Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibraspirit 23 (SunDance Records CD023)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vibraspirit 23 (SunDance Records CD023)

sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Sep 3, 2002 04:52
This comp has been doin' it for me for a while now, so I thought I'd review it for y'all, seein' as I couldn't find a review on this site. So here we go:
1. Artax - "Greetings from Psychaosis"
May as well get the comparisons out of the way straight up, this guy is the younger brother of Mr Bergvall of Logic Bomb fame & it shines through in the music. Nice use of vocal samples, or they could be synthesised. Whatever, they sound quite nice, as does the entire track. A good track for the mornings with pleasant melodies, though it does drag on a_little for my liking.
2. Talpa - "Kalashari"
A weird sample yields to a throbbing base and we're underway. Some twisted percussion work sucks you in immediately as this track thumps along. The wacky rhythms in the breakdown around 2 minutes really do it for me, then a killer melody is introduced in the next short break at 3 minutes. A lot of breakdowns in this track, but it all builds into a REALLY groovy & melodic number. A phat & slightly off-kilter bass just before 5 minutes gives you one final chance to catch your breath before the last two minutes of hard stomping. A great track by this artist, who I'd not heard of prior to this compilation.
3. Rinkadink - "Rippin' Lapps (Flamin' Hoons mix)"
This one starts off on a slightly more minimal tip, with some nice percussion games and weird noises flying around. A nice melodic break around 2 minutes before we get back into it, followed by some spacey sounds before things get harder with some nice synth work around the 3 minute mark. This is cut off by Chewbacca roaring after another minute or so and is replaced by some straighter percussion and plenty of weird sounds, before the synthwork returns in all its resonant glory around 5 minutes. The last minute is all wind-down, with the melodic break from earlier in the track returning to wrap it up.
4. Dark Nebula - "Reach of Time"
Very solid start to this track, a throbbing bassline and plenty of synth chaos providing some superb psychedelic stimulation as the track builds. The first taste of melody appears just before the two minute mark, which builds on itself until a drop at 3 minutes, which is when things really get cranking. Some piercing synth noises & tons of crazy noises lead to a change of bassline and a nice melody around 4 and a half minutes, which makes me think this one would fit just before sunrise, as it is a nice progression from full on darker stuff to the more melodic. One of the better tracks I've heard from Dark Nebula, hopefully there'll be more stuff like this on the next album which will be on Digital Psionics.
5. Quantum State - "Turbulenz"
This track has quite a straight groove to it, with a straight, throbbing bassline that seems a little fuzzy, which could be said about a lot of the synth work in this track. Perhaps these guys are into distrortion. Quite a good track, a nice mix between straighter percussive trance and riff-laden, crunchy psychedelia. What sounds like astronauts speaking in the background brings this one to a close.
6. Bent Sentient - "Liquid Launch"
Percussion games aplenty before the bassline gets things moving one minute in. Things stay pretty minimal for another couple of minutes, before a light melody enters around the three and a half minute mark. This one's quite the epic trance journey, building on that same melody for another minute or so, before a breakdown. Then the stabbing synth action begins, making good use of delay before a change after six minutes to a more entertaining section, which I wish was dragged out a little longer, but is unfortunately killed with a breakdown. The track then begins building back up with the synths returning around 8 minutes and an escalating scream of a synth sound brings thing to a peak a little after 9 minutes. This one may fit earlier in the night, as it requires a little patience.
7. Talpa - "Mandragor"
The next number from this artist, starts quite nicely, with flashes of melodic brilliance tantalising you while weird noises ensure there's never a dull moment. The percussion makes this work for the dancefloor until the synthline around the two and a half minute mark gets things really moving. This guy really seems to know how to get the best out of his synth and the rhythms he puts his melodies to are quite creative. A nice choral breakbeat interlude after 5 minutes gives way to the previous synthline which gets things rocking again a minute or so later. Some really cool sounds going on in the background before the choir returns to bring us home after 8 minutes.
8. Nystagmus - "Desert of the Real (Demon mix)"
Hopefully people will excuse yet another Matrix sample simply for the fact that this track r0x. A really nice melodic intro builds to the entry of the kick around 1:20 in, but things don't REALLY get going until the two minute mark. Then we get rushed away by a flood of full on melody. Some seriously cranking stuff happening from the three minute mark onwards, but you can feel it's still building. Layer upon layer of great synth sounds give way to the dominant melody just before four minutes have passed. Space is given to that riff briefly, before a few things start layering on top of it. Then a short breakdown after 5 minutes and we're away again, sailing the seas of melody as things pound away right till the end.
9. Transdriver - "CZ"
There's a bit of breathing space at the start of this track, compared to the last track anyway. Things don't really seem to get going until two minutes or so in, then things start getting quite weird. Some loopy synth work and some strange samples and people may be starting to lose it. A break just before three and a half minutes gives some sanity back, though maybe not if you can understand Russian. Insanity returns quite soon however, with some seriously twisted and excellent noises around 4 and a half minutes. This track is quite mind-bending, but I don't think it would quite do it for me on a dancefloor.
10. Ebbanistic - "Tripanulo"
People have said this and that about the names of the track and the artist, but it is really of no concern, because this track is 100% psy goodness. An awesome journey, guaranteed to throw anyone on psychedelics into a spin. A classical intro ends with the introduction of a solid bass / kick combo, which is added to by some weird noises and what sounds something like a distorted guitar, which is not to intrusive for people who aren't really that into the rocking guitar sound (like myself) but is still quite effective. Things build to a breakdown at 5 minutes, which is filled by a sweeping synth, which drops out to return with the kick & bass in tow and continues to build, with some subtle melodies and plenty of psychedelia, right to the end, where we return to the classical piece sampled at the start. This is a nice slower track (at 137bpm) to build into something more solid and an excellent way to end the CD.

So there you have it. A bucketload of quality psychedelic trance from predominantly fresh artists. My advice is to buy it right now and get your fix of the Good Stuff. I highly recommend tracks 2, 8 & 10, all of which have been proven many a time on dancefloors in front of my eyes. One of the best releases so far this year in my opinion, I give it 9/10.

[ This Message was edited by: sam i am on 2002-10-22 06:27 ]
kubayn

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 3, 2002 19:26
very good music from djs stas bag ,i think all of the the artist is first time realeses           go and build karahana
Cymoon

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 8, 2002 10:32
just if you are interested about the sample in Transdriver track (9)...

actually it is in czech, not in russian....it is taken from one new czech
movie and it says:

"the only thing I needed was just right this nature" (nature not in the
meaning of sun, sky, trees, animals etc.
(I hope it has some meaning in my translation into english )

...the name of the track is just international symbol for czech republic,
because he did this track here while chilling after one live-set he had in
prague last year...

kubayn

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 10, 2002 18:14
good to now
maybe some day wise guy bring him to play in isreal           go and build karahana
Alek

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 4, 2002 19:06
talpa is a serbian artist and this is his first release and a full album is on it's way . if you like these two tracks check out
http://www.transmute.co.yu/talpa.htm
and
http://www.transmute.co.yu/various-mp3_repository.htm
to see more of his work
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Oct 5, 2002 16:55
This is a fun CD with a very international and fun atmosphere. I just find the sound and production lacking in many tracks, and that bothered me and I couldn't really enjoy it. The first track is very nice. Talpa's stuff to.

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

unno
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 8, 2002 13:25
I feel this 'bad-dirtyish' sound adds to the wild 'underground' experience...as well as adding a touch of colour into my nostalgic memories of the old skool.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Dec 5, 2006 11:57
*bump up*

I REALLy would like to get a hold of this copy soon ..
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Dec 8, 2006 16:10
And ... Isn't Ebbanistic a side project of Psykovsky? I think so..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibraspirit 23 (SunDance Records CD023)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance