Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various - "Tantrance 6" (Sub Terranean, 1998)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various - "Tantrance 6" (Sub Terranean, 1998)

V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Mar 18, 2011 06:15:31

Artist: Various
Title: Tantrance 6
Label: Sub Terranean
Date: 1998

Track listing:

CD 1
01. 11'41" Sandman : End Of The World
02. 09'00" Orion : Nezca Spider
03. 08'19" Astrological : Moonraker
04. 09'48" Cosmosis : Moonshine
05. 09'10" Elysium : Trancelestial Psychobabas
06. 09'54" Elixir : Spiral 3 Remix
07. 09'37" Oforia : Why Not On Mars
08. 09'15" Astral Projection : Dancing Galaxy

CD 2
01. 09'39" Psychopod : Universal Mind
02. 07'27" Green Nuns Of The Revolution : Octofunk
03. 07'57" Prometheus Process : Clarity From Deep
04. 06'51" Space Tribe : Circle Of Life
05. 10'34" Lotus Omega : Lighthouse
06. 08'04" Four Carry Nuts : Total Recall
07. 08'53" Quirk : Ping
08. 08'36" Slinky Wizard : Sacred Fist
09. 08'49" Hallucinogen : Spiritual Antiseptic

I couldn't find a review of this using search or Google so here I go.

This is the compilation that turned me into a EDM & psychedelic trance fan boy, and the standard was set so high by this that I realise nothing in this scene that followed ever lived up to it IMHO.

I am not going to do a track by track review, as I feel many know these tunes and if not should surely try to find them online in a legal format or on youtube.

Each of these tracks have such a unique individual sound, yet the skill of the compiler has done it in a way that leads through a journey of true enlightenment.

From then dark and disturbed paranoid visions of Sandman in track through the varying stages of deep introspective views of such "famous" names as Orion, Elysium, Oforia, Astral Projection, GNOTR, Space Tribe, Slinky Wizard & of course Hallucinogen who ends this with a intensely euphoric track that 'til this day I think is by far his most outstanding trance output.

This is truly a psychedelic journey, and having popped this on my iPhone while home sick yesterday and lay in bed listening to it all afternoon it just made me realise there is so much missing from the sound of todays scene, especially from the Neo Goa, in the respect of true psychedelic trance music compared to something like this.

For me the greatest ever product from this scene and nothing before or after came close!
          I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 29, 2011 14:09
ooohhhh... where did u dig that one from. you have good taste dude. i wish i knew where my copy went to. gonna dig it on the net now...

V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Mar 30, 2011 00:17
I have the entire series from 1-8 back from the day, along with Pulse 1-8 n' the Distance to Goa series.

Say what you will about them being the more commercial Goa/Psy compilations but if you want the best fo the best IMHO they have it.

Only thing close to this is Tantrance 2. But the rest are awesome!

I'd suggest checking ebay & discogs, amazon.com/amazon.co.uk can be a bit fo a rip off IMHO           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 30, 2011 19:48
nah, gonna download it. i already paid for it once
bearpill
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Apr 1, 2011 09:41
This was when trance was great

Quirk Ping was wicked (still is and better than anything released today)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various - "Tantrance 6" (Sub Terranean, 1998)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance