Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Phoenix Rising ( Trishula Recs)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA Phoenix Rising ( Trishula Recs)

sHiVaMoOon

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 14, 2007 16:39
Artist - Various
Cd name - Phoenix Rising
Compiled by - Dj Mouka
Label - Trishula Records
Format - Jewel case
Mastered - 4cn-Studios
Artwork - Nemo

Tracklist

1. Attoya - Buddhist Symbol of the Triratna
2. Mubali Vs Kindzadza - Galactic Cannibalism
3. Mind Distortion Systems - Underworld
4. Dark Elf - Hot Bird Satelite
5. Darkpsy - Engine
6. Detonatik - Routeroot
7. Detonator Vs Darkshire - Mind Your Gap
8. Olien - Drophole
9. Chemical Spoon - Darkforces
10. Kemic-Al - Phantom Ki

Release Note -
At the end of its life-cycle the phoenix builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises…

"Phoenix Rising" is the new compilation compiled by Mouka and brings you another quality tracklist with some of the finest underground artists producing true psychedelic music. No compromise just pure psychedelic fun for the dance floor, a compilation with 10 tracks that are made for higher energy levels. The artists involved on the compilation are all in their own way masters of the psychedelia in psytrance music.
For this special edition Nemo has made the beautiful artwork for the compilation, a "Phoenix Rising".

Review
1. The CD opens at 148 bpm with this gentle mental nocturnal track. Very nice steady driving groove, perfect for an opening track. Not too hard at all with some nice melancholic riffs that come in towards the end. A perfect track to open or close a set with. This track has an extremely spiritual message in its minimality.8/10

2. Next comes up two big boys, and the USA vs Russia faceoff reminds me a bit of Rocky 4 hehe The tempo drops down to 147 for this one, but the intensity goes up a notch from the last track. The bassline as it starts is tight and stompy with trippy nocturnal twists and foresty sounds accompanying it and going in and out sort of like an insect orchestra. Towards the middle of the track, theres a nice drum roll and off the track goes into the power mode. Bassline takes off and the insects get pretty high from what it sounds like Good solid tune, would work well in the early part of a night set.7/10

3. Now here comes one of my fav upcoming producers MDS, a 148 track that starts of with a great galloping bassline reminds me off a Spartan warrior launching into battle on his chariot. The bassline does wonders to this track and accentuates all other elements that are happening along with it making it feel completely in sync! Good track here with a nice hectic ending where all elements come together again for a nice solid finish. 8/10

4. Next comes up the talented young greek with also a 148 bpm track, this one takes you more into your mind than the dancefloor, very minimal but deep this track is as it starts. As it goes on further it starts building into a frenzy, very nice use of percussions and i like the way this guy funks things up in his own way with the bass and the kick. Good solid track here again. 7/10

5. Now the CD gets into the zone with a favorite producer of mine, rock solid basslines, vocal, and synths. Absolutely killer production and a powerful night track, this bomb i will drop in my sets for a long time to come. I dont believe this guy wants to make fullon music now, your a dark lord man c'mon! Great track with a very powerful finish! 8/10

6. Now with pride i listen to our local lad Jassi. Boy this guy is making some spanking music. Killer driving bassline, extremely well articulated synths, love the bass change and f..king around after 2:20. You just made my night track list with this one as well buddy. This track is one of the best on this cd and its great to see him put out such good work with such a stellar dark lineup. Keep killing it like this in the future bro, very intelligent dark music and great production. Proud Proud Proud!!! 9/10

7. The tempo goes down from 148 to 146 with this track, good solid production and nice basslines and synths but i really want more variety when it comes to these guys music. I have always loved this combination and still play a lot of their older tracks together but with this one it feels like the same theme being repeated, c'mon you guys got what it takes, now funk it up for us big time! 7/10

8. Back to 148 again with Mr olien and his freaky sound. A short, sinister track with oliens unique flavour. Good job but i liked a lot of the tracks on his album a lot more.
6/10

9. Now comes an extremely refreshing tune, i love chemical spoon. Really good bassline, steady and driving through the tune, with lots of funky synths, nice percussions and i love the vocal samples . This track is light on the body and mind without losing a lot of depth. Good track with some fun twists and turns, would love to play this at the end of a hard dark set just before sunrise! 8/10

10. Didnt like this track so much, i just think its not me or my style so thats probably why. But if you like bizarre dark sounds then this one is for you. 6/10

Nice artwork by Nemo

Overall a killer compilation from Trishula and DJ Mouka and definitely a must have for your case logic, so grab one now!!!

My ranking system
10/10 hard to achieve by anybody i have high standards!
9/10 Simply superb u touched my heart with this one
8/10 Most impressed
7/10 Good job and good quality work that deserves credit.
6/10 Good but could be better.
          (Rudraksh / Amaris records)
VA "DEEP FRIED" compiled by Dj Shiva Moon out now on Rudraksh Records!
VA Ahimsa double cd compilation out now!
VA " Fry or Die " under construction!
www.rudrakshrecords.com
www.amarisrecords.com
Amaris Records
Amaris Records

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 14, 2007 17:31
Trishula does it again, every release has been super.
Surely going to pick up a copy of this to add to my list of trishula cd's and logic.
Very nice review man Shiv, very detailed and to the point.
Congrats and all the best to trishula, keep em coming!
Bom           **********************************
VA LUNIK > 2007
VA PSYENTOLOGY - Coming Soon!!
Amaris Records--
www.myspace.com/amarisrecords
Trishula Records
Trishula Records

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 14, 2007 22:32
Thanks for the review track by track, good job done and I am happy you wrote it Shiv

Mouka

www.trishula-records.com
www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-media.com
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jul 15, 2007 08:17
Coolio review Shiv, good one

As for the CD, it was pretty cool. The detonatik, MDS & Mubali Kdd are sweet. Was very very surprised the Kemik-al track managed to get onto this lineup or any other line up for that matter hehe, i thought it was quite terrible, but just a personal opinion

Good one Mouka, your label kicks ass as always.

Cheers
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jul 15, 2007 12:32
Yeah a nice release, i didnt fancy the kemic-al track either, Otherwise, attoya's track is beautiful and Detonatik has also delivered nicely !!

Boom to trishula

SHiva            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Evil Doctor Inc
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jul 16, 2007 11:24
good cd keep em comin the olien and detonator vs darkshire tracks are real smooth. Kdd vs mubali definately interesting

Peace
tinks

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 16, 2007 16:50
detonator v/s darkshire , detonatik, MDS rock for me...

chemical spoon is really interesting track .. super work
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 22, 2007 22:11
nice cd !!!

http://www.trancecritic.com/modules.php?name=MReviews&op=show&rid=310           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
XaMã CirKus aKa. ay-ash

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 23, 2007 23:27
OLA!!!

One more nice cd!!! Nice sound nice bpm nice TRIPE !

BoOMm & SHULA
          !!!Dance Until You FighT your Fears!!!

http://www.myspace.com/xamacirkus

XXX REc
mind distortion system
Mind Distortion System

Posted : Aug 29, 2007 12:54
nice review.
and nice cd. i'm happy again to be on.
big bom to trishula.
          Sound Sampler: http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2016811
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 4, 2007 22:52
Again a nice one by Trishula. Favourites for me here so far are the Dark-Elf and Olien ones.
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Sep 11, 2007 21:45
very nice cd
atmospheric
3,4,5 and 7 stand out           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 13, 2007 04:52
Cool CD!!

Detonatik track is my favorite
Arjuna
Arjuna

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 03:18
really nice cd! my favorites are MDS, kindzamubali and detonatik
boom
Phoboss

Posted : Sep 19, 2007 11:56
Really nice cd!!! keep working +_+

fav track : Detonatik - Routeroot

Killer artist for sure and mate too

Good day to all
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Phoenix Rising ( Trishula Recs)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance