Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibrasphere - Landmark CDS (MPDQX/Digital Structures, March 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vibrasphere - Landmark CDS (MPDQX/Digital Structures, March 2006)

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 15:24
Artist: Vibrasphere
Title: Landmark
Label: MPDQX/Digital Structures
Format: CDS
Released: March, 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/dig1cd905_b.jpg

Review:

After over 3 years of waiting since their last album "Lime Structure", the Swedish duo Vibrasphere is now finally on the brink of releasing their 3rd album "Archipelago". Almost since their first release 7 years ago, Vibrasphere has been considered among the forerunners of the Scandinavian progressive sound, and in my opinion their 2nd album "Lime Structure" is one of the most essential progressive trance albums ever released. Therefore my expectations are very for "Archipelago", but luckily Vibrasphere and their label Digital Structures have just released a small CD-single as a teaser for the upcoming album, containing 4 previously unreleased tracks and remixes.

01. Landmark [138 BPM]
The title-track "Landmark" opens the single in style. The intro is excellently crafted, starting with some industrial percussion and slowly building tension before the going full throttle after 2 minutes. After that it's just pure aural pleasure - after the last couple Vibrasphere releases, which where around 130-132 BPM I was expecting something slower and more subtle, but this is highly euphoric pumping progressive trance of the absolute best kind. Amazing.

02. Reservoir (Antix Remix) [128 BPM]
Up next is the Hayden brothers from New Zealand, who return the Vibraspheres favour of remixing the Antix track "Forever Changing" on the "Twin Coast Remixes" compilation a few months ago. "Reservoir" is from the upcoming album, so I obviously don't know how the original sounds, but Antix' version is definitely very enjoyable. The sound is, like most of the material on "Twin Coast Discovery", very soft and gentle, with addictive housey grooves and a trancy big-room atmosphere. Sublime.

03. Emotional Fugitive [135 BPM] *
Like the opener, "Emotional Fugitive" also has a very appealing and atmospheric intro, and the track itself is also easily recognisable as Vibrasphere. Not quite as pumping and energetic as the opener, but with an equal amount of stunning pads and heavily reverbed silky-smooth effect. The melodies are more distinct and have a little more euro-trancy edge - without ever getting overly cheesy. Another delicious track.

04. Manzanilla (2005 Mix) *
We go into downbeat territory with the last track, which is Vibraspheres own 2005-version of the classic "Manzanilla". "Manzanilla" was originally released on the "Lime Structure" album, and has since then been played at virtually every psychill around the world. The new version has a lot of new layers, and the general sound is much more detailed - but it is still built upon the famous and easily recognizable acoustic guitar melodies from the original, and I can easily imagine it getting a new "hit".

* Note that on the tracklist on the cover and on the CD itself "Manzanilla (2005 Mix)" is written as track 3, and "Emotional Fugitive" is written as track 4. Obviously the Manzanilla remix is really track 4 though, so I have concluded that a mistake has been made somewhere in the pressing/printing process, and therefore corrected it in the tracklist in my review.

Bottom line:

As if my expectations for "Archipelago" weren't big enough beforehand, the "Landmark" single manages to make them skyrocket. Vibrasphere are simply one of the most impressive acts when it comes to fluid, lush progressive morning-trance, and all 4 tracks here are gems. A thing that also needs mentioning is the cover-art - CD singles are generally not among the prettiest, but the artwork here is a perfect match to the music. Simple, but smooth and very appealing.

If you have liked any of Vibraspheres releases in the last many years, do yourself a favour and buy this release. Another landmark from Vibrasphere and Digital Structures.

Favourites:

1(!!), 2(!!), 3, 4

Verdict:

9/10

Link:

MPDQX/Digital Structures: http://www.mpdqx.com/ds
Vibrasphere: http://www.vibrasphere.com
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
thail
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 17:13
Woooooww! Heard the samples and this is once again great stuff. Definitely more danceable. Can't wait for archipelagio or whatever it is. Love it.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 17:53
Great stuff indeed. I for one am anxiously awaiting their third album. I own the first and the second one as well, and the second one still receives regular listening, remaining one of the classics of that particular time. This taster of the forthcoming album is really promising and the full album should be a blast!! Fave tracks: 1,3,4. The Antix remix is pretty good as well.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 19:01
As usual not much to add after a Pr0fane review,spot on like always.

But i must say this is one of the freshest releases in a while.You can feel these boys were away for a while and just explode on this cd - the 1st and 3rd tracks are instant dancefloor classics.Especially LANDMARK,what an energetic bomb.And loving the Classic TB touches on Emotional Fugitive.
Antix remix is very good,deep and atmospheric,and the Chill tune is delicious.

A fuckin killaargh single!
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 20:00
Yawn. I was really looking forward to the new Manzanilla mix. Beh.. gimme the original files and a few hours in a studio and I'll come up with a more interesting mix
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 20:21
A very good CD single, top notch material, definately hits in my CD-case this summer.

Many will probably appreciate that its on vinyl as well...

btw Profane, Its Strom Brothers, not Hayden brothers (Barton & Hayden Strom), hehe
          www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 20:40
Quote:

On 2006-03-16 20:00, traveller wrote:
Yawn. I was really looking forward to the new Manzanilla mix. Beh.. gimme the original files and a few hours in a studio and I'll come up with a more interesting mix

..okay it's not that bad. But it could have been a hell of a lot better. IF you're thinking of getting this one because of the new Manzanilla mix (imo one the the very few good Vibrasphere tunes out there..).. well don't bother
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 16, 2006 22:40
Quote:

On 2006-03-16 20:40, traveller wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-03-16 20:00, traveller wrote:

Listen to the Jaia remix... now that's pure genius!
..okay it's not that bad. But it could have been a hell of a lot better. IF you're thinking of getting this one because of the new Manzanilla mix (imo one the the very few good Vibrasphere tunes out there..).. well don't bother

"Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
lucidpicnic
Lucid Picnic

Started Topics :  132
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 13:00
woww
manzanilla 2005 mix is just awsome to my mind
made my morning

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 13:02
Manzanilla
Future classic track in all his versions!           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 19:01
Excellent review as allways pr0fane!
Looks like i have some ordering to do..           "The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 18, 2006 01:48
i was awaiting for this aLbum and finaly i got it...and it was big suprise for me...all those tracks are KILLAH specially manzilla (2005 mix) really impressed me
keep up the good woork robert and rickard..
CheerS
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Mar 19, 2006 20:40
Quote:

On 2006-03-16 20:21, Banel wrote:
btw Profane, Its Strom Brothers, not Hayden brothers (Barton & Hayden Strom), hehe

I stand corrected           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Psy2k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 17, 2006 13:50
Love this stuff and anything that comes out from vibrasphere and digital structures...           In This World Have Your Own Bpm...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Vibrasphere - Landmark CDS (MPDQX/Digital Structures, March 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance