Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Nonexistant Musical Instruments
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Nonexistant Musical Instruments

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Dec 6, 2003 21:36
Have you ever heard a track and really analyzed it and picked it apart? ofcourse you have!
and in that analyzation have you ever tried to imagine the instruments that are used to make those sounds that we hear and that we like so much? i do it all the time, imagine my own unreal intruments, sometimes in great detail even, thinking of the construction of them to have them make those sounds that twists my thoughts oh so nicely

one sound that comes to mind is from CPU's -Peak Detector. i can see at one part a type of jamaican metal hollow drums that must have a strange glowing shiny silicon coating of somekind on them, cause this may be the only way this will make those sounds
i also ones envisioned a xylophone type device made out of the rattle part of the snakes, with digital hookups to it so it can be played on!

have you ever designed anything like this?

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Dec 6, 2003 22:45
You got quite an imagination
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Dec 6, 2003 23:30
i love this idea. i was planning on shooting a sort of trance music video type of thing that envisions the sounds of the trak being performed by the partiers on the dancefloor. their own feelings and emotions act as a realtime feedback mechanism for the beats themselves. in other words everyones collective consciousness is like an instrument in the orchestra with dj as conductor.           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Dec 6, 2003 23:41
Even if i wanted to analyze a track i wouldnt be able to do so since i have almost no music production education.

Me is dumb with a few words LOL           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
FluoSamsara (Oxygen)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Dec 7, 2003 00:35
I must say that before I had any idea on how dance (computer based) music was made, (about 4 yrs ago), I felt I loose myself much more easier, and I was always imagining like a band playing weird instruments and doing the tune live, its was quite amazing, hehehe

since I started making music that I tend to analyse the music in a much more technical way (not all the time, but when listening at home most times)

Other think that I do a lot, is imagining the music is not a music, but a conference of aliens screaming to each other... There's always the master alien, who speaks the major parts (like the wise old one), and then all the others are also screaming and making funny noises...All the aliens are diferent and make diferent sounds....hehehehe!!!Its a lot of fun! lol and some times they have very interesting discussions!

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Dec 7, 2003 01:05
Quote:

On 2003-12-07 00:35, FluoSamsara wrote:
Other think that I do a lot, is imagining the music is not a music, but a conference of aliens screaming to each other... There's always the master alien, who speaks the major parts (like the wise old one), and then all the others are also screaming and making funny noises...All the aliens are diferent and make diferent sounds....hehehehe!!!Its a lot of fun! lol and some times they have very interesting discussions!

i totally know what youre talking about! its like the the body and intro and finale of the track all are dialogues or monologues to dictate instructions.

sometimes i even feel its essential that we are put through certain parts just to understand the whole idea when it comes at the end with full power and in its entirety, we GET IT!
Hg
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Dec 8, 2003 16:03
Quote:

On 2003-12-07 01:05, Surrender wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-12-07 00:35, FluoSamsara wrote:

i totally know what youre talking about! its like the the body and intro and finale of the track all are dialogues or monologues to dictate instructions.

sometimes i even feel its essential that we are put through certain parts just to understand the whole idea when it comes at the end with full power and in its entirety, we GET IT!

100% agreed! I even call the newbies by the name of "Baby aliens" and so on, the story continues!           cna't find it
VCO
Inactive User

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 8, 2003 16:43
The non existant instruments you are talking about are circuits that output simple or more complex waveforms, or complex mathematical equations that model the circuitry of real analog modules such as oscillators, filters, etc.

Every single complex sound/waveform can be broken down into individual sine waves using a mathematical method know as Fourier analysis (Fast Fourier Transforms...FFT).

It is all about that simple sinx that we all studied at school.           A digital waveform is nothing more than an imperfect representation of the perfect analogue one.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Dec 8, 2003 17:27
and still VCO i distincltly saw a monkey type bug with wings last night, that got stuffed obviously because if it was alive it would be very hard for the deamon who played guitar using it (for its sharp metallic nails ofcourse) to use him as a pick on his monster guitar....

this all happened on CPU - Down the Stairs...

sine waves.... ha!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Dec 8, 2003 17:46
and further then that suzzane, in Hallucinogen - Mi-Luni-Um i can see a huge rotating device with a long crane arm that spins around on a ball-bearing type track (cause it sounds smooth) and hits little niches in the walls to produce those sounds...

man, that simon constructed that whole machine (its huge!) just to get that sound in 25 seconds of his track....

now thats dedication!
VCO
Inactive User

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 8, 2003 17:50
Quote:

On 2003-12-08 17:27, Surrender wrote:
and still VCO i distincltly saw a monkey type bug with wings last night, that got stuffed obviously because if it was alive it would be very hard for the deamon who played guitar using it (for its sharp metallic nails ofcourse) to use him as a pick on his monster guitar....

this all happened on CPU - Down the Stairs...

sine waves.... ha!

Maybe you should concider changing dealers.
That shit you got last time had expired or something?           A digital waveform is nothing more than an imperfect representation of the perfect analogue one.
black_dew
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Dec 8, 2003 18:15
Quote:

i can see at one part a type of jamaican metal hollow drums that must have a strange glowing shiny silicon coating of somekind on them

demn ! you are a killer man !!!
What an imagination !!!
do u paint or something ?
if u do...i wanna see your works !!!
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Dec 8, 2003 20:26
X-Dream - Irritant (the album).

Cranes, construcion vehicles, factories... It's all in there
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Nonexistant Musical Instruments

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon