Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Healer - Higher Grounds (Candyflip)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Healer - Higher Grounds (Candyflip)

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Jun 23, 2004 15:31
Candyflip Records in Greece is out with the second album by Healer, Michael Andresen from Sweden. His first album Wonder Ground was released on Flying Rhino Records in 2000. Now that Flying Rhino is bankrupt, he has started releasing on Candyflip Records. Healer is his ambient project, but he has also a psytrance project called 12 Moons.

Healer "Higher Grounds" Candyflip Records 2004 (CFCD11)

1. The Answer
2. Polarity
3. Three
4. Infinity And Beyond
5. Hibernation
6. Art Of Trancelucency
7. Resonate Within
8. Apnea

Healer certainly likes to ad an atmospheric vibe to his music, both in his trance and ambient projects. The first track we get here starts really beautiful with a floating atmospheric sound. A little melody works its way slowly into the track together with some very relaxed, careful beats. A really nice start on this album, perfect when you are tired and want to relax. Track 2 goes floating too, but in a more mystic, deep way. Not much beats at all. Everything is just floating with massive beautiful relaxing sounds. Totally relaxing, deep ambient. After a while we also get some beautiful melodies and some piano. Track 3 moves a little bit away from that totally floating vibe. Still, we get tons of beautiful sounds and melodies. This one has some dubby beats and flute alike melodies. Nice. Track 4 is a slow drifting track with a deep mystic vibe and some beautiful piano. Totally relaxing and beautiful all the way through. I’m sure I will play this a lot this summer.

Track 5 has a more dramatic vibe. This track was originally released on the Ease Division 1 compilation on Spiral Trax Records in 2002. A nice chill out compilation which was compiled by Healer himself. This track is floating all the way through, with some nice relaxed melodies and chilled beats. While track 1-5 is called passage one, track 6-8 is called passage 2. And yes, track 6 takes a slightly different direction. This goes definitely darker, still with that totally floating vibe. This one might sound a bit intense and isn’t among the most interesting tracks on this album, but doesn’t sound bad. Track 7 goes even darker and more dramatic. Still very beautiful and relaxing, with mystic sounds that you might imagine is from outer space. This one is just drifting with no beats at all. Reminds me a bit of Pete Namlook. The last track we get here is one of the most beautiful tracks I have heard by this guy so far. This one is also just floating without beats, and the sounds are incredibly beautiful.

In my opinion, this album is definitely better than the first Healer album. If you like floating, atmospheric, deep ambient music, you should definitely check out this. A fresh breath away from the usual ethno chill. Pure, relaxing, deep ambient music for your home listening after work or whenever you are tired and want to just drift away in beautiful sounds.
PK

For more reviews, check out:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
elctrojinj

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 28, 2004 02:41
nice review pks.
the healer allways gave a chill tunes...
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jul 3, 2004 15:34
Healer-Higher Grounds

Format: CD
Artist: Healer
Title:Higher Grounds
Label: Candyflip Records, Greece
Cat. #: CD CFCD11
Date: june
Year: 2004

cover http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?cfr1cd011_b.jpg:CDs/cfr/cfr1cd011.html:;

available on(include sound samples) :
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4136
http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3821&osCsid=705ffb8f6874fc5b414d39d17e8bda87
http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/cfr/cfr1cd011.html
http://www.wirikuta.at

track list:

Passage One
1. The answer
2. Polarity
3. Three
4. Infinity and Beyond
5. Hibernation

Passage Two
6. Art of Trancelucency
7. Resonate Within
8. Apnea

so : Michael Andresen from sweden as known also as 12 moons(that just release now an album),here in his ambient project present us soft & soothing tones of tranquility and deep sounds style that will give us peace for the mind :-] he been release music on compilations from labels throughout the world,include his first album "WonderGround" that been released on Flying Rhino and show us from than his gifted talent.
we will now go to the tracks ,but just before that i want to say that the mastering is by Son-kite and the graphics by micky(wizzy noise),and the cover is one of the beautiful for my taste in the last releases.
so lets go to the tracks :

1.so the first track start very soft & continue in a relax line with nice synth and pads.nice opening:-]

2.we continue here to flow to the next track with very nice & relax atmosphere.just give you the needs to close your eyes and dream with this great music.in the 3-58 we get piano line that continue to flow with the track and his atmosphere.some synth in the background.

3.kind of nice & cute groove line in the start.this track is my favorite here with the beat that start in 2-04.great delay work.than we have flute line & bells that just fit so good to the atmosphere.

4.again,relax line on the start.in 0-56 the beat start-smooth one with synth & fx in the background.piano line come in at 2-09.it continue with us along the track in the side of the pads to his end.

5.sample at the start.some fx at the side.than some prc beat get inside.strings at the background.in 2-56 synth line join in.i really get here the feel of psychedelic ambient.it finish with the sample from the start...

6.this one start with arpeggio note.some fx.the track just flow forward to a nice ambient style-very psychedelic to my mind.

7.are you relax enough?this one for sure will relax you.slow pads & atmosphere.lets say that it is he most shanty track on this c.d.

8.healer finish the c.d with a track,that i felt that is job is to give us the feeling to fall down & close our eyes & just let our mind flow.so ambient finish.feel like a dive in the ocean.pads,strings & atmosphere is the base here.

so i loved this c.d.great to go with it to sleep,relax or even to put it after a party.i sure that anyone that will listen to it will like michael job here.he gave us pure ambient album with beautiful tunes inside.
on the higher grounds

peace

itay

Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)

Posted : Jul 7, 2004 17:59
ps---all the tracks come in kind of mix between them,that give us nice build up           Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
greatgirl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 25, 2004 16:19
what a nice album
so relax and smooth           choose the best

Posted : Sep 5, 2004 13:34
haft to say that the third track is just great for atmosphere(been check)           Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
RebeL9
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Sep 5, 2004 14:22
i got my promo copy 2 months before the release by Michael himself
Its a great cd. I listened to it two weeks in a row everytime i went to sleep.
Does anyone know other producers who produce this kind of sweet melodic ambient? I found a cd called Galaxy - Science of Ecstasy which is a ambientproject of Electric Universe. That one was nice as well.

Posted : Sep 5, 2004 17:06
there is a lot my friend---but it is another topic           Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 14, 2004 18:11
12 Moons – Solid State
&
Healer – Higher Grounds

Candyflip (Greece)

I owe an apology here to Alexis from Candy Flip – CDs somehow didn’t reach us (a possible symptom of something David Morales, of all people, came up with recently, who always gets nervous flying to London with his records because “everyone in the UK is a DJ” and could nick his tunes.) And it’s a good job we all uncovered this, as psyreviews would have missed out on two damn good albums otherwise. Both Healer and 12 Moons are Gothenburg’s Michael Andressen; the former being his ethereal ambient/chillout guise, the latter being a crystalline, dreamy four-to-the-floor incarnation. And it goes a long way: two albums expertly mastered by Son Kite, and the two together showcase a dazzling and overlooked producer. His 12 Moons project can morph together staggering, escalating sounds into an orgasmic cacophony (Analogue Haste, Small Adventures, Without Within). He can keep one foot in “proper” trance, keeping platipus numpties happy (Ovation), get you feeling like you’re in a Berlin squat party (Flair), and mash it all together leaving you feeling nothing but misty-eyed and rabid (Halo, Pilot). Working better at lower BPM’s, you almost wish he’d stick to what he knows best – once we get up to the mid 140s, there’s a feeling that the tunes are suffocated, and that some more space for them to move would be a fine thing. Balance Solid State out, however, with the Healer album, and you’re laughing. Higher Grounds is nothing short of a masterpiece, a killer collection of tear-to-the-eye, real-music downtempo music. In fairness, “chillout” isn’t really the word – although this would sound neat in any backroom, it really comes into its own when you turn down the lights and crank up the volume: sonic incense for your life, background sounds for an art gallery, or just the soundtrack to shag away the end of whatever drugs you’ve consumed this weekend. Psyreviews tips its metaphorical hat to Mr Andressen, a rare talent in a scene dominated by presets and recycled basslines, and retires once more to enjoy Higher Grounds as the hostility of winter nights taps at the window. Bliss.

7 for Solid State, 9 for Higher Grounds.           

http://www.psyreviews.com/clothing/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Healer - Higher Grounds (Candyflip)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance