First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Album which tells us a story

Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 03:13
How about everyone tells us a story he can understand from an album?
Not every album is a story. Most albums are just a collection of tracks. New Kind of World by MFG is a story. Let's compare it to a psychedelic book:
Electric Bubbles is the exposition. It shows us the location, the characters, and all of that stuff. When We Dream and Experience are like the conflict, powerful and exciting - making the reader curious about the continuation. Alien's Land, The Waking Mind and We Are The Machines are the body of the story - not too exciting but showing us that psychedelia is ruling here. Born Into a New World is the calm before the storm - which is Peaceful Relaxation. The name disinforms us - this is a killer track. And to end the story comes the most exciting, the peak of the story - New Kind of World.

Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 03:24
You mean like connections between the trax ?
Like the compilation from T.I.P (Crystal Sckulls CD) ?           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 03:29
I don't know what you mean by connection (mix?), but I'm talking mostly about the order of the tracks in an album.
You can change the order of the tracks and it will sound totally different! For example putting Alien's Land in the end, instead of New Kind of World (relating to my story). It will give the entire album a different feeling.
PsyTom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 03:40
Hey,

You're write about New kind of world, i have a similar perspective over the this album.

Another album that tells a story is Echo by Vibrasphere. Abra and mental mountain are the exposion, the beginning of the journy, drawing you into a beautiful dark, enchanted forest. Arcs and sparks to Lava is the body of plot, introducing you the different inhabitants of the forest, and their chracters. With Aguas calientes and San pedro you can feel the story is about to over, you see some light after the long journy in the forest. Then, with eternal feedback, you leave the forest, look back and want a new journy to begin...

Ahh, I think i'll go for a little journey into a forset now. Excuse me please...

PT

[ This Message was edited by: PsyTom on 2002-04-27 03:41 ]
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 06:04
Here's a simple one: Infected's Classical....
Yanniv Gold (Onyx)
Onyx

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 09:57
Good story albums are:

"Indoor" from '95 and "Pleidians" from '97. Really good stories ! ! !           Express your digital emotions
-----------------------------
www.myspace.com/superonyx
Munchie
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 10:40
A great Story album is "Humus Conspiracy 2"... it's like a progressive & dark version of Alice in Wonderland!           MiniMAL cabron...
sage2012
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 11:14
i guess it doesn't really tell much of a story, but x-dream's 'radio' album definitely follows a theme..
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 12:18
i really didnt like humus conspiracy 2. bad choice of tracks and order, and lousy mixing.           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 13:11
Interesting thread:
My 2 cents:
Space Cat - Beam me up
Hux Flux - Cryptic Crunch
Shpongle the 1st and the 2nd
Union Jack - There will be no armageddon           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Kenneth
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 13:40
Well i'd defenitly go with
IM - Classical Mushroom
it really does tell a story, and i am more than sure that the order of the tracks is important 2 the "plot" of the story..
another trance CD that tells a story is
Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing
and we all know what story it tells!

But defenitly the best "story" album is
Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory!
Damn what A CD!!!!!           "...God made weed, Man made booze. Who do u trust?..."
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 14:12
way to go ninja,
i'd totally forgotten about the union jack album but you are right

other contenders have to be both the hallucinogen albums (or maybe just one perhaps i'll relisten to them and make a decision)

actually there aren't too many albums out there that aren't just 8 banging tunes and a token 'ambient' track at the end (why do they do this, i mean half the end album ambient tunes are not up to the standard of the rest of the album but this isn't exactly the topic on discussion)

i think an album that is a coherent musical statement as it were is much harder to produce - like writing a symphony rather than just one movement.

btw great thread           >>love will tear us apart...<<
dekel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 14:32
ninja i cant agree with you more on the space cat thing...
this cd was so good ...

just a one long, intersting and very good story...
takes me back to the good old days           "just when i was about to go out, they pulled me back in..."
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 14:42
There is a good modern story on shulmans albom about the small grey creaturs, it's very nice.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
azz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Apr 27, 2002 14:45
mystery of the yeti part2
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Album which tells us a story

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance