just impossible.

Well, as a matter of fact there is a chance to get disappointed - because I did. But I've never been a big fan of the muses rapt anyway. If you like his first album then you'll probably like this one to. For me, this one is too "soft". The sound isn't psychedelic for me and the melodies don't grab me.

But, don't listen to me! Check it out yourself - maybe it'll be the catch of your life
Bardo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 20:09
hehehehe, well i did enjoyed this album, something you don't hear every day.. very interesting ideas, as honguito say, its not full psychedelic, it only has a touch on it.. but just enough to have a good time.

my favorite tracks.

2) El Alma Escondida 138bpm

4) The Fly Of The Phoenix Over The Natraj 144bpm.

http://www.psynews.org/reviews/spirithe.htm here you can check out reviews of the spiritual healing cd 1998...... 7 years for this new cd... long time isn't it....
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 19, 2005 00:23
Is it just me or does this album reminds you of Nitzhonot atmosphere and melodies?
The melodies are diffrent than what goes on today but it's not enough. the bassline is added without any real purpose, the track structure is bad, it's not psychedelic.
in conclusion, it's not Spiritual Healing.
Rain
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 00:36
Quote:

On 2005-02-19 00:23, scraper wrote:
Is it just me or does this album reminds you of Nitzhonot atmosphere and melodies?
The melodies are diffrent than what goes on today but it's not enough. the bassline is added without any real purpose, the track structure is bad, it's not psychedelic.
in conclusion, it's not Spiritual Healing.

must say I feel the same way... this is thousand times less intilligent then 'spiritual healing'... And It isn't psychedelic at all... the bass line reminds me a lot of 'shiva chandra' what isn't a bad thing but still... there isn't a climax at all... all the tracks are the same to me... only the last track is full meldoy but that's just regular trance... can't see the connection with psytrance at all...

still I wouldn't call it nitzhonot...
esu

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 20, 2005 11:14
Yeah I am not very impressed either. Think I need to give it a few more listenings. But there's some descent morning tracks in there. But as mentioned it isn't psychedelic at all and sounds more like some standard ibiza trance.
5/10
OpuS
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Feb 21, 2005 03:26
The whole album has old analog sounds - specially the kick & bass.
It is definetly different from everything else - very emotional melodies.

for my opinion - will be great to hear a track from that album in a party in the sunrise, but not more then that.           Follow the footsteps ...

Senka tribe
UIU
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Feb 21, 2005 17:58
I am a bit dissapointed after spiritual healing.
Things I didn't like:
He uses the same chord progressions as his old songs from spiritual healing.
He uses the same presets as spiritual healing
The bassline is a bit too commercial trance for me.
There is not one perfect song. Most of them either start bad and become good or start good and become bad.
moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 25, 2005 22:37
When I popped this the first time in my CD player, the first track Celebrate came and I was in heaven!! This might sound odd but I had the mental image of the nazi dude who was staring over the opened arch in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Arch saying "IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!". No really, I actually had tears in my eyes when I heard those soul-touching melodies. But I should warn you that it might be considered by some (most?) to be incredibly cheezy. Actually some parts reminded me the instrumental part of Britney Spears - Lucky ... hmmm I suppose that's not a good reference but the track is one of the most beautiful psy trance I've listened to in years and years! Trust me

El Ama Escondida is kindof a letdown afterwards, it's nice but nothing special IMO. But I'm sure that people who are allergic to cheese will appreciate this one more...

Then comes Adam's Love . Ah, that's more like it. Balearic trance all the way, this one reminded me somewhat of some nice Balearic trance classics like Chicane - Saltwater and Nalin & Kane - Beachball . Ah yes, there was a time when "normal trance" was deep too So no, this isn't really psytrance but if you loved the tracks I mentioned, you'll probably love this too.

The Fly of the Phoenix over nataraj seems to be the prefered one of most people. I like it too, but don't find it the best on the album. Anyway, this one sounds less "cheesy", I guess that's why a lot of people like it. But what's the Muses Rapt without catchy melodies?

Question without an answer is VERY typical of Muses Rapt style. It's like Juan took elements from the downtempo tracks from the Spiritual Healing album and put them in an uptempo track. This is my second favorite after Celebrate . Kindof reminds me of Corazon De Fuego which was my favorite track on his first album. Needless to say that this has a more darker feeling to it.

Sweet Planet reminds me of... California Sunshine !! If I heard this track without knowing who made it, I would've sworn it was some unreleased CS... the melodies and dynamics of the track is identical to their style. Maybe Har-Ell co-produced the track? That would explain a lot. Anyway, BIG thumbs up for this track! Made me realize that the new CS album is long overdue...

Bes Dance is kindof Celebrate Pt. II . The same "glorious" atmosphere returns only this time around I like it less... but I still like it

Human Oddity is the one that sounds most like the downtempo tracks on Spiritual Healing. Again, I have the impression that Juan took elements from his old album and put them in an uptempo track. It starts a little slow but then some guitars kick in and give me the mental image of being aspired in a swirl of energy taking me higher and higher until boom... it's over... Damn It really leaves you wishing for more.

Conclusion VERY nice, dreamy trance. Some might argue that this has more in common with Balearic trance than with psytrance but I don't care... good music is good music, whatever the style. You will recognize Juan Verdera's typical elements although this time around there are absolutley no downtempo tracks! But remember that Spiritual Healing was alegedly composed by Juan when he had cancer and you could feel that dark, hopeless atmosphere in the tracks. Well, now he's well and kicking and I guess it shows in his music as well... why shouldn't it? I think that's what put most of the fans of his first album off this one.
Anyway, I shall conclude this review with a phrase I made up especially for this album: 99% of psytrance is made for the dancefloor... this is made for the SOUL!!!

The only thing that casts some doubts on the quality of this album is the time test: will those melodies just dig in deeper and deeper in your skin or will they just become boring and silly after a few months? Well, only time will tell... for now it's 9/10 from me           “I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.”

Charles M. Schulz
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Feb 27, 2005 06:28
I have heard this album over and over again.
And some parts are good, and Some parts are incredibly cheezy. As ppl have already mentioned the bassline just doesnt fit in nicely, and the melodies are Booooring!!

This album is def not psychedelic and as Uiui mentioned ..not one perfect track.!!

Bom!           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 15:17
i get my copy now and i love it.
Nothing i was expecting.. but still gr8 spurprise.
For me this album pushes the bounderies of trance once again. its more than a fact that Juan Verdera isn't looking for fashion trance or any kind of fashion preset or fancy psychedelia stuff... This is pure Juan style. Deep voyages into trance and deep mind traveling experiences, is the big thing for me in his style.
Yes, i must say is not very fast or pumping tracks, but i think it sutis perfect with the tracks vibe! About the bass lines i really dont think they should be other cause for me all the bass lines in the tracks aree complitly up for the track. Once more he know what to do, and dont need to copy cat any fullon bass or any fashion bass line that trance music is always showing us.
Defenitly if you didnt like the first you shouldn't like this album as well. this is Juan style, not the usual kind of sound we r used in trance music. i love it.
Im always up to new kinds of sound and musoic, mainly if its good music like this one.
BTW, the sound quality is suberb... exlent done..
i've noticed that u should really listen this one lowd as much as u can, the quality of the music will follow u and u'll be surrounded by Juan magic source..
Defenitly this gr8 piece of music will , once more, show to the world that the trance is not just about the fashion fancy sounds we r used to listen, but about gr8 music, with gr8 feelings that make's u intrance..
Buy it
Booom
blupeter

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 21:20
This is a musical fairytale..
Emotions,pictures,landscapes and of course the hero of the tale...
Nothing spacey+nothing about meditation..
Well done Mr. Juan , once more you did what you want..Your unique journey through the last 7 years..
And if his last album was something innovative , this album is just the return to this innovation , the return to the roots of Juan's Psychedelia !!!!!!
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Mar 4, 2005 15:46
i have heard this album and will buy it soon.. same old style, i love it!           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Mar 6, 2005 13:32
any chance it was made on Impulse Tracker ? the production sux           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Muses Rapt - You ( Feb. 2005 )

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance