Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Viktan - Trillenium (Sphere Records 2003) CD
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Viktan - Trillenium (Sphere Records 2003) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Mar 2, 2004 17:48
Viktan - Trillenium

Cover: http://217.160.164.51/pic/sph1cd006_b.jpg

Format: CD
Artist: Viktan
Title: Trillenium
Label: Sphere Records, U.K.
Cat. #: SPHCD006
Year: 2003

Track listing:

01. 07’03” Full Effect
02. 06’59” Virtual Mind
03. 06’45” More Music
04. 06’44” The Truth
05. 06’07” Pump
06. 06’51” Dr Nonono
07. 05’16” Ama - Zone
08. 06’50” Far From Over
09. 06’26” Life Symphony

Review:

Yes, I’m a bit late on this one… Released last summer, but not reviewed here on Isratrance, and for that reason I think it deserves a review…

First album from Vik Shefi and A-Tan Injection… A couple of well known Israeli producers… I didn’t know much about them though, but who really cares!?... Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Yeah well, the title is well chosen. This kicks in immediately… A few horror-movie samples… The good old progressive full on formula… It has some interesting squelching sounds in the middle…Kinda sounds like a pitched up panpipe or something of that sort… Whatever the hell it is, it sounds cool! Also, I like the build-up… The basis of the track is pretty standard – dare I say slightly boring – full on, however all the surrounding effects almost makes it up for that…Average track.

#02: The base of the track is nicer here… More layered with percussion… This has a certain funk feel to it… Oh, and it has this really untimely sample about sea turtles… Odd, but the following acid squelch-a-rama hits you like a fist… Nice track!

#03: Hip-hop, lounge, funk, jazz… What the fug? I like the odd-ball intro to this track… And it continues to be a weird little piece, but highly original…This could easily be Texas Faggot or similar Finnish freak show-acts… Progressive psy, with all kinds of weird shit sprinkled in between… You have to be really open minded to appreciate this, but most of us are I think… Check out the hilarious saxophone at the end… Hehe… Cool track!

#04: So we’re kinda getting back in the saddle now… Heavy, dark, fast-paced psytrance here… But what’s with the samples of cheering crowds? What is this – Scooter? It gets really, really intense for the last couple of minutes though… Nice track!

#05: More percussion in this pumping little thing… [Pun intended]… Badabing, Badaboom, this is straight forward psy… Not too complicated, not too boring… Emphasis is on melodies and hard-hitting acid lines… Decent track!

#06: My name is Doctor Nonono! Argh, those whiney synths in the beginning bugs me! ;o( The rest of the track is much better… Most melodic piece here and you really bob your head to this one… Driving, epic melodies… Nice track!

#07: Floaty start, but soon we are hit by terror-guitars… Yes, they are still fashionable… Actually, they rock! Heavy distorted guitars over heavy distorted melodies – a winning combination! This track was done with Gataka from Sento Sesto, and this is some hardhitting, funky shit… In the best sense of funky shit… Great track!

#08: But it’s far from over… You will nod in recognition when you hear this intro… It has distinctive IM – Bust A Move elements… But it’s ok; it’s not too distinct… Gone are the hard, distorted beats, and happy, joyful sounds are in focus... Also present is the usual mishmash of weird sounds and that whiney synth from #06… And it still bugs me! Decent track!

#09: The usual slower last track here… This is a wobbly piece, that can’t really decide whether is want to be chill or trance… It’s a hybrid… But that’s cool; it’s a quite ok track!

This is a decent album – but nothing more… It has some interesting ideas – but nothing more… Some tracks have potential – but nothing more… There are no amazing tracks, but no outstanding tracks either… It’s not bad at all; it’s just not really good either. I do however like the diversity – all the “chances taken” in #03 for instance is something I really endorse… I can’t however, stretch myself to giving this more than an average score.

5.5/10

Favourites: 3(!!), 7

DeathPosture

External links:
Ajuca Productions: http://www.ajucaproductions.co.uk
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sph/sph1cd006.html (soundclips available)
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=sphcd06

On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Viktan - Trillenium (Sphere Records 2003) CD

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance