Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Spindrive Vol. 2 (Spintwist Records, May 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various Artists - Spindrive Vol. 2 (Spintwist Records, May 2006)

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 21, 2006 17:21
Artist: Various
Title: Spindrive Vol. 2
Label: Spintwist Records
Format: CD
Released: May, 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/spn1cd004_b.jpg

Review:

Spintwist Records is a relatively young German label, focusing on progressive psytrance, which was launched late last year with the release of the compilation "Spindrive Vol. 1". Behind the label is Hannes Klitta, who some might know for his musical projects Vaishiyas and Sync - both of whom have just released full-length albums on Spintwist Records.

The newest release from the label is the 2nd episode in "Spindrive" series, "Spindrive Vol. 2" - once again with a tracklist containing artists known for their traditional "German" progressive style, plus a few relatively unknown acts.

01. Odiseo - Sky [138 BPM]
The first track is by Odiseo from Mexico, probably more known for the sideprojects Ski-Fi and Xibalba, with releases on Plusquam, Planet B.E.N., Sinn Tec and many more. "Sky" is a quite typical German-styled progressive festival track with a static groove, smooth swoosh's, subtle vocal-effects and generally a very positive daytime-atmosphere. An ok opener, without really standing out.

02. Monotron - Robotic Dreams [137 BPM]
Things get a bit more intense with the appearance of the new Brazilian project Monotron, who got their first release on the first "Spindrive" compilation. Since I hadn't heard that, I didn't really knew what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised with "Robotic Dreams" - although very heavy on "I, Robot" samples. It's a warm and quite energetic morning tune, somewhere between minimal and full on, with a plethora of lush, uplifting effects. Great track.

03. Emphacis - Satnight [138 BPM]
"Satnight" is the first release by the new German duo Emphacis, and it's another pleasant surprise. It's a quite typical groovy German-styled progressive festival tune, but where the majority of the releases in this style seems quite dull to me, this contains some really attractive melodies, and I just love the work they did on the chopped-up voice-samples. Promising debut release.

04. Visua - Spindrive [137 BPM]
Visua is the second artist from Mexico to appear on the compilation, and what a track this is. "Spindrive" starts with a truly stunning intro, and the very atmospheric effects are maintained throughout the track. A delicious, smooth tune with very laidback grooves, huge and dreamy pads in the background and sweet, soothing melodies. A really nice morning tune, my favourite on the compilation.

05. Vaishiyas - Recall [136 BPM]
Next up is the owner of Spintwist Records, Hannes Klitta with his musical project Vaishiyas, where he just recently released his 2nd full-length album "Flaxible". "Recall" is a continuation of the style of the album, but without any vocals, and generally it seems more dynamic on the grooves, and a bit less melodic. A good track overall, and I would say that it is better than the standard on the album.

06. Aerospace - Cosmix [136 BPM]
DJ Guyshanti from Israel, previously a member of Evil Drug Lords, recently released his debut-album, "Earth" under his solo-project Aerospace. The album received a lot of positive feedback, but I found it quite average, flat on the production side, and disfigured by some questionable use of voice and vocal-samples. Luckily "Cosmix" is better than the album though - the grooves are more to my liking, and the lovely, naive melodies seem much more elaborate. Cool morning tune.

07. FM - Receiving In My Minds [139 BPM]
FM is the initials of Fabio and Magical - two German DJ's and producers, who's been releasing and playing for years now. It's a bit faster than I've come to expect from these guys, but the production is very typical Fabio - the bass is deep and heavy bass, and the effects are quite synthetic. It didn't really grab me as very interesting, but it's without a doubt a track with lots of power for the daytime dancefloors.

08. Symphonix - Rainy Days [136 BPM]
The final track is by the two German brothers Montagu & Golkonda, well-known as organisers of the Tshitraka festival, for their DJ-sets, and for their musical projects Symphonix and True Lies. "Rainy Days" contains some very corny voice-samples with heavy german accent, and the track itself is quite mediocre, with an extremely static groove and standard-effects. I was expecting something better.

Bottom line:

"Spindrive Vol. 2" will be a welcome addition in the collection of fans of the typical German-style progressive psytrance. In my opinion, a lot of releases in this style tend to be rather dull, but Spintwist Records did a pretty good job collecting some tunes with both qualities for the outdoor daytime dancefloors, but also a bit more depth than I was expecting. Ironically enough, the weakest points for me were by some of the more well-established artists, while newer producers as Monotron, Visua and Emphacis provided some promising works.

"Spindrive Vol. 2" isn't a truly groundbreaking or genre-crossing release, but what you'll get is a pretty good, no-bullshit, collection of progressive psytrance tunes.

Favourites:

2 (!), 3, 4 (!!!), 5, 6

Verdict:

7/10

Link:

Spintwist Records: http://www.spintwist.de           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Saasil.nube

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 03:28
Visua great melodies,music from the heart =)
keep it on rodd!!
titoffff71
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 8, 2006 12:11
yeeeeeees Man this Artist Vaishiyas made an incredable live act on the Freaky dragons festival

and will come back next year
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 2, 2006 14:34
Got it yesterday and listened to it this morning all the way through for the first time. I must say, it's good. Not worldshattering or anything, just some solid psyprog tunes that pretty much satisfy. If you like the style that the likes of Vaishiyas, FM, Visua, Odiseo are producing these days, then this will surely satisfy you. I think it's better than Vol. 1, this is more solid overall. Also, if you like this kind of psyprog you should check out the Intense Activity compilation on Sinn-Tec, compiled by DJ Laureth. That one is quite similar, although this is even more melodic Must be the summervibe creeping up. Anyway, solid little release. I've got no faves on this one, all the tracks are likeable for me. There are only 2 downers for this (which are no real complaints though): It's short, only 60 minutes. There could've been an extra 1 or 2 tracks and the Visua track again uses samples from Final Fantasy. Man, I'm so tired of those samples... Anyway, minor gripes (besides the samples the Visua track kicks ass) and they don't really influence my score for this. 8/10          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
minimental

Posted : Jul 4, 2006 13:44
In my personal opinion one of the best cds this year.......Very good productions and sound quality from all the artists in the cd.......I think this summer these tracks are really going to set fire on the dancefloors!!!.....It represents exactly my music preferences.........Favorite tracks from the cd...........Emphasis/Aerospace/Fm...........
Well done !!! Keep up the good work!!
Lior_machine

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 6, 2006 21:14
Great cd indeed, special for the morning

all tracks are of my taste, maybe Spintwist Should make a cd of v.s with various of your artist or others.

Shalom !!

http://www.psynews.org
skaarj3

Posted : Jul 11, 2006 00:53
My favourite song of this compilation is Spindrive of Visua. i love all the effects he uses in this songs, the ambient, these pads and distorted sounds... it's a great song

Other song i like a lot is Sky by Odiseo.

the vaishiyas song... i waited for more but isn't bad too

Lior_machine

Posted : Jul 11, 2006 19:05
V/A Spindrive Vol. 2 (2006)

Artist: Various
Title: Spindrive Vol. 2
Label: Spintwist Records
Format: CD
Released: May, 2006

Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?spn1cd004_b.jpg:CDs/spn/spn1cd004.html:;

Track list:

01. ODISEO - Sky
02. MONOTRON - Robotic Dreams
03. EMPHACIS - Satnight
04. VISUA - Spindrive
05. VAISHIYAS - Recal
06. AEROSPACE - Cosmix
07. FM - Belive in my minds
08. SYMPHONIX - Rainy Days
--------------------------------------------

Review:

01.- Odiseo - Sky:

Quite power Track, with being able on the sounds, excellent production, in my personal opinion i waited a little more dynamism after the first bridge marked in the minute: 3:57 in ahead.

02.- Monotron - Robotic dreams:

A beginning that catched to those who listen, is track with a good combination of progressive and morning trance, quite danceable, perfect for the beginning of a dawn.

03.- Emphasis - Statnigt:

This project in which I have understood that Hannes participates better know as Vaishiyas, comes with track very solid and clean that goes followed of a full wonderful technique of smooth sounds and subtle, this track transporting to a trance moment in any place.

04.- Visua - Spindrive:

Visua, he moves quickly, arrives with a fine subject and solid, i have had the taste by all tracks of this project, have to mention that this is a track than kicking strong to your imaginations and your bodys.

05.- Vaishiyas - Recal:

Doubtlessly he is track good developed and yes one of my favorites in the compilation, each sound well that listens in this track is sublime and smooth, progressive delicious, track perfect for when the sun this on us in the dance floor.

06.- Aerospace - Cosmix:

A track with a little Electro music, a great style and different from the other tracks of him, it very mature encounter in a matter of development and syntheses, with melody very pleasant for the ear and for any hour of the day, have a good trip.

07.- FM - relief in my minds:

a very powerful and warm track, with facility to put it during the night or the day without problem, in anyone of the cases will obtain that we jump at any moment.

08.- Symphonix - Rainy days:

track for any set of progressive is good, I even waited for a little more of this German project, of any way, i enjoys much of this track, that it is good also to listen in home and i do not doubt that also it works perfectly in the dance floor.

Score: 8/10

Links:

http://www.spintwist.de

http://www.psyshop.com

http://www.psynews.org
mita_sabina

Posted : Jul 11, 2006 19:16
Wow, Visua is gonna make u dance with this dreamy atmosphere!!!
Go on Rod u tranceeeeeee!
We want to hear more from u and live toooooo!
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Jul 12, 2006 14:54
Like this release better than Vol.1
FM, Vaishiyas, newcomer Emphacis are doing a nice job here.
Keep it up!
Hugo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 08:04
Unfortanately I didn't get my copy yet so I can't make a good review of the compilation but I know perfectly of Visua and I only can say that "Spindrive" is an amazing tune driving in a atmospheric and spiritual way just a perfect morning-smooth-groovy track, watch out with the remix of Gaudium from "Spindrive", congrats to Hannes-Spintiwst and all the artists of the compilation, I'm looking to forward to hear the last product

A&R Mandala Records
http://www.mandalarecords.org
V/A - Energy Coming Soon Feat. Contra vs. Zion, Interactive, Elec3 vs. Ananda Shake, Perplex, E-Fact, X-Control (Perplex/Dj Kido) & more . . .
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 11:56
liked this cd..vaishiyas track very nice and liked Symphonix trak           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
Sindrome

Posted : Jul 25, 2006 13:25
Oooo man, one perfect CD, my favourite so far this year.
And want to say it is worthy buying even for the track No5, which is briliant and make me wanna dance harder and harder...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Spindrive Vol. 2 (Spintwist Records, May 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance