Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - “Terraformer” (Global Sect - 2017)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - “Terraformer” (Global Sect - 2017)

OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Oct 18, 2017 10:23:10

Global Sect are the only Neo-Goa/Psy label I can tolerate. I find the majority of them just sound the same, endlessly copying a certain style and then having is produced in a way that might sound good on a festival sound system, but unlike the old Goa, it just gives you a migraine from the over compressed noise on headphones - Suntrip & Timewarp I have bought almost both your catalogues but cannot enjoy them.

Anyway GS do have a sound but the best thing for me is that they seem happy to let their artist roster at least experiment a bit & also let them go a bit darker. It’s not constant Etnica melodies layered a billion time & then compressed in to an intolerable noise mash.

This is their biggest release. 4 CD’s of music. No I don’t have the time with 2 little kids, trying to finish doing some music for a tv show, working a day job & havig a wife that works to write a track by track review.

I’ll say this. The album has a concept. It flows as a Party should. Each section/CD suits a certain time from day evening to the next afternoon. It runs a gamut of wonderful trance music, most of it deeply psychedelic. It does have moments of copycat cheese, a few AP moments, but they are done so nicely they made me smile instead of cringing in embarrassment.

The final CD is proper chill out Goa. Not pseudo triphop or stoner white blokes ripping sound from other ethnic groups. It’s mostly slowed down Trance that sounds great.

This release makes me think that the old melodic blaster style has a chance to fit in with the modern scene without sounding horrible & giving us old folk who can’t handle a night out anymore quality music that’s listenable on the old headphones although at $1000 you’d think the other labels would sound good on these cans as well.

Anyway, support what’s good. Buy this in digital or CD via their Bandcamp https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/va-terraformer

BTW they sell awesome psy clothes & backdrop at their other shop as well. I’m buying a huge one shortly for one of the walls in my home studio.
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/GlobalSectShop
          Cuntus Maximus.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - “Terraformer” (Global Sect - 2017)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance