Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Spyweirdos - Fairytale (Devic Craft Cordings)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Spyweirdos - Fairytale (Devic Craft Cordings)

Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Aug 25, 2003 18:24
CD1: Redhood's Sleeping:
1. Spells in Magice Cave
2. Ice of Sugar
3. Real Time Mistery
4. Fairy in the Forest
5. Banku Apo
6. Let your Heart Fly your Body
7. Movie like Life
8. Acid Factory
9. Toasted Brain
10. Vampires Party
11. Smiley for Daddy
12.Rabbit for Robbertino

CD2: Redhood's Dancing:
1. Fairy Tale
2. Smallest Being
3. Funk tha Disco
4. Playground
5. Firedance
6. Ahaa Rock
7. Soryps
8. Weirdness
9. Black Eyes 2 See U
10. Wired Bush
11. Too-Toot
12. Fluffy and Horny

First I must point out that the cover is amazing!!! One of the best covers I've seen in ages. Just for the cover you people should buy the c.d. And on top of everything, you've got a magic wand attched inside the cover. Really, only by looking at the c.d you get a really trippy and psychedelic experience.

I bought this c.d thanks to the recommendation of the Krembbo dudes, who know I like to hear interesting and unsual things. And I can tel you this c.d doesn't get out of my c.d player. It has been ages since I heard such innovative trippy psychedelic music. It ressembles to nothing you hear these days.

This is a Greek label (Devic Craft Cordings), which really amazed me, cause I was sure it was a Finnish label.
This album contains it all. The artist (Spyros Polychronopoulos) manages to insert breakbit music, drum and bass music together with trance and much more interesting and innovative sounds. I do not think it's a dancefloor c.d, but it's defenitely more than chillout too. It makes your mind work afterhours. The music is so interesting, all you want to do is explore it again and again. And each time you will find new and reveal new sounds / stories.

One thing I do not understand is why the called the first c.d Redhood's Sleeping, when it's clearly not a chill c.d, and the second Redhood's Dancing, when it's clearly not a dancefloor c.d but a chill one. I think there was a mix-up.

I don't even know when this album was released. Coudn't find much information on their site, and not on Psyshop. But one thing I know - it's timeless music!

My rate: 10/10
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Gumbo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Aug 28, 2003 14:49
ohh yeah!! finnly wrote about it!! i bought it two weeks ago from mrembo and DAMN its a good one ! ! great taste u got raver!
try also the Clairaudience compil' it featuers lots'a carzy sounds , loopus,spyweardos and some more crazy psylobs heads! i think krembo got it..
again great taste u got!! !
Btw: its spyweardos..
          Follow u'r Spirit without hesitation.
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 28, 2003 19:35
Hehehe Gumbo... I see you also do your shopping at Krembo.
Yes, I also bought the Clairudience c.d. I will review it soon. For now I just can't stop listening to this one.

Btw, the cover of Clairudience and the cover of the Psyzion party organization site is the same

Also, after some checking, I found out this album was released in 2001.

And thanks for corercting me Gumbo

And most important of all, soon, the new Rip Van Hippy c.d!!!!!!!!!!! (By this same label of course). This should be a master piece.          Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Gumbo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Aug 30, 2003 21:58
van hippy at the krembo? last year i find his first album (Waking Up Is Hard To Do) at the "Hor Bashahor" (hole in tha' black) its a second hand cd's , tapes and vinyls store in King George street..
hmm.. sounds nice.. but the prices in krembo's ripps your pockets.. and i'm a freakin' soldier i dont have to much money...
          Follow u'r Spirit without hesitation.
Spyweirdos
Spyweirdos

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 1, 2003 17:07
RaverGiRLLLLLL thanX a Lot foR the rEview =)!!!
AbOut the redhood sleeping-dancing it was one more funny thing...
I tryied a Lot for the arT...and U R so kind
I'm about to finnish a new album I think double again very soon...workin' on it...
THANX again!!!.....
have an email incase you need something...
spyros_po@hotmail.com          goblins & arrows
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 1, 2003 23:35
Hey Spyros... Good to see you in our forum.
I should be thanking you.
I thought such innovative music was almost out of this world, an endangered species.
It brings me a lot of joy to see such quality music is still being produced.

Cannot wait for your upcoming album, and good to hear it's coming out soon

And please make more covers like this

Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Spyweirdos
Spyweirdos

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 2, 2003 01:10
ehhhhhh
I was not in the forum I signed in only to thank you.. =)
But the tracklist is oposite dancing-sleeping... ;-)
ehhh
if you would like whatever feel free in my email...
Spyros Polychronopoulos
elektric sheep
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 25, 2003 19:31
Than yu Ravergirl for spotting this & Mr Spy Weirdo for the music. I ordered two copies for me and a friend from Saiko Sounds and when it arrived we had a good chuckle at the cover art. The CD's do sound mixed up, I really love the 'dancing' CD which is fantastic after you listen to it for a while. Not a dance album, some pretty basic sounds in places, but awesome music and good composition.
Maybe I can compare this to Two Lone Swordsmen!!!! Theres even a cool rap on the one track...
I am glad that labels are releasing this stuff, it makes such a refreshing change from the usual psytrance and chill by numbers...
freaky bob

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 3, 2003 09:15
this label sounds incredible ravergirl. inspired me enough to check out the website and get in touch with the label. thanks for that.           if the truth can be told so as to be understood it will be believed
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 3, 2003 11:03
Ah Bob, it's a fine fine label. A pearl!
Check out also this release of theirs: http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21040&forum=9
Also, soon I'll be reviewing another album from this label.           Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
unno
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 3, 2003 11:53
Has anyone recieved this beatifully packaged cd case, with either one of the cds, fucked!
In the sense that on the 'laser' side of the cd of Redhood´s dancing i found a blot of paint, near the edge, which, well is not very pleasing especially since the music is so so so Nice, so dreamy, so playful,
...... ..i have only heard one of the cds, i cant wait to hear the other one.
In general, the quality of the sound fits perfectly with the whole concept of the cd, pure crystal clear fairy,gnome sounds.---
I recommend this cd to everyone looking for fairy music.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
freaky bob

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 3, 2003 12:24
ravergirl: i noticed that the same label also have released some more shaolin wooden men, now there's genius if i ever heard it!! will certainly be getting my grubby little paws on that that is for sure!           if the truth can be told so as to be understood it will be believed
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 3, 2003 13:12
Yes but it was released only on vinyl

Unno, what do you mean? I didn't understand what happened to the c.d you got           Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
unno
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 5, 2003 23:38
OK ,two things now!!
First i Explain, again, the cd came 'scratched' before even using it , it is unable to read the last minute of the penultimate song, and tottaly unable to read the last song, both on chill cd.
Plus, the dance cd, has 11 songs, were it says on the cd case, it has 12 songs!!!!
Can some explain?

I am not even liking most of the songs anyway , anymore!! Too much drum n bas mixed with uncoherent electro experimenat on too many songs!!
Little variety really.           Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 4, 2004 10:18
Btw, I just found out Spyweirdos is half of Weird Alchemy!           Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Spyweirdos - Fairytale (Devic Craft Cordings)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance