Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - I can only laugh...

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

I can only laugh...

XrTC

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 23, 2004 23:36
...at the party "scene" in greece!

First, "funny" things were happening in athens. now it seems thessaloniki is in trouble... i personally am glad that nothing is happening here (athens), cos it actually is better not to do anything rather than do something wrong. i no longer have to worry about "which party to attend" - "will i get a drink with the entrance ticket?" - "will i actually listen to the dj i payed to listen?" - "will i have a good time or the place will be too crowded?" - "will the party be ruined by the cops?" etc etc etc... if you've been there, then you know what i am talking about...

to the promoters: i don't know what are the factors that "forbid" you from actually making something right. could be the lack of knowledge on how to do it right. could be drug-related issues between you. could be even the fact that you are greek. could be anything! i am only speculating and personally don't know how it works, that's why i am keeping out of this business (perhaps you should do the same).

to the trancers: ask yourself why do you go to parties. as i think of it there are mainly 3 reasons. a) the music, well i am sure everyone can find new music (even unreleased tracks). b) the fun, well you can certainly have fun with your friends somewhere else too. c) the drugs, no need to go to a party to take/find drugs...

ok i admit that nothing compares to a real party, but since parties in greece are not REAL i suggest that we stick to something else for a change. that would be good in lots of aspects. good for ourselves cos we can use our energy to do something more creative and good for the "scene" which will collapse (i really await for this REALLY), allowing things to happen the way they should (with new promoters, or with old promoters but with new "minds").

i am sorry this post is so big, but i guess it shows the love i have for this music / scene.

p.s. i started with "i can only laugh..." ---well, now i can't do this either........
Respect is earned, not demanded...
http://www.myspace.com/xrtcmusic
Pan Papason
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jan 23, 2004 23:43
nice one brother..           Have a good time.... ALL the time
info@panpapason.com
www.panpapason.com
nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 24, 2004 01:03
LOL I see nothing much have changed in Greece since I played there.... Well actually when I think about it it have changed.... It seem to be even more unorganised and even more people seem to fight eachother.... Viva The Greek party Mafia

But still I love the Country and the Malakas

I hope to be able to come back and visit again soon and eat Souvlaki
XrTC

Posted : Jan 24, 2004 21:07
u r right elysium, things are getting worse and worse...
i just don't get it.. how come our cypriot friends for example organise perfect events, they help each other and have no problems at all..??? (nothing against cyprus, i am even jealous of you guys cos ,from what i hear, your events are excellent!)........
at least i am glad i experienced a good year of parties, after that.........
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jan 24, 2004 21:34
XrTC hopefully the good parties will come back to Athens and not just for another year           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
XrTC

Posted : Jan 26, 2004 03:41
Quote:

On 2004-01-24 21:34, DETOX wrote:
XrTC hopefully the good parties will come back to Athens and not just for another year

well hopefully things will be a lot different by then, cos if nothing changes they better not come back...           .
linos(Temple Records)

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 28, 2004 12:02
Hi bros, we(Temple) as one of the main organisers of psy events down here in Cyprus and we ....as Creeks down here in Cyprus are flattered to hear that our work is even a bit noticed by you guys! A big respect! Well it seems that things down here for the time being are not so bad in terms of competing each other in such a bruttal way for the scene,,,, I dont know if that is gonna change(its a greek thing anyway to fight each other) I hope not! The key is to all realise that the scene is not that big promoters are proportionally more than the ravers so what is left??????? Well we either make collaborations in parties e.g 2 promoting teams organise an event, we never have two psy parties the same night not even the same week and we try to have good communication between us trying to help each others party so as to get as more people to one party! Our main objective is not to earn money but to earn as many people for the scene! Believe me we did so many parties and most of the times because of the high cost of the decor, which is always unbelievable as we are trying to show that psy events has a unique concept a concept that has nothing to do with other scenes, we hardly cover our costs!
Anyway, people down there in Athens or wherever should get together and unite. We entered this scene because we believe that we are different from the rest, with the goa spirit and everything! Well its about time to show it! It will be a great loss for our scene if not!
Sorry for my big reply!
A big respect to all of you!
Peace
          .......I will go lose my self, and wander up and down to view the secret city.............
gkalpakas

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 28, 2004 21:34
thats the spirit linos,
detox the good parties for you are the ones that have more than 1000 tickets i do not believe you care for anything else
XrTC

Posted : Jan 28, 2004 22:13
linos
our promoters haven't convinced me that they serve this "goa spirit" and i really don't think they will ever be able to...           .
DETOX

Posted : Jan 29, 2004 14:39
Gkalpakas the good parties for me are the ones that good music is played and where the people have fun.

I dont care if there are 1000 people or 100 people though i prefer more commercial events thats the truth.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
XrTC

Posted : Feb 8, 2004 19:34
this thread is open for quite a while now...
and NOT EVEN ONE disagrees with what i have written..?
have to say i am really surprised, cos i expected at least promoters or friends of promoters or even some people that still go to parties, to have a different opinion and/or defend themselves!
i guess they pretend they didn't see this, or should i expect changes in the "scene" in the near future??? (dream on xrtc)
i just hate me sometimes.................           .
DETOX

Posted : Feb 8, 2004 23:37
XrTC the organisation of a party is a very very complicated thing that cannot be discussed on a public forum or even through the net...

Not to mention the situation on todays greek psy trance scene.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
XrTC

Posted : Feb 10, 2004 03:58
well i bet it is a complicated thing. one must figure out how to take people's money and people not even notice (not to mention complain). i have to say i really congratulate our promoters on this one!

but this thread is not about organising a party. it's about realizing that we are not heading towards the right direction. our parties SUCK BIG TIME comparing to other countries, and i know i am not the only one that has come to understand it.

promoters: go on, keep charging us as many euros as you can, without offering even the standards... we love you!

trancers: go on, keep spending your moneys if you love this music. give 'em to these people (promoters) that love this scene as much as you do (for sure!).

and then we can all -give 5 euros to the bar to- have a beer together (cos it aint free with the ticket) and talk about how a good time we are ALL having..............................

DETOX

Posted : Feb 10, 2004 12:50
Xrtc the only problem for you is the high ticket price?

Cause thats what i can figure out from your sayings.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
XrTC

Posted : Feb 11, 2004 04:53
my problem is in the quality of the parties we get.

let me say that one more time: QUALITY!           .
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - I can only laugh...

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance