Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Sirius Blasting -=- Sirius Records, april 2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Sirius Blasting -=- Sirius Records, april 2005

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : May 16, 2005 21:17
VA - Sirius Blasting ( Sirius Records april 2005 )

This fine release by Sirius Records, a label that released previously 2 other compilations, shows us a flower in the cover, with some kind of light or energy emanating from it...
cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?sir1cd003_b.jpg:CDs/sir/sir1cd003.html:;

This release brings us only well stabilished artists and their newest works, I'm sure everyone already heard about these psychedelic noise makers...

Track list:

01. The Melovskys - Eleggua --- 143
02. Huja Boy - Into the Heaven 145
03. Inner Action - Dream of Jungle 145
04. Shift - Silver 145
05. 40% - P.I.M.D. 145
06. Sandman and Phisix - Phaze off (Xerox & Illumination rmx) 146
07. Parasense - Made on Mars 146
08. Sirius Isness vs CPU - Collective Dream 148
09. Mechanix - Baba Sababa 143

Let's walkthru it track by track:

01. The Melovskys - Eleggua --> Starting this compilation we got Eleggua, for sure some meaningful word that is repeated in the sample. The first bass of this track is an example of how weird our journey will be. The breaks sounded misplaced for me... Someone knows what is said in the samples? Let's see what's next.

02. Huja Boy - Into the Heaven --> Huja Boy comes up with some high level production here. This track is very hypnotic and keeps building into itself... I close my eyes and it feels like an hour has passed... Good for dancing and home listening. I only miss an introspective sample here... It finishes in the right way! Thumbs up!

03. Inner Action - Dream of Jungle --> Another steady track, rolling bass... After the samples "You should study..... of souls" the synths rise building a nice atmosphere. The track keep going until the end, but expect for the trick sample (please someone help me to understand it) I found it average.

04. Shift - Silver --> Uhhmmm, we start this one with a shivering bassline... For sure to be played at night, this track embodies both power and psychedelic elements... On top of that a well placed sample, in agreement with the track atmosphere:

"- Is this your silver state?
- ... four hundred years..."

For sure we'll need silver bullets to deal with this little monster... Good one!

05. 40% - P.I.M.D. --> The first half of this track I found boring... Typical Chemical Crew stuff, nothing exceptional, no innovation. After the break in the middle and some samples, it becomes more interesting, a nice bass (but a common synth) show up to make me dance, but the low level of psychedelics elements turn me off.

06. Sandman and Phisix - Phaze Off (Xerox & Illumination rmx) --> What to say? This track kick ass big time!
Packed with some of the classic original's elements, a powerful bass and brand new boost in the production, this is one of my favorites here... It has a small dark touch that definitely makes this compilation a must have for serious dark DJs. Take a listen and know what I'm talking about!

07. Parasense - Made on Mars --> The night oriented stuff continues with Parasense, which bring us some alien sounds and a fierce bass along with psychedelic elements... An intense lead synth twist my brain after the break in the middle. The weird break near the end builds up nice expectative and deliver satisfaction. Nice track!

08. Sirius Isness vs CPU - Collective Dream --> We can really notice the different styles of these two artists mixing together in a unique blend in this track. Both Sirius Isness and CPU released albums recetly and this track is somewhere between their styles, maybe a little more CPU... This is the faster track in this album, 148 bpm, works on dancefloor, but not my style.

09. Mechanix - Baba Sababa --> This last track begins with a minute and half long intro... Some kind of Baba saying something unintelligible for me, but creates an interesting expectative... After this we got different psychedelic elements in many layers of sounds... The kick hides some tricks here, and a melody slowly builds up... When I close my eyes I can feel a remote touch of Mechanix debut album... Powerful bass, good taste in the effects choice, psychedelic layers of sounds and on top of that a high quality production: We have here another favorite! When the sounds go out don't think it's over, it has just begun! It's night time after the break, let's dance! The end of this track makes miracle on the dancefloor...

Verdict: 7/10
Favorites: 2, 4, 6(!!), 7 and 9(!!).

Recommendation: Fits the case of DJs from the dark side... This release is packed with some powerful weapons for the night time. Unfortunately this release features only 67 minutes of sound... Another track or a rmx could easily raise the score and fans satisfaction. Besides this little detail and a couple of average tracks, I recommend this release to all lovers of authentic night music!

Buy it here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sir/sir1cd003.html

Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 16, 2005 23:26
hmm.. seems more like early morning style to me. Nothing truly spectacular here (I know that's a lot to ask for these days), but Hujaboy, Inner Action, Parasense, etc. all supply pretty decent melodic tracks.

cheers
          ..it's just another party..
Spectral Moon Records
Spectral Moon Records

Started Topics :  50
Posted : May 17, 2005 03:09
For sure this is some SIRIUS stuff..

Masterpiece productions from all over the planet.

My favourites are:

hujaboy...parasense and mechanix(baba sababa is his best track i.m.o - go go go meshuga!!)

WELCOME YOU ARE CONNECTED!!

CRYSTAL MATRIX LABEL PARTY IN BRAZIL@JUNE 11TH
Dj Edell
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : May 18, 2005 02:12
well i can teel everything about this comp in one word
KILLLLLEEERRRR JOB TOKAGE

very interesting work from all artists

omi made amazing power track xerox ilumination made amazing rmx , Mechanix like all time is breaking the dancfloors with this baba track

and other one
r very special

one more time thnxxx for this killllllllllllleeeeerrrr compilation           edell
Dj / PR / Booking
======================
www.magmarecords.it
www.party-people.me
Osher (Ananda Shake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  22
Posted : May 18, 2005 13:11
yeha TOKAGE MADE HERE ABOMB comp realy cant wait to get it happy to see here my friend mehanix apower track here also for me xerox ilumination is the best project this time monster track ! ALL the best Sirius Records ...           New Album Coming Soon Ananda Shake - Inside The Sound.
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : May 18, 2005 13:50
XEROX AND ILLUMINATION track here is by far the best,and also one of their best works imho......not the usual fullonmania this time but an atmospheric stomper with unusual leads....
Nice catch Tokage san
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 19, 2005 02:08
Xerox and illuminaton do FULL justice to Sandman and Phisix with their remix...

Hujaboy also does not disappoint. im becomein a great fan of his works so far altho its a change from his earlier albums.

The first track by the 'Mleovsky's has this sample thats resoundin in my head alll day.. good stuff from them too..

i like this comp.. has a shit load of top names and some great stuff..
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 19, 2005 08:45
X and I's track is my favorite there, i really enjoyed this compilation!           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
zion
Zion

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 22, 2005 19:56
cool compilation good luck special track is the mechanix baba sababa a floor smasher best of luck
Michael/Genetic Spin
Genetic Spin

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 23, 2005 00:02
I believe the Melovskys track is by far the best! New thinking, bassline is interesting and groovy. The use of electro kind of sounds is another different aproach, and the build up is very intelligent too. Actually this track was the reason I bought this compilation. Only minus about this track is the Mexican vocal sample, it just doesn't sound cool to me
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 23, 2005 18:04
a very killer compilation
my favs are shift-silver, sirusness ness vs cpu trk is also a banger perfect combo of cpu bassline and sirusness groovey tunes....

regards,

ka booo-0m
Bröte

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 24, 2005 04:20
Really nice compilation with alot of energy and power. The best tracks on this compilation is made by Parasense and Mechanix, i think But all tracks are good, this is only my top 2

/Dj Bröte | Yage Records           --------------------------------------------
Mikael K. Löfgren
Yage Records
E-Mail: micke@yagerecords.com
Site: www.yagerecords.com
http://www.wirikuta.at/
--------------------------------------------
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : May 29, 2009 15:06
WOW
Inner action track here is fantastic, great break after the sample....woooowhooooo            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 30, 2009 14:09
ye it was a very nice cd           www.myspace.com/mechanixx
Digital Pride compiled by mechanix out now!!!
booking@mechanix.co.il
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Sirius Blasting -=- Sirius Records, april 2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance