Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Infected American Trance Radio
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected American Trance Radio

Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 11:03
Does anyone have any ideas on how we can infect more Americans with Psychedelic Trance?
I believe that the best way to spread the Trance Virus is through the medium of independent college radio stations. Does anyone agree? Disagree?
I'd like to know your opinion on the matter.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 11:20
yeah, college radio is nice, for sure.

Outdoor festivals is the way, imo. Maybe initially through collaboration with other types of 'psychedelic' music, like dub reggae, acid techno, and even jam bands.
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 03:19
YEs, i personally actually got exposed to psychedelic music first through jam bands than realized it was garbage and found trance . but college radio is also a good idea, i personally am a college student at the university of pennsylvania and will have complete creative control of a radio slot next semester.

psy virus will spread to the american youth if i have my say. . . . {'')(''}
<>
|_____|
green nun
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 20:57
I think college radio is a great platform to introduce this style of music...but let me be devil's advocate and ask..How necessary do you think it is to advertise this music? I mean if we really wanted to then I think collectively we could make this style of music take off in the U.S. but do we really want that and to what degree? It seems that in places where this style of music has been pushed or "over-promoted" the scene has taken some negative turns..Should the growth be a natural growth which evolves and grows as people grow and evolve spiritually?           Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 6, 2003 00:01
thats a good point. read the brazil section.
          ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
Demi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 7, 2003 07:30
strart making drops and the market of psyheads will increase drastically *-)
          www.vertigo-records.com
***POOJA GROUP***
maygun604
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 7, 2003 08:06
i don't think i would "get" psy music if i just heard it on the radio. it is more about the whole party experience. . .
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Nov 7, 2003 12:14
Though if I was already slightly familiar with it, it would be a good way to dig a little deeper and find more stuff to listen to.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 7, 2003 15:58
when i was in Univ. and lived in the the dorms (freshman year) i tried to spread the virus to anyone who mistakenly (muhahahaha!) came on the same floor i lived on, since you cant really tell anyone to turn the music down until 8pm, i had it blasting and some virgins were reached... i cant tell you that they really caught on, but they definatelly liked it... again it was 1997 and so all i had to play for them was shakta, AP, MFG and more old school stuff, that is not as "digestable" as the stuff today. even for me sometimes it was too noisy or too chaotic. but i really think the only way to insert the music is if a brave dj from a club that plays that shit trance stuff (tiesto and such) actually closed with something good.... that way he has the 2000 people open already and ready for just about anything. i heard Tall Paul play and XDream track once at the end of his set and everyone at it up and i remember they talked about it... so maybe thats a way to do it?           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 8, 2003 02:38
HAHA, at school ive been doing exactly the same thing. i just popped one cherry;) at the ecliptic party and 5 more are coming in for astral at arc... you just have to find the people that are open and it comes naturally.           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Infected American Trance Radio

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance