Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Arise "Aeon Records"

Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 13, 2004 01:02
Here is amazing compilation from brandnew label "Aeon Rec." let's kick off!

1. Yotopia & Nasser - Warm up
It is good track to start off. Comfortable speed, and Strong kick with spacy sounds. As title says, this track will warm you up for the journey.

2. Turbinaoo Crop - High on something
This track reminds me of Tin drum by Double Dragon. Nice percussion pettern and rythm. i would say much better than Double dragon track. Comes with more psychedelic touch. But I don't need voice sample "Hallucinate...hallucinate...."

3. Tetraktys - Quiet
Tetraktys is one of my favorite French artist. They did great job here. It the best when they make dark minimalistic music. Dark pushing baseline gives it strength. It is trippier than any other track from them. Calm beauriful melody make it the space. Good atmosphere with strong kick.

4. Sensient - Dream Experience
what can I say?? Sensient is my hero. I love his style. usually his music has kinda long building up, but this track is kicking in very powerfull. It has everything....trippy sounds, tight kick, driving bassline and especially synth line(better than Ase and Crystal rain). Just an amazing track. As the song goes to the end, it getting more and more power and psysounds. I would say the best track from sensient so far. I cannot wait having new album from his label and his new album. i did experience the dream you create. The greatest!

5. Fabel - Lead me on
Typical Fabel style which has nice synth melody and percussion. I liked tribal drums on the track. It is good track by itself....but after the Sensient, I couldn't get much impression....Sorry. Sensient is too good.

6. Setherian - Misanthrope Matters
Great young talented artist from Brazil. He is also one of the founder of Aeon Records. I like his music which is from Medium and Compact rec. He has great taste. It has great story which is over 10minutes. Driving bassline, percussion and unforgetable synth line which make you dance and groove. I love this track.

7. Nuclear Ramjet - Omega Six 2.1
They are prime trance act from Canada. It has strong pushing kick and bass. Sounds like some Bushke sounds. Techy minimalistic yet it has some dark strings melody give it some atmosphere. Good track.

8. Kino Oko - Karta Invilida
This is the high light of the album. It has fastest bpm of this comp. which is 143. The bassline and kick will push you hard to dance. Also it has crazy industrial-like sounds make the track very dynamic. Comes with some beautiful twisted melody too. I like this track alot.

9. Oxyd - Evil Machine
I found that kinda dark side of Oxyd. It has great rythm and strong kick. Dark synth and trippy melody make it psychedelic. I liked little percussion pattern behind the beat...stylish.

My favorite....I would say all of them...but especially, 1,3,4,6,8
Final verdict 9/10

Sorry If my review is rough...coz accidentally my first review was gone when I pushed submit.....so I got lazy and make it shorter.

Again, this is awesome compilation from brandnew label has specific concept. I love the concept. All the artists here are my favorite. Good luck with next release, guys. Support this brandnew great label, trancers!!!!!!!!
          Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Mar 13, 2004 12:18
Finally my waiting is over, it dropped down in the mailbox just yesterday!

This cd offers anything and everything from anyone and noone for them who likes the music made from those who do it for anyone and everyone! (hmmmm)

Proggressive people, get it, get it now, and love it!

Good luck and godspeed aeon records!

full review when headache is over from all that bigwigs last night...

A
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Mar 14, 2004 23:08
I don’t agree, not as good as I anticipated. 7/10. Too, what’s the word, ahh I don't know but it is as if something is missing. Some of the tracks imho sound like they should have been worked on a bit further, nevertheless a good debut for Aeon Records.
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 03:16
7/10 plus a 9/10 ...... not bad at all!

Thanks guys for the support!

just to tease ya little bit .... a La Baaz Ep and one Yotopia EP are due to be out very soon...watch out!           The Devil Is In Detail!
Glowing Flame Records
Glowing Flame Records

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 04:07
I dont like prog. realy but is nice compilation;)
All the best guys with your new label.
Waiting for your next relese.
Marko@glowingflame.com
inkubator
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Mar 15, 2004 17:43
"Sorry If my review is rough"

never mind, dai, a nice review you've done...

thanx for support guys

just gimme more of the same. its just a test!
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Apr 1, 2004 14:15
Great release from Aeon! All tracks with great ideas! My fav.3,4,7,8. More release in this way guys!It's great that in Brazil not only Morning fullon stuff and there r proggy-psy lovers!
Respect!
Best regards
Misha!
Taku
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Apr 4, 2004 14:30
i have yet to hear this, but really great to have a prog out from brazil!!

R-2

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 1, 2004 04:33
congratulations seth and inkubator for the cutting edge relese .... a lot of groove and nice selection ......
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 1, 2004 04:42
Overall a pretty good compilation. My personal favourite is "Dream Experience", the best track so far from Sensient in my opinion. Nighttime progressive, but also extremely uplifting - great work. Other highlights for me are Yotopia and Nasser, Tetraktys, Setherian, Nuclear Ramjet and Kino Oko with that lovely funky groove. A solid debut compilation from Aeon.

8/10 from me.          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 16, 2004 15:33
very cool compilation !!!
some nice proggy tunes out there, especially tetraktys, oxyd and sensient
setherian's track is also very nice and reminds me a bit of older s>range tunes
waiting the new compilation now, good luck
luje

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 21, 2004 00:09
I got the same nice feeling on Setherian's too, Side.

That one, plus tetrakys, oxyd, sensient and fabel are my faves.

8/10
inkubator
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 21, 2004 18:09
love u guys...

stay tuned for more...           just gimme more of the same. its just a test!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Arise "Aeon Records"

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance