Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Helicon In Trance [Helicon Sound System]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Helicon In Trance [Helicon Sound System]

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jun 22, 2007 19:56
Artist: VArious Artists
Title: Helicon In Trance
Format: CD
Label: Helicon Sound System (Greece)

Tracklist:
1 – Mind Antivirus – Setup.exe
2 – Nom – Helicon
3 – Phovos And Dimos – Crisp Meadow
4 – Double Trouble – Dance Upper Pressure
5 – Dark Elf – X
6 – Cymazz – Mind Control Room
7 – Narcosis- The Doll Master
8 - Septagram – Gone Fishin´
9 – Sipsis – Pall Bearar

This is the 1st release of Helicon Sound System, and I can tell you mates, it is a “hell” of a release. This compilation is in its entirety, orientated to night freaks - this is a CD with strong night music.
We start our voyage into the realms of this CD, with a chill-out track, made by Mind Antivirus, which is a project by Dj CRX, Holopain and friends. This one starts in a very smooth way, and at about 2:30 minutes, the track has a change of direction; it has an entrance of kick, and different use of sounds. It becomes more confuse, and “aggressive”.
Next we move into Helicon track, a product of Nature of Mind (Nom).In here we are in the world of multilayered twisted sounds and acid lines. The only thing I think it could have more is a little bit of variations in terms of percussion.
Phovos and Dimos, which is the same thing saying Narcosis and Nom, bring us Crisp Meadow, it starts with a powerful kick and bass, it is a dry track, with the use of random sounds, that all combined together give a creepy atmosphere into the tune. Once again twisted ness is the key word.
Dance Upper Pressure, is the Double Trouble “present” in this compilation. This artist is a combination between Dark Elf and Apnea. This tune has a more sharp production, and clean sounds. The 1st 2 minutes, are the build of the track, after this beginning we have raw power till the end of it. Aggressive leads mixed with soft melodies, some hypnotic elements here and there make an excellent combination. Very well built track.
Track nr. º 5 is my favourite track of this compilation. X is its name, and it is produced by Dark Elf, one of my favourite Greek producers. Starts with some male distorted sample, and this one is one of a ride, 6:49 minutes of pure pleasure. It has the particularity of some whistle samples, never heard this kind of sounds in a track, and it surprised me a lot. In fact, it surprised me so much, that the 1st times I heard this sample, I was wondering who was whistling near me . At 4: 07, we have some child samples mixed with a smooth friendly sample.
Mind Control Room is made by Cymazz. Great track with amazing leads, good choice of sounds and great work of production. Interesting ideas, and I wonder where this dudes go get their ideas for production music like this – pure psychedelic from minute 1 to the last. Doesn’t let you go down for a second. This one must make wonders of confusion on a dance floor.
The Doll Master is track nr. º 7. Narcosis in here gave a good approach how to make people dance, the track itself is very well filled with squeezed sounds, random sounds, and the kick and bass make a brilliant combination but the work with the hats is very very good, gives you a lot of rhythm to move.
Septagram is the child product by Dark Elf and Darkshire, and in here we move into territories of more hypnotic sounds, sounds coming from nowhere and going has fast has they appeared. I detach the part of the track at 4:27, where we have the introduction of phantasmagorical sounds mixed with twisted music in the background.
And when I realize we are in the last track of the compilation. Pall Bearer is the track’s name, and it is a work by Narcosis and Cymazz. And what can we expect from such duo combination? In one side we have the work of percussion of Narcosis, on the other side we have Cymazz psychedelic sounds – so we have a “deadly” combination. This is another of my favourites, and this one is meant to be played at high night hours. Pure madness, nice brakes, very dynamic tune.
To conclude this review: this 1st release of Helicon Sound System, is a release designed to be played at night, but watch yourself and your brain when you hear this tunes, because this is pure night madness. A note of the inside booklet, it comes with the description of the artist and who made what, who is who and some pictures of this “shamans”. It also comes with the following message – “…In the beginning, there was the night. The night gave birth to an egg. When the time was right the egg opened up and spited. The 1st half went high and become the sky and the second one fell down and became the earth. From the egg came Eros, the one who connects everything and he’s in the root of every life form, mortal and immortal. Cosmos is a community in which humans, Gods and every living form connects inside. Through harmony, the right portions and justice cosmos is a community which connects the sky and the earth. We deliver the message in the 21st century. Dj CRX”
Keep up the good work Helicon Sound System, at least I am craving for more madness

Khaos Sektor
Khaos Sektor

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jun 22, 2007 20:32
good news keep the good work CRX
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 10:22
Is this released , please more details on the release details :?:
I have been waiting for this to come out.

bom shiva            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 12:03
superb review andre, thank you
glad u liked the cd

it is released, but it's an independant prod., so official and usual shops couldnt deal with CRX coz the product was ready, printed, sealed, and without their logo.

its available through paypal and some other ways, please mail dj CRX grofd@hotmail.com, and ask him all the details u need

i like this cd a lot, very glad of the concept, as its all in all our old party team releasing a cd 100 % made in Athens !!!

more soon for sure
ciao !           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Posted : Jun 23, 2007 12:05
http://myspace.com/heliconsoundsystem           http://darkelf.gr
k.t
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 16:03
killler. killer. killer.
this cd is some power shit.

boooM greek power , n fuck piracy n get in touch wit CRX and buy this one

leave piracy to the pirates of the caribbean           ------------------------------------
enter the time of CounterCulture !
mouka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 24, 2007 11:49
Yeah good production here, best tracks are 4-9           www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-records.com
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jun 26, 2007 18:32
Thanks so much for the excellent review from a person that I really like and respect his music selections!
the vas coming from HSS will always have a reasons of existance
thank u very much for the support u give to Athens Tribal Unity and we hope to meet evry city's Tribal Unity to make our world connected !
MUSIC TECHNOLOGY AND REPETITIVE LOOPS TOWARDS MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE
www.myspace.com/heliconsoundstem

Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
-=dj fAkE=-

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 4, 2007 08:21
I love that sipsis tunes, full of power
keep an eye the new hss releases will be killa!!
thankx crx 4 the support
prathiba

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 4, 2007 08:28
awesome cd ... for real i would recomend to ppl to hear .. it has so much variety ..
thanx kostas for making it get to my country ....
party party party
hehe
take care all of ya & cant wait for 2nd va release .. i bet it will come with more awesome artist

boom
Cosmic Ways            Cosmic Ways

"When its dark enough, you can see the stars".

www.myspace.com/c0smicways
www.myspace.com/heliconsoundsystem
http://www.myspace.com/lycantroprecords
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 17, 2007 20:47
After a long summer with 60 gigs from The HSS network worldwide an a strong support from the artists the cd is almost sold-out
only 200 cds left
thanks to everyone involved and to evryone danced and gave a damn!
respect,
CRX,HSS
Athens           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 22, 2007 10:12
Very nice va!!!

My favorite tracks are:

4 – Double Trouble – Dance Upper Pressure
5 – Dark Elf – X KILLERRRRRRRRRRR ONE!!!!
8 - Septagram – Gone Fishin´

All the best!!!

Bom Bom
          http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Posted : Sep 26, 2007 17:34
nice cd overall, many styles and tastes

i heard something is coming soon !!!

the HELICON II, but this time normally on the market.

Patience !!!           http://darkelf.gr
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 28, 2007 00:21
the tracklist is killer!
more info soon
CRX,HSS           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 16:00
^^ is there going to be a second part of this release?           ...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Helicon In Trance [Helicon Sound System]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance