Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Forum Bug Report - Mac compatible?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mac compatible?

nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Dec 22, 2003 13:59
It's now almost every day that your otherwise superb forum dont function properly on a Mac.

Your forum stall and refuse to load the pages for time intervals of 1-5 minutes. It's sometimes possible to go and read private messages but it's impossible to load the different forum's or to go to the control panel.

It's a wellknown fact that many forum's are not up to date when it come to cross-platform coding and cross platform browsers compatability.
This is in most cases due to the badly microsoft technology implemented and should be quite simple to adjust so all users regardless their systems have a equal plesant experience.

So what does Isratrance do to work around the compatility issue? It's a fact that some use Mac in this forum (especially artists) and I hope you also want them to enjoy the forum just as the PC people out there?

Info:

Mac OS X 10.3.1

Browsers:
Safari 1.1.1
(Mac) Internet Explorer 5.2

To all have a nice Christmas and a happy New Year
ShivaS
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Dec 22, 2003 15:06
well as mentioned before slowness is cause of other reasons and no connection to the code.
Since site is hosted on UNIX it has no connection to the OS/platform u r using. And usually hosting sites on Windows also doesn't make a sense.

In that case all Your OS should know is to work usual http get/post commands and just download HTML code (output) which should be correctly displayed in browser that supports all newest client side technologies like DHTML, JS, CSS1/2 and of course HTML. (oh don't start with dhtml and html5, ok?:)

that's pretty all, so nothing i can add here besides that we are working on solving the problem of slowness, but we don't want a temporary solution. we found a good one which just takes us time to implement. But those who wait are always rewarded;)

Stay tuned;-)

p.s. the only incompatibility may appear with JS (DHTML) and but we haven't noticed any severe reports so far. So forum is working cross-browser without problems;-)           I may rise, but I won't shine ...
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 09:26
And yes, leaving technicalities, which I know nothing about, aside- Anyone can donate to us our own server, and then we won't be slow!

For donations contact me or ShivaS
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 03:13
You can donate a Mac G5 for Trip- also...           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jan 10, 2004 17:50
elysium... please share experiences on a mac with the new server forum. I'd like to know.           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Jan 11, 2004 16:54
All work fine except one thing.

When you logout the catche does not seem to change and it still look as if your logged in eventhough you're actually logged out.

I haven't changed anything to do with my browser catche and I do not have this minor problem anywhere else than on Isratrance.

Checked it on Apple's Safari 1.1.1

and

Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac.
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Jan 13, 2004 16:29
Found a new bug today.

When I login I sometimes have to login a 2nd time.

When I go to a forum like "trance" I am logged out again or so it seem like.

It only happen every 2nd or 3rd time I login.
ShivaS
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jan 13, 2004 20:22
why don't u just keep cookies?
about other things, well we are working on all now, including cookies;)
though again, if for 99.99% of users it works well what to do then?
besides do u have friends with same platforms and browsers? we might need a check on another similar computer, just to see..           I may rise, but I won't shine ...
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Jan 13, 2004 21:14
I do keep cookies and it's always worked without problems before

I am not sure who else that goes to this forum with the same system...sorry.
nobody_3
Inactive User

Posted : Jan 19, 2004 16:36
Found one more bug

I cant seem to delete a private message (IIMS) when I read it. I click on the trash can but it just takes me to the inbox list of messages. There's no problem to delete the messages while I see the list of messages.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Forum Bug Report - Mac compatible?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance