Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Psychedelic Warriors (Wajanga Records, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Psychedelic Warriors (Wajanga Records, 2001)

___kaz
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 3, 2001 21:19:51
VA - Psychedelic Warriors

Tracklist:

1. Swarup - White Wing 6:31 (138bpm)
2. Wrecked Machines - Ice Drops 7:18 (149bpm)
3. Kompset - Once You Get Inside His Mind 6:32 (148bpm)
4. Mukunga Umbura - Always Left Something 7:21 (146bpm)
5. Influx - Metropole 6:39 (145bpm)
6. Wrecked Machines - Virtual School 5:38 (144bpm)
7. Wrecked Machines - Score Fuck Me 6:07 (145bpm)
8. Kosmo - Absolut 6:55 (144bpm)
9. Mukunga Umbura - Whats Normal Your Are Not RMX 7:00 (146bpm)
10. Nydra - Surrealismo 7:03 (138bpm)
11. Sensory - Copy Track 6:25 (145bpm)

Starts out with a refreshing minimal track with a powerful groove... nothing special, but very well executed. Wrecked Machines bring on an insane speed, with a very full-on track... When the snares kick in you gotta dance :). Kompset gives a more melodic touch to the album, but something is lacking here, didn't really like it. Track 4 has no bassline. I don't know how it got into this compilation. Influx give a good track, but again, the fact that there is a mediocre production KILLS an otherwise great melodic track (some stereotypical sounds though). Wrecked Machines come back with another minimal track with a great concept (which isn't executed that well). Very high on the stomp factor again. Score Fuck Me (T7) is a more "classicly" styled dark minimal track, very powerful dancefloor material. Kosmo comes up next with a morning track, but again... it just feels like someone didn't know how to use a mixer and the EQ knobs, which kills yet another (possibly) great track. Like track 3, this track also has no bassline. What were they thinking? It's a shame because this track could have been a killer. And then, Nydra (T10) comes in with a powerful groove and nothing more. And again, the track ends on a sour note due to lack of proffesional sound work. It's a shame.

Favorites: 1, 2, 7

With proper work on the sounds and more proffesional production, this album could have been GREAT, but because it's far from that... it's not. DJs who will add bass from other tracks to some of the ones here can get a lot of juice out of these track... But for hearing it at home, only 1, 2, 6, 7, 10... and maybe 5.
___luizparreiras
Old Forum Member
Posted : Dec 3, 2001 23:02:27
Hey Asaf, this compilation is brazilian's work from beginning to end. I have seen all of these guys playing live and i would say that the more talented of them really is Wrecked Machines. the guy's name is Gabe, he is the one everybody should have their eyes on. Curiously, from the ppl in the comp, he is the one who has been producing for the least time, so u can see there are great things in store for him. The other guys, Kompset, Mukunga, Nydra, Sensory and Influx have all been around for a long time (Kosmo is Kompset's side project and Swarup isn't really a producer, only a DJ, signed on Spirit Zone btw). From them, the lack of quality is most due to lack of equipment i guess (tho not Influx).
Btw, Influx released an album about 2 months ago. See if u can find it anywhere, it's supposed to be good (tho i did not hear it).
ah, that's all.
;-)
np: lube - digg
___ShivaS
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  96
Posted : Dec 3, 2001 23:22:43
Man, do you know good informative site in english---> about the real trance scene in Brazil?

10x
___vor
Old Forum Member
Posted : Dec 4, 2001 00:34:39
man, the only brazilian site who talks about trance and have an english version is Rave On

check out: www.raveon.com.br

it´s not updated very often, but it´s a very nice site!

BOOOOM!
___Martinelli
Old Forum Member
Posted : Feb 21, 2002 22:16:30
helllo Asaf

I neeed to reply this message because.. Im from kompset and the track called kompset - Onceyou get inde his mind is not Kompset ..  

one error ocorred when Milton make that compilation..

I hope you like kompset..

if you want some thing mailme rogerio@chaishop.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Psychedelic Warriors (Wajanga Records, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance