1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA – Twisted Flavors (DARK001) 2006

DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 3, 2006 20:54
I can΄t wait for get that album (in mexico its very hard...)
D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 05:06
Quote:

On 2006-07-03 20:54, DAHAKA wrote:
I can?t wait for get that album (in mexico its very hard...)

It's available in digital high quality format (Flac --->wav 16bit) on www.d-a-r-k.net and a Limited Edition CD of 500 copies will be available in 6-8 weeks from now.

Thanks all, boom           D-A-R-K Records
http://www.d-a-r-k.net
http://www.dark-records.com
::bedbug::

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 17:25
Thumbs up D-A-R-K crew !!!! i wish u all the best, keep it DARK, keep it TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!

BOMBOM
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jul 5, 2006 02:52
VA – Twisted Flavors (Digital Release)

1. Dark Summer - She Cooked!...(7:17)
2. Hishiryo - Psychotic Hardtime...(7:40)
3. Troglodytes - Wa-Wa Wa-Sa...(7:13)
4. Sectio Aurea - Laboratorio Lunare...(7:35)
5. Neo Vox - Freaky Notion...(6:56)
6. Electrypnose - Rumicube...(7:16)
7. Digitalist - Wild Horses...(7:06)
8. eniChkin Project - Tromaktika Upohthonio...(8:53)
9. Lab - Carnaval...(7:22)
10. DarkOhm - Horror Widow...(8:16)

Cover:http://shop.d-a-r-k.net/live/images/uploads/Twisted_Flavors_AloneInTheDark0c.jpg
Artist: Various
Title: Twisted Flavors
Format: FLAC
Label: Digital Audio Recording Kompany
Cat. #: DARK001
Date: 13 June 2006
Mastering artist: Electrypnose - Le Barde
Compiled by: Pritam and Yves
"D-A-R-K is proud to present it's first compilation, mastered by the well known psytrance producer Electrypnose. The title of the compilation is Twisted Flavors, which will transport you into a real dark psychedelic and twisted atmosphere."

onto the review!
This release provides a soundtrack to some of the mysterious and powerful forces at work through the deep, long nights we explore. As we dive deep into the underworld we encounter many strange and disorienting feelings and visions. it can be purchased here as digital FLAC files,(Flac - Free Lossless Audio Codec)... as digital distribution is emerging as one of the more common ways to acquire music in recent times.

Limited Edition CD of 500 copies will be available soon...

http://shop.d-a-r-k.net/live/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2 ---to purchase the files

check out --- http://shop.d-a-r-k.net/live/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=32
----to sample the tracks

here we goooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1. Dark Summer heads things off with a slapping kick and high energy blaster of a track...
a wild trip of a track, takes us up higher! boogidy bang bang bizzy bizup yagado-disco?! a cool vocal loop brings some tasty flavor. overall its an acid burn workshop you shouldnt miss if youre into that sort of experience...

2. Hishiryo starts us off with some frightening crime report sample which imparts a feeling of unease from the beginning. a wobbling dark jam rocks on with plenty of shifts and the buzzing acid keeps aiming straight for your brain, there is no escape... somehow with the distorted lead jamming on an epic feeling begins, a very strange place to go...

3. Troglodytes bring forth a squishing acid gallop with clockwork percussion that rolls along, morphing and moving through a funky mood. a strange disorienting forest flavored lead emerges, and as the acidity increases, we go further into the murky swamp. very psychedelic, and persistently interesting. nice.

4. Sectio Aurea revs thier motor, with a dark edge of grindbass, with squiggles layered over the top. very minimal. the funny cartoonish samples provide a bit of humour. microscopic changes evolve. the groove is hiding a bit, it seems to be teasing me, until about 5 minutes in, when some stretchy lead comes in to streak around, and things start to make a bit more sense and apparently speed up a few notches towards the end! bold and direct.

5. Neo Vox comes out fresh with a slick sounding percussion percolating thru a whomping funky drive. oh and theres fresh acid buzzing stabs! the 2nd movement brings us big windy pads and kicking the high end chirpys up a notch... something is growing from this primordial stew-- but first it needs to simmer for a bit, things mellow out and get bubbly, and then the techy beast begins to morph and shades of uplift drift upward. i can almost picture a horn section coming in, or maybe thats what it IS, only cut up into bits. tricky!

6. Electrypnose has a knack for making very odd sounds fit together in seemingly new ways. His recent set at Gaian Mind Festival was nothing less than mind-shattering. This track has the longest intro sequence thus far on the collection... after 1:20 of building, the funk kicks in. those familiar with his style will easily appreciate the groove laid down here. a twisting lead makes the ship turn corners quickly. enough changes to keep any mind captivated, each time re-establishing the groove with a sly grin, somehow playing with the very time it is unfolding upon. the drive of the track does come and go several times, which poses a question... does the marionette dislike having his strings tugged or is each movement an opportunity for new perspective? i think the latter is the case here. great.

7. Digitalist kickin it up a notch, with one of the better tracks on the cd. moving through a computer adventure story. the bassline just goes and goes with bouncepower that cannot be denied. gobs of slick liquidy sounds flow overtop of the mashing funktek slamjam. i keep trying to type but the rest of my body wants to dance so i hope that is sufficient review for this one... boom! (just noticed that the level of this track overall is louder than the rest...

8. eniChkin Project takes us back into some deeper mental territory. Yelling guy gets an immediate -5 points in my book. quickly redeemed however by a native chant which takes us further into mental assault. a nice warm surprise comes and goes briefly. This ones pretty insistent with the high end scribbles, and definitely is pushin it-- until all of a sudden we get a glitched out head-toss into some russian hip-hop and then back into wacky ball-smacking madness. an outro with a bit of eh, i could have done without the screaming and the hiphop.

9. Lab (not the same LAB as from Psycho-Scandosounds circa 1999 and the like i dont think) unleashes upon us a whomping doublestep freakfest that isnt very far from relentless. its got a bit of an attitude frankly, and its not really rubbing my headache nicely. i mean goddamn that some serious mindfuckage!

10. Darkohm mellow it out briefly with another longish intro 1:40 into it and the slowmo helicopter bass whomps its way as the landscape beneath the craft is passing by slowly. An industrial edge slices through as some sustained notes make it slightly musical thru the sample, which sounds sorta like metal... and infact before long we get the distorted guitar i had almost predicted.

So! they werent lying about the dark part. Fans of the artists presented or of nightrance in general will find something to thier liking... support independent labels with innovation and energy that push this culture forward! my favorites are 3, 5, 6, 7

http://shop.d-a-r-k.net/live/index.php
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
diego:silica
Karmazon

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 5, 2006 04:27
all tracks are killa.. in special Neo Vox's track )
enichkin
eniChkin Project

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 5, 2006 12:25
Compilation is really tasty. I like many tracks and some tracks I already played on different dancefloors, so stuff is great ;)
Track from Sectio Aurea is the most interesting and trippy from me on this compilation. Keep going that way Chris and Mary ;) Also Hishiryo's track is good. Those 2 are my favorites.

As for my track i can say that i'm not a fan of usual psy and this one is most simple psychedelic trance from my late tracks but it have couple tricks also. One trick is part with hip-hop. It breaks your trip and if u know russian u'll get bad trip with it becouse of lirycs, it's like "wake up, junkey!" when u're in deep trip.

(L)ayered
(I)ntelligence
(F)orming
(E)nergy
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jul 6, 2006 00:30
good to hear more story behind your track enichkin... knowing more about it gives a bit more depth to listening and it is for sure trippy to the bone.
tell me what is the name of the singer in the outro?

boom
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
enichkin
eniChkin Project

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 6, 2006 15:30
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 00:30, bluespectralmonkey wrote:
good to hear more story behind your track enichkin... knowing more about it gives a bit more depth to listening and it is for sure trippy to the bone.
tell me what is the name of the singer in the outro?

boom

A.O.S. - History Repeats Itself
(OST Natural Born Killers)
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7425C3EB097B3184
veryyyy good song.
I'm in love with this track :)           
(L)ayered
(I)ntelligence
(F)orming
(E)nergy
D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Jul 7, 2006 06:34
Thank you guys!

Special thanks to Blue Spectral Monkey for his review of our compilation.

We accept all these comments and reviews to come up with even better releases in the future. As far as I'm concerned, I'm very proud of our artists and I certainly hope this compilation will help the new comers and non established artists to rise up in the dark scene.

All the best to everyone. Stay tuned for more D-A-R-K action .

Boom           D-A-R-K Records
http://www.d-a-r-k.net
http://www.dark-records.com
cannabero

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 7, 2006 10:11
if my native language was english, then you would know what i'm really thinkin about this compilation

BOOM NEO VOX !

and all others too, but specially neo vox..

100% brazilian underground dark trance !!

weeeeeeeeeee
Darkohm
Darkohm

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 7, 2006 21:18
...thanks to all people enjoinig this compilation, we are realy happy for your rewievs.

Flourotronix

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 13, 2006 08:24
I bought a copy of this compilation online last weekend, was skeptic about online purchases in the beginning coz i have always preferred buying CD's, but looking at these new names excited me to buy this compilation in Digital format, and to my surprise this compilation is definitely not for the saner crowd, coz the variety of paranoia one can experience when listening to this one is unexplainable, you gotta try it for yourself.

Another surprising thing, was to see that our man from the swiss, Vince le barde has mastered this compilation and Whoa !! he really knows his shit well.

My favorites from this compilation are 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 & 10

Great job by the dark recs family, i expect more madness in the future and also loved the digital records label concept.

dark summer
Dark Summer

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Sep 26, 2006 21:02
hello everyone!
The Twisted Flavors is now on GOA GIL's september chart!
Also the digipack is coming soon on beatspace...
boom
savina
the Gravedancers

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 26, 2006 21:18
wwoooouu good news!!!

Boom from Venezuela!!!

-Darkohm-
www.darkohm.dark-records.com

-Psykomunity-
www.psykom.es.mn
D.A.R.K

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 1, 2006 16:13
This is to announce that VA - Twisted Flavors CD from D-A-R-K Records is NOW AVAILABLE.

You can get it at Beatspace or Saiko Sounds, please look below for the respective direct links:

Beatspace: http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3029

Saiko Sounds: http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6083
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA – Twisted Flavors (DARK001) 2006
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance