Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Olien - Sounded Paratronic (Trishula)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Olien - Sounded Paratronic (Trishula)

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 19, 2007 15:29
Artist: Olien
Album: Sounded Paratronic
Label: Trishula Records
Released: March 2007
Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?trr1cd010_b.jpg:CDs/trr/trr1cd010.html:;

Tracklist:

1. Amanit (8:49)
2. Darkmatter (6:11)
3. Cosmide (7:34)
4. Wavpool (7:13)
5. Calmar (7:40)
6. Surfincaos (6:22)
7. Cybersphere (7:31)
8. Granularis (8:55)
9. Transmoveport (7:17)
10. Andsoon (10:33)

The review:

Olien eh? Had a chill release on Ajana Records (sister label of Trishula) before and release on a compilation of Trishula which I really liked. So I decided to get this one, and I must say this album hasn't disappointed me. Let's go through it track by track.

Track 1: We start off with some atmospherics, very dark oriented. A kick and bass come in, the song builds a little and takes off with muffled voice sampling in the background almost constantly and picking up quite a pace. Nice track as an opening.

Track 2: Aptly titled darkmatter, this one starts with some dark atmospherics again. A bass and kick soon follow after the little intro and we're off once again, much in the same vein as track 1, although even darker. Dark and brooding atmosphere in this one, as Olien seems to like a lot. (And me as well, hehehe) Great track, lots of building up and quite busy, I like the haunting melody in it at around 3:20 and onwards.

Track 3: Starts off with some sampling and dark atmosphere once again. A drilling bass and kick immediately come in after the brief rest and the song proceeds with haste again, dark all the way. Random synths and samples seem to fly all over the place. Great stuff for parties, this one has quite a drive. Like the way the dark atmosphere takes hold in this one.

Track 4: Starts off with a sample and a sound that's reminiscent of a racecar followed by a voice. A dry kick and beat come in and this one already sounds more busy than tracks before. A break follows and the darker atmospheres are back again. Proceeding from there it promises to be just as good as the tracks before. And I'm not mistaken. Good track.

Track 5: Starts off with some atmospherics again. A dark bassline comes in, together with a hard kickdrum. This one builds up again, playing with different hi-hats and swirling acidic sounds. The bassline changes suddenly at 1:25 and again at 1:44 where it returns to the darker pattern again. This song does that effect at certain points and this one has quite some breaks. Interesting track.

Track 6: Dark atmospherics again, building up, some muffled samples... you know the drill. A weaker kick than in the track before, but this one gets crazier near the end and still retains that dark atmosphere. Gets real wobbly near the end. Ok track.

Track 7: Starts off dark with some sampling as if you're underwater. Nice stuff. Some synths stereo-pan their way into your ear and a kickdrum and bassline come in. Hi-hats spinning, and we're off once more. Nice work on the breakbeat kinda percussion that's laid out under this. Lots of bassline changes, like in track 5. Good stuff. And yep, dark as always.

Track 8: Atmospherics. Changing dark basslines throughout the track, random synth garbles, sampling... sound familiar? It should. Getting tired of this? Hmmm nope, not at the moment. Nice track.

Track 9: Dark, strange sampling in this one, sometimes it sounds like there's a dentist drill in the background or something. Anyway, not one of my fave tracks here, it's less dark but more chaotic. Lots of sampling, lots of effects, but ultimately less 'soul' than the other tracks. Don't like that very nervous skip-bassline either.

Track 10: Is a little slower, pretty dark again, somewhat less chaotic than track 9. Nice enough, pretty long, takes time to build and is pretty engaging. Not a bad way to finish off.

Conclusion time then: Phew. A dark ride (and chaotic at times). I survived the trip, and hey, it's pretty good stuff. Olien is more about the atmospheres than the actual melodies or psychedelia it seems and he does a good job in most tracks. I liked this album and for a debut album it's pretty good. 8/10 from me here and if you like the samples, do yourself a favor and go get this. It's another fine release from Trishula.

Listen to samples here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/trr/trr1cd010.html
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6444           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : May 19, 2007 15:42
great review for a great album. normally im not much of a fan of dark music, but this album just gets you hooked . big up to olien n trishula (h)
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
crovo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : May 19, 2007 23:36
this is absolutely a great release!
great music, great concept!

nice review!

all the best to Olien! i hope we can listen more and more new stuffs from he.

Obiit - Industrial Ambient
www.dead-tree.net/obiit

Dead Tree Productions - Obscure Psychedelic Trance Label
www.dead-tree.net

Uroboros Productions - Psychedelic Progressive/TechTrance Label
http://uroboros.dead-tree.net
mouka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 20, 2007 13:16
Cheers Acidhive for the excellent review here, I am very
happy and also speak for Olien that this album pleases sooo many people.

As Squirm says he is not a fan of dark music and let me express
once again Trishula is all about psychedelic trance and not about darkpsy.

Of course there are "dark" elements in our music but that
is st different, that is the twisted atmosphere in the music.

www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-records.com
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : May 21, 2007 10:38
My album of the moment....very talented guy. Great atmospheres and percussion. I like all the tracks on this but Calmar and Darkmatter are my favs.
XaMã CirKus aKa. ay-ash

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 22, 2007 16:25
oLA!!!

niceraaaa reviews

i go talk one more time , this stuuf is very underground ..killa basslines nice tech style!

my fav.
7. Cybersphere (7:31) - nice story and inteligent construction!
3. Cosmide (7:34) -this bass and kik killa in 40.000 whats sound !!!!

bOomM & Peace

!!!Dance Until You FighT your Fears!!!

http://www.myspace.com/xamacirkus

XXX REc
Ormion
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Jun 5, 2007 16:47
Forest Psy from Germany.
Very good, nothing outstanding though.
Some tracks are ok, while some others are very trippy and dark.

7.5/10
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 6, 2007 00:19
Nice innovative sound. Tracks 2,5 are cool, but 7 is my favorite If anyone has heard this on big sound they will know what im talking about hehe
pratik_darkpsy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 14, 2007 19:17
very orignal music by olien....keep up the good work man..!!
bOom
filter

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 02:56
im truly amazed by the constant good music coming from the trishula galaxy , i really enjoyed this album! really foresty/freaky atmospheres!
          Psychedelic Trance from Argentina
www.darkprisma.com.ar
www.megalopsy.com.ar
www.psytrance.com.ar

Megalopsy Travel Blog
http://megalopsy.blogspot.com
XaMã CirKus aKa. ay-ash

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 18:11
ola!!

O yeeeeeeeeee

!!!Dance Until You FighT your Fears!!!

http://www.myspace.com/xamacirkus

XXX REc
psybratt
Devic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jun 28, 2007 19:51
I was pleasantly surprised with this release. very innovative and interesting music .. like the changes in the bassline in the tracks .. another gem for the DJ case, deafinately forest music..

Favorite tracks : 2 - Darkmatter, 3-Cosmide, 5-Calmar, 7-Cyberspheres, 10-Andsoon...

peace,
Devic
sHiVaMoOon

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 30, 2007 21:39
I just got this CD along with Phoenix rising, and after a quick listen, all i have to say is that the Trishula boys have extremely good taste and pick their artists after a lot of due diligence and consideration.
I'll be putting my review up there soonly for both these cd's and in more detail. Keep it up Trishula. Your on the right path Powerful music for powerful people!
          (Rudraksh / Amaris records)
VA "DEEP FRIED" compiled by Dj Shiva Moon out now on Rudraksh Records!
VA Ahimsa double cd compilation out now!
VA " Fry or Die " under construction!
www.rudrakshrecords.com
www.amarisrecords.com
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 2, 2007 21:40
this is the new innovative style of how dark psy or deep psy needs to go ..!
trishula sure knw wht they are doin and this is a superb release ... OLIEN muzik breathes a fresh air in to the scene with so much variations and ideas ...

MY SAYING U NEED TO HEAR THIS MONSTER ON LOUD SPEAKERS ...!
my piks :-
7. Cybersphere (7:31)
8. Granularis (8:55)

FREAKING ARE YOU SERIOUS ? SOUNDS IN THE ABOVE TRAXS ARE JUST OFF THE ROOF ..!

mad muzik for mad people not for the faint at heart ..!
all the best for the future guys ...!
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Sep 14, 2007 12:58
Amazing stuff really.
Other than most Dark albums where freaky hard leads take over, this album concists of more atmospheric deep and weird sounds.
Beautiful!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Olien - Sounded Paratronic (Trishula)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance