Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Why are there so few psy-trance producers on the east coast?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Why are there so few psy-trance producers on the east coast?

Localsky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 08:51
Why are there so few psy-trance producers on the east coast? Is there a particular reason why or just a coincidence? Also, has there ever been an east coast psy-trance label?           my cat is deathly afraid of aluminum foil
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 08:58
Deeper in Zen is from NYC.
Shaikid from Omnitribe is due to release some music soon.
Electrofunk and Collective Punishment from Ecliptic-Trance are due to release soon as well.

i think the main reason is that the west coast (mainly SF area) has had the more artistic flow to it since the 60's... reprecussions are still felt there today as it is a more fertile ground for free thought and expressionism. The hippie movement there has a direct effect on the psy movement today.
Yet, if the east coast continues rising the way it is now, i predict that it is innevitable that more producers will be coming out.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 18:32
there are more....

kri samadhi has made nearly 3 cds full of great tracks under several pseudonyms - the lost baba, FutureShamanisticData, illusioid.

Bastard from tennessee was the only US producer on Psychedelic Sparks on inpsyde media, the psynews contest. great intelligent tracks.... they have been secret weapons for me over the past year ... new ones soon.

Onnomon is busy playing the circuit with a killer live PA performance.

american psychedelic, based near philly, have been playing live, tho i havent heard them yet, i hear they are good.

kent "mindwarped" is in baltimore....

cant think of any more right now....

perhaps yes the east coast is mainly devoid of cool cities once you go below baltimore/dc, all the way to florida is no-psy country. except us here in asheville and we are 6 hrs from the coast. so that makes us... hmm east coast but not.
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 18:52
theres also a guy called eg-bot based around philly. . .hes got a wild live PA up his sleave as well.           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
Localsky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 21:27
I would love to hear some more of these producers. I know Mind Warped and Deeper in Zen have CDs but how can I go about hearing the rest?           my cat is deathly afraid of aluminum foil
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Mar 17, 2004 02:09
Isn't Neum from the East Coast? He released some truly amazing progressive tracks a few years ago.
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 17, 2004 12:26
I produce Psytrance here in Connecticut. I have just finished 7 songs, and I want to release them. Can anyone recomend a good New York City or New Jersey based Psy trance label?
Cyzum
Cyzum

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Mar 17, 2004 18:23
I produce here in Baltimore.

Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 18, 2004 02:18
Hey Cyzum didn't you used to call yourself DJ Hybrid? Oh yeah I like your "Konvocation" Dj mix. Any Baltimore based psytrance labels?
Cyzum
Cyzum

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Mar 18, 2004 05:26
Yes, I did used to go by DJ Hybrid.

Thanks for the kind words about my mix

No Baltimore based psytrance labels, just our monthly event and one off events.

www.konvocation.com

daya

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 18, 2004 06:32
INFLUX are producing and has released their albums and Leo Influx the cofinder has presented their own and performed a great live set in the last Tsunami party.
The other groovy band is Turbinado Corp, all of their songs written in NYC.
          founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
sage2012
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 19, 2004 04:46
Quote:

On 2004-03-15 18:32, bluespectralmonkey wrote:
there are more....

kri samadhi has made nearly 3 cds full of great tracks under several pseudonyms - the lost baba, FutureShamanisticData, illusioid.

Bastard from tennessee was the only US producer on Psychedelic Sparks on inpsyde media, the psynews contest. great intelligent tracks.... they have been secret weapons for me over the past year ... new ones soon.

yep.
i've got a couple of tracks that chris (kri) has given me, i guess i should hassle him for some of the other stuff, lol..

alex (t3h b4574rd) has a ton of tracks under his belt as well, he just won't put any of them out.. 'secret weapons' is a very appropriate way of putting it!! that kraftwerk 'numbers' remix is the FIRE!!

btw, to those that don't know.. the BSM does a little bit of production too on the downtempo end of the spectrum (i've still got that copy of the 116 EP, christian!! lol)..

i dabble with the production myself, but i've yet to make any of it available to anybody.. everything seems to be a work in progress, never totally finished (to me, at least).. it never seems to get out of the draft phase for some reason.. then again, i guess we are all our own worst critics..

i think that there are plenty of people on the east coast that make music, they just tend to be in it for their own personal enjoyment in their home studios as a hobby.. i'm sure that most of them would love to make it big and get their names out there someday, but for the most part i think that they are content to spend their time making the music they love rather than to spend that time trying to get recognition for it.
          michael
www.atlantapsytrance.net
http://touchsamadhi.com/artists/michael-curran
http://soundcloud.com/sage2012
http://mixcloud.com/sage2012/
Woggle

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 21, 2004 22:38
I am out here in new york working on tracks. I think the main problem is the scene isn't very diversified, so what gets created is the minimal stuff that's abundent all over the globe. And there are much better acts at it. Other parts have the world have more acts that are influential. West coast aren't as good as the other countries i find as well. I find the most intersting countries for psy are australia and finland, for their various influences, finland for it's crazy culture, and it's lack of sun, too much sun, making them some buggy buggers, and australia for it's aborigine influence.

I think countries have a big influence over the type of sounds being made. Israel, a very holy land for many, and being a desert definately influences the music, and leads towards the more mystical side. The Brittish Stuff is really werid in a sense that it's new and old at the same time. much like it's culture that has that.

I could be talking out of my ass. But i feel that what america lacks for psy is the influences to bring to the table. The influence in america at the current moment, especially on the east coast is black culture. Although perhaps with the immigration and the rapid growth of the spanish culture we'll find more spanish rhythms being used. Hip hop's just so hard to infuse with psy, the elements don't seem to good with eachother. And when it is mixed together it sounds like bad trip hop!

Perhaps the west coast in san fran areas are more aided with their acidy psychdelic routes. And all the dead heads. But this hippydom can make the music a tad soft i find.

I seriously think the different psy coming out is all about the culture that it's made around. And infusions of multiple cultures which makes goa and psy such lovely music.

Also I don't think east coasters are opened to enough psy, like said before, I think the range of psy coming in is very little. When we go to a store, what do we have, throb(is it still around?), and home of trance. Home of trance filled with rude assholes who charge too much for cds, who rarely have any selection past the biggest producers of the day. And here and there a little harder to get israeli producer. This is the main fault of east coast psy imho.

whenver i talk to anyone from europe about psy, i can readily talk about the less produced stuff like mandalaz vandalz, haltya, huoppotossu(sp?) monotonen and the like. While when talking to somone in new york, all i hear is astral projection, infected mushroom, dark soho, pixel, space cat, noma, the really common stuff. This I think is the downfall. the lack of underground psy. because psy is pretty underground here, even the commercial stuff(commercial for israelis, and eurofolk).

btw if anyone is looking to collaborate on projects and is in the new york area, and love suomi and ozpsy as much as me please contact me: hal3001@yahoo.com

had to bust that.

Also think of this: what has the east coast been good at in the last 7 years? hip hop seems to be really comin up with newer stuff down south. techno, we just bringing out of new yorkers, house is also done better at other places. the only thing we really have that's still going relatively strong is new yorkc hardcore. There isn't a very flourishing artistic community here anymore.

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Why are there so few psy-trance producers on the east coast?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance